Derek Carr to Baltimore?

BuffaloDave55

I posted this in another thread, Ian Rapoport is reporting today that the Ravens have stated that they are committed to Lamar Jackson as their franchise QB and will begin working on long term deal when season is over. I can’t figure out the link, if you don’t believe me just Google it.

23 hours ago, dma0034 said:

I think Rodgers will end up in Miami. Last year was the offseason of WR moves... this year it will be QBs. I also think Lamar will be a Jet.

Rodgers could go to the Titans too...He was building a home in Nashville.

On 1/13/2023 at 8:45 PM, Einstein said:

Lamar has teammates and writers calling him out for exaggerating his injury and not playing due to the contract. If true, who would want a player like that? Who would want a player that would skip a PLAYOFF game just to prove a point?

remember life before Josh? Would you want those guys or Lamar?

5 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Unless they get blown away with an offer they will tag him. 

Tag/Trade seems like the best move to me.  I mean - could you imagine Josh pulling something like this with the injury and the playoff game?  Or Mahomes?  I certainly can't.

I feel like this, combined with the contract situation, would seem to indicate that moving on is in everyone's best interest.

On 1/13/2023 at 9:45 PM, Einstein said:

Lamar has teammates and writers calling him out for exaggerating his injury and not playing due to the contract. If true, who would want a player like that? Who would want a player that would skip a PLAYOFF game just to prove a point?

Seems like Lamar is really a standup guy though, and I don't think he gets enough credit for his character and desire to win.    He got paid 23M bucks this year to play like a dozen games, its not like making $2M a game is being drastically underpaid.  Yes he wanted a new deal, and he'll get it either in Balt or somewhere else (they won't franchise him, he'd sit and everyone loses) but I don't believe his sprain is healed enough for him to move around out there.  They say it was a 4-6 weeker and he's at 4.

He wouldn't fold up his tent and go home with all the guys that he loves wanting him to play, (and make another $46,500 per player if they advance, which is 10% of some players salaries)  I believe the guy, he just cant be a good qb if he can't move well and he's still too injured to pull this off.

On 1/13/2023 at 9:39 PM, BillsFan130 said:

Baltimore still holds the cards with Lamar.

They can franchise him twice if they need to.

Would that piss him off? Absolutely.

But if they don’t reach a long term deal he can technically still be on the Ravens for 2 more years

True.  But if you are Baltimore and he is sitting out with something they think he should be pushing through, would they want to continue down this road with him?  Is franchise money guaranteed?  I think it is. 

Lamar may be doing this so they explore other options 

11 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

True.  But if you are Baltimore and he is sitting out with something they think he should be pushing through, would they want to continue down this road with him?  Is franchise money guaranteed?  I think it is. 

Lamar may be doing this so they explore other options 

Ya franchise is guaranteed as long as he doesn’t sit out.

If he holds out, then he wouldn’t be getting paid

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/13/2023 at 10:57 PM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Carr > Lamar when you factor in availability. And I'm not that big on Carr. 

Give Lamar a Devante Adams, Josh Jacobs and Darren Waller and see what happens.

Carr is awful and would be even worse with less talent surrounding him.

On 1/13/2023 at 9:26 PM, BuffaloDave55 said:

With all the crap Lamar is pulling I would be surprised to see Baltimore and Lamar go their own ways.  He is not worth what he thinks he is.  Derek Carr would go to a team that would be a divisional contender.  

Im thinking New England

On 1/13/2023 at 9:45 PM, Einstein said:

Lamar has never been a good QB

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.