Wow…Sammy Watkins statement on Lamar 😬😳🥶🤦🏼‍♂️

Alphadawg7

1 hour ago, eball said:

Sammy’s an enigma, but there is no question the fact that Lamar doesn’t have a contract past this season is a HUGE issue right now.  If Lamar goes out there in a compromised condition and hurts himself worse, he is screwed.  Both Lamar and the Ravens have f***ked themselves by not getting a deal done.

(and I really want them to beat the Bengals, too…)

Lamar is also losing bags of money if he goes out there cold at 70% physical capacity and has a really bad game.  Right now the prevailing narrative is that the Ravens were serious contenders who have swan-dived after he wasn’t on the field.  

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

I actually agree with Watkins.  If it weren’t for his future contract, I think Lamar would be playing.  

Living here in Baltimore, there’s been some smoke to support it 

you catch him getting loose in that strip club under the other strip club ? 

4 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Jackson is out of there, and I don't blame him.   They won't franchise him, they are too cheap.  

Ravens should trade him for a boatload of picks and bring Trent Dilfer back for QB, their team is so boring.   

Ever watch a Ravens game?   Like watching paint dry.  

lmao @ people who make excuses for Lamar year after year. 

You’re advocating paying him more than Allen and Mahomes for first round exits on repeat ? 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

He kinda insinuated Lamar isn't out there due to his contract issue or to prevent himself from any further injury rather than because he is injured badly enough that he couldn't be out there.

Well…Lamar isn’t out there because of his contract….so….

Neither of these guys is particularly brilliant, so there is that…, 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

I don't think this is all that bad. He's saying he doesn't know hos situation but he wishes he could play. That's how everyone in Baltimore felt this week.

The crazier part of this is him saying he wishes someone could reach out to him and talk him into playing. The players don't have a way to contact their QB? That's pretty weird in today's day and age. Everyone texts each other all day every day. I would think every single player has Josh's phone number 

8 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I don't think this is all that bad. He's saying he doesn't know hos situation but he wishes he could play. That's how everyone in Baltimore felt this week.

The crazier part of this is him saying he wishes someone could reach out to him and talk him into playing. The players don't have a way to contact their QB? That's pretty weird in today's day and age. Everyone texts each other all day every day. I would think every single player has Josh's phone number 

I believe what he’s saying is that he doesn’t believe it’s the player’s place to do it. It’s an awkward position to be in. 

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

I actually agree with Watkins.  If it weren’t for his future contract, I think Lamar would be playing.  

A Boo-boo foot, lazy bum with a recent big time drop is in no position to comment on Jackson's willingness to play through injury. 

I really think Watkins will be done in the league after this season

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Lamar is 6 weeks out from an injury that was originally thought to be a 1 or 2 week injury.  I think it's fair to wonder what's going on.  I think the entire league is wondering what's going on with him.

Lamar gambled on himself this season and he lost.  He certainly hasn't done anything that is going to make him more money whenever and wherever he signs his next contract. 

Mostly agree. He’s still going to get PAID. No deshaun Watson money so I guess in his mind he “lost.” He’ll be slotted in under Dak/ Josh / pat contracts. Someone will pay him. I’m terrified it’ll be jets or pats 

And you know what? I’m sort of w Lamar here. I’m not rushing back to get slaughtered / look bad in a playoff game with NO wr on my team.

3 outcomes 

1) he’s still too injured / or ineffective 

2) he’s healthy and plays bad

3) he’s healthy and plays well

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

If I were Lamar, I don't think I'd play either. Someone will pay him $250 million this offseason, and it's pretty obvious it's not the Ravens. Why risk it to go out there and get crushed by the Bengals and risk another serious injury? They don't have a shot to win this game, with or without Lamar. 

I’m sick of Lamar at this point. I absolutely think he’s dragging out this injury due to the contract situation. He’s looking out for himself, and himself only… right, wrong or indifferent.

As for Lamar the player, I may get flamed for this, but I just don’t think he’s that good. I think he’s dangerous… but not a great QB. I wouldn’t give him anywhere close to Josh/Mahomes type money.

Above all said, Sammy should keep his mouth shut.  Not his place to publicly call out anyone.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ayjent said:

Sucks that he isn’t playing but the Ravens for all the good they’ve done haven’t ever acquired or done much to try to acquire a really good receiver that would make Lamar’s job easier.  That and the K are the sour points and the Ravens would be smart to try a sign and trade deal with some other team. I can actually see the Giants or Bucs in the mix here.  Lamar and the Ravens are destined for a divorce and it’s been a slow motion train wreck. It sucks for the league and Ravens that he won’t be playing but I get it and think his injury is more serious than reported.  I think it has been helping the team with its narrative to part ways without the fan base getting too upset.  

Watkins is just a moron who cost the team any chance to have a shot at the end of the last game with his fumble. His career and what the Bills gave up for him in that draft full of talent at WR just makes you appreciate the current FO so much.  

Making a lot of leaps here.

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I mean he is implying Lamar might be dogging it because of his contract situation and calling him out for not playing through the injury essentially.  

Now who do we know who used to do that.

I agree with Sammy on one point - it would be amazing if he came back for playoffs and beat Bengals.  We know we can beat Ravens with our without #8.

40 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

A Boo-boo foot, lazy bum with a recent big time drop is in no position to comment on Jackson's willingness to play through injury. 

I really think Watkins will be done in the league after this season

I think like P5t5rman there always will be some team who will look at his potential especially with expanded practice squads.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TH3 said:

Well…Lamar isn’t out there because of his contract….so….

There have been some reports with pictures he has been at parties while injured from people he went to college with.  I am sure he will say "that was not me" or "date on picture is doctored" but I am sure some teams will see them and decide they do not need a QB being paid big bucks who wants to concentrate on things other than football. 

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

He kinda insinuated Lamar isn't out there due to his contract issue or to prevent himself from any further injury rather than because he is injured badly enough that he couldn't be out there.

Lamar isn't out there due to his contract issue.  If the knee was that bad he should have had surgery and gone to IR.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.