Derek Carr to Baltimore?

BuffaloDave55

37 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Why? They can sit on him until he either plays or they find great trade value.

I would say Lamar has way more to lose if he wants to sit out and lose 40 mil 

They’d have to eat up a large amount of the cap and they also won’t have a QB. 

Jackson controls everything. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They’d have to the cap space available and they won’t have a QB. 

Jackson controls everything. 

Technically he doesn’t control anything though as the ravens can franchise him twice and there is absolutely nothing Lamar can do about it if the ravens don’t want to trade him.

It’s a lose/lose scenario. But my point is the ravens, not Lamar, has the final say on what they want to do with him.

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

Technically he doesn’t control anything though as the ravens can franchise him twice and there is absolutely nothing Lamar can do about it if the ravens don’t want to trade him.

It’s a lose/lose scenario. But my point is the ravens, not Lamar, has the final say on what they want to do with him.

They aren’t going to franchise Lamar Jackson and force him to sit out if Jackson doesn’t want to be there.

The Ravens can forfeit an entire season if they want but they won’t. QB is too important a position. Too expensive. 

The only way the Ravens hold the cards is if no other team wants Jackson at the price Jackson wants.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They aren’t going to franchise Lamar Jackson and force him to sit out if Jackson doesn’t want to be there.

The Ravens can forfeit an entire season if they want but they won’t. QB is too important a position. Too expensive. 

The only way the Ravens hold the cards is if no other team wants Jackson at the price Jackson wants.

They probably won’t, I’m not saying that 

But they also won’t give him away for a less than ideal trade just cause Lamar wants out.

My overall point is the ravens CAN play hardball if they want, and at the end of the day it’s their decision what they want to do with Lamar

Fans can be the absolute worst. Lamar is among league leaders in winning % in the last few years and has already won an MVP and I think has been in the playoffs every season since he came to the NFL. He’s entering his prime and people on here are giving him crap nonstop. Now people questioning his work ethic/injury status lol like people on Internet forums are there with him rehabbing and meeting with doctors and team trainers.

Constant, nonstop negativity from so many of you, talking out of your a$$es about matters you know nothing of. The HC came out and publicly stated Lamar wants to play but nah, folks on a message board know better.

“Y’all little jobs” Sammy Watkins is more reliable than Harbaugh. 

And the fact that Carr is somehow looked at with higher regard than Lamar is telling for some of you around here. Lamar accomplished more in 2 seasons than Carr has in his entire below average career. 

Edited by bobobonators

2 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

They probably won’t, I’m not saying that 

But they also won’t give him away for a less than ideal trade just cause Lamar wants out.

My overall point is the ravens CAN play hardball if they want, and at the end of the day it’s their decision what they want to do with Lamar

They won’t just give him away. They’d get a ransom for him. That’s what I’m talking about though. The Ravens won’t just sit on an asset like that. You sign him to what he wants or you trade him.

34 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They won’t just give him away. They’d get a ransom for him. That’s what I’m talking about though. The Ravens won’t just sit on an asset like that. You sign him to what he wants or you trade him.

See I think you’re wrong about “Asset”. Jackson is known for his legs and making huge plays running the ball, the last 2 years he has had knee injuries. ANY team should see those as red flags that his career is going to be a lot shorter than most here expect. I’d say he will be around maybe another 4-5 years if his knee issues keep happening.. and that’s on the l on g side.

I see Carr a best fit in Seattle. He's better then Wilson but needs the coaching of Carrol. And he's a west coast kid.

Lamar get tagged and traded to Atlanta or maybe Miami.

Not sure what the Ravens do in the meantime, but likely a vet "bridge" QB. Maybe Jimmy G but likely more a 2nd tier guy so there is a clear path for whoever they draft next.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The point was “Lamar holds the cards though”.

He doesn’t. Ravens will only trade him if there is a move that directly benefits the ravens organization. 

He’s on a rookie contract  so it’s not like Lamar can hold a gun to their throats and tell them where he wants to go.

Ravens can decide IF and WHO they want to trade him to. The billionaire owner holds the cards

Edited by BillsFan130

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

The point was “Lamar holds the cards though”.

He doesn’t. Ravens will only trade him if there is a move that directly benefits the ravens organization. 

He also has a no trade clause, so it’s not like Lamar can hold a gun to their throats and tell them where he wants to go.

Ravens can decide IF and WHO they want to trade him to. The billionaire owner holds the cards, not Lamar.

A no-trade clause benefits the player who does get control over where they go. Additionally, any team that is going to trade multiple 1sts for him will only complete the trade after working out a long term deal with Lamar. So if he doesnt want to go to that team, he doesnt sign a deal.

Neither side holds "all" the cards. Each have a few cards they can play. If they both play them right then Lamar ends up on another team, where he wants to be playing, for a high $ deal, and the Ravens end up with a pile of draft picks.

Hence why I think he'll end up either in Atlanta or Miami. Two places he'd be willing to go, and two teams with the resources and desperation to land a new franchise QB and pay him a ton of money.

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

A no-trade clause benefits the player who does get control over where they go. Additionally, any team that is going to trade multiple 1sts for him will only complete the trade after working out a long term deal with Lamar. So if he doesnt want to go to that team, he doesnt sign a deal.

Neither side holds "all" the cards. Each have a few cards they can play. If they both play them right then Lamar ends up on another team, where he wants to be playing, for a high $ deal, and the Ravens end up with a pile of draft picks.

Hence why I think he'll end up either in Atlanta or Miami. Two places he'd be willing to go, and two teams with the resources and desperation to land a new franchise QB and pay him a ton of money.

I edited the no trade clause after I typed it, it was a typo on my end.

I meant to say he’s on a rookie contract so it’s not like he can decide where he wants to go. 

Edited by BillsFan130

8 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I edited the no trade clause after I typed it, it was a typo on my end.

I meant to say he’s on a rookie contract so it’s not like he can decide where he wants to go. 

Ah, gotcha. I dont see the difference with the rookie contract, but regardless... His current contract doesnt matter. He has a bit of power by deciding whether or not he wants to do a long term deal with the potential trade partner. No team is trading multiple 1sts just for a 1-year rental on the tag.

59 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I see Carr a best fit in Seattle. He's better then Wilson but needs the coaching of Carrol. And he's a west coast kid.

Lamar get tagged and traded to Atlanta or maybe Miami.

Not sure what the Ravens do in the meantime, but likely a vet "bridge" QB. Maybe Jimmy G but likely more a 2nd tier guy so there is a clear path for whoever they draft next.

Seattle just announced Geno smith is sticking around. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Ah, gotcha. I dont see the difference with the rookie contract, but regardless... His current contract doesnt matter. He has a bit of power by deciding whether or not he wants to do a long term deal with the potential trade partner. No team is trading multiple 1sts just for a 1-year rental on the tag.

You make some fair points overall.

I think both sides like you said have some power.

I guess my point overall is the ravens have the final say on what they want to do. 

Carr will find a few good places and situations he could land.

Ravens - for all the reasons noted in the thread

Dolphins - offensive coach, great weapons, playoff team, offensive minded coach

Jets - team has a great defense, something he did not have with the Raiders. Good young weapons, Hall/ Carter etc to take pressure off of passing game

Seahawks - good weapons, West Coast, weaker conference, steady coach, rebuilt OL, Walker balances offense

Depends on what Carr wants to do at this stage of his career.

17 hours ago, Special K said:

On PTI, Kornheiser half-jokingly suggested to Wilbon that his Bears should trade Fields and the #1 pick to the Ravens for Lamar....not a fan of LJ, but I think the Ravens would have to consider it at this point.

Would contract consider that though? Fields plus a boatload of picks > Jackson and a huge conteact.

18 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Baltimore still holds the cards with Lamar.

They can franchise him twice if they need to.

Would that piss him off? Absolutely.

But if they don’t reach a long term deal he can technically still be on the Ravens for 2 more years

I'd tag him and trade him for a bunch of draft capital if a deal can't be reached

I'd do this if I was GM regardless. Forget a deal, I'll take a boatload of picks instead

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.