Wow…Sammy Watkins statement on Lamar 😬😳🥶🤦🏼‍♂️

Alphadawg7

• Alphadawg7 changed the title to Wow…Sammy Watkins statement on Lamar 😬😳🥶🤦🏼‍♂️
8 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

I’m not sure what he said that was wrong?

He kinda insinuated Lamar isn't out there due to his contract issue or to prevent himself from any further injury rather than because he is injured badly enough that he couldn't be out there.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

He kinda insinuated Lamar isn't out there due to his contract issue or to prevent himself from any further injury rather than because he is injured badly enough that he couldn't be out there.

Not what I read. Seems like he wants Lamar to play because he’s a difference maker. I suppose we could read into it how we like. Personally I don’t think Lamar wants to play 

• Agree 14
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

I’m not sure what he said that was wrong?

When he said, "I'm being very selfish right now," I knew he was being sincere.

Eff that a-hole.

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I actually agree with Watkins.  If it weren’t for his future contract, I think Lamar would be playing.  

Living here in Baltimore, there’s been some smoke to support it 

I don't think anyone questions that.

And considering he's watch other teams give a QB that hasn't played in 18 months a full guaranteed contact for Watson and traded their future and bank for Wilson, I'd be dragging my feet as well.

They are going to end up franchising him.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Sucks that he isn’t playing but the Ravens for all the good they’ve done haven’t ever acquired or done much to try to acquire a really good receiver that would make Lamar’s job easier.  That and the K are the sour points and the Ravens would be smart to try a sign and trade deal with some other team. I can actually see the Giants or Bucs in the mix here.  Lamar and the Ravens are destined for a divorce and it’s been a slow motion train wreck. It sucks for the league and Ravens that he won’t be playing but I get it and think his injury is more serious than reported.  I think it has been helping the team with its narrative to part ways without the fan base getting too upset.  

Watkins is just a moron who cost the team any chance to have a shot at the end of the last game with his fumble. His career and what the Bills gave up for him in that draft full of talent at WR just makes you appreciate the current FO so much.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Ayjent said:

Sucks that he isn’t playing but the Ravens for all the good they’ve done haven’t ever acquired or done much to try to acquire a really good receiver that would make Lamar’s job easier.  That and the K are the sour points and the Ravens would be smart to try a sign and trade deal with some other team. I can actually see the Giants or Bucs in the mix here.  Lamar and the Ravens are destined for a divorce and it’s been a slow motion train wreck. It sucks for the league and Ravens that he won’t be playing but I get it and think his injury is more serious than reported.  I think it has been helping the team with its narrative to part ways without the fan base getting too upset.  

Watkins is just a moron who cost the team any chance to have a shot at the end of the last game with his fumble. His career and what the Bills gave up for him in that draft full of talent at WR just makes you appreciate the current FO so much.  

The problem is that most wrs don't want to play in their system since it's not designed around passing but Lamar running.  See Hollywood Brown requesting a trade.

That has changed some but still a major concern when these players are thinking of their future contracts on a team that doesn't throw the ball.

Lamar hasn't been in the top 20 for pass attempts ever while he's been in the league.

• Like (+1) 3

Sammy’s an enigma, but there is no question the fact that Lamar doesn’t have a contract past this season is a HUGE issue right now.  If Lamar goes out there in a compromised condition and hurts himself worse, he is screwed.  Both Lamar and the Ravens have f***ked themselves by not getting a deal done.

(and I really want them to beat the Bengals, too…)

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

Lamar is 6 weeks out from an injury that was originally thought to be a 1 or 2 week injury.  I think it's fair to wonder what's going on.  I think the entire league is wondering what's going on with him.

Lamar gambled on himself this season and he lost.  He certainly hasn't done anything that is going to make him more money whenever and wherever he signs his next contract. 

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Lamar is 6 weeks out from an injury that was originally thought to be a 1 or 2 week injury.  I think it's fair to wonder what's going on.  I think the entire league is wondering what's going on with him.

Lamar gambled on himself this season and he lost.  He certainly hasn't done anything that is going to make him more money whenever and wherever he signs his next contract. 

His agent really should have told him, you don’t gamble 200+ million, trying to win another 20.  The guy is a fool.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I think Lamar is going to cash in.  He may be the next Cousins as far as being franchised tagged a couple of times by Ravens at $43 M per season but after that he's free and clear.  It seems half the league is looking for a QB1.  Some team will pay him crazy money.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.