Derek Carr to Baltimore?

BuffaloDave55

8 hours ago, Governor said:

Having Lamar requires the franchise to be all in and hire certain coaches, draft certain players, etc. and I just never thought the Ravens would resign him. Time for a reboot. Look at how much the team did to make it work. It’s been years now.

People in general have terrible instincts. This was pretty easy to see coming 2 years ago.

Pretty easy to see coming prior to drafting him you mean. I didn't want the Bills to draft him because you have to play a certain style of offense with certain perssonel and a certain OC (Roman) similar to what we were already doing with Tyrod and I was sick of it. You are basically running a high school offense. And then you have to pray to God that he doesn't get injured with how often he runs. We tried to warn people he was only going to be good for so long.

Most RB's decline by 30 and that's exactly how I see LamaRB's career going. Whoever pays him big guaranteed money is going to be bummed when he only makes it 5 out of those 7 years and of the 5 he's oft injured and missing playoff games. I'm sure he will have 1-2 more really good seasons so it might look like a good idea at first but once he can't run he's not a threat anymore.

Edited by KDIGGZ
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

QB always holds the cards. Only card Baltimore holds is where they trade him if Lamar decides not to play for them.

If he holds out and the Baltimore doesn’t want to trade him, Lamar loses out on like 40 million.

That would be a lose/lose scenario, but at the end of the day the Owner always holds the cards.

10 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Never thought I'd see that, but now, maybe.

Lamar is really good, but the Cousins contract showed that even with a good QB you don't want to fully guarantee a contract.

Carr to Baltimore would be interesting.

Lamar's situation is why sometimes you really do need an agent. Not everyone, and not all the time. But sometimes and for some people.

Given his dubious faculties (13), I'd say Lamar DEFINITELY needs an agent. 

10 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Never thought I'd see that, but now, maybe.

Lamar is really good, but the Cousins contract showed that even with a good QB you don't want to fully guarantee a contract.

Carr to Baltimore would be interesting.

Lamar's situation is why sometimes you really do need an agent. Not everyone, and not all the time. But sometimes and for some people.

As a football player in the NFL you need an agent, these deals are so complex that not having a seasoned agent will only hurt you. Whenever I see a player negotiating a deal without an agent most times the player ends up on the short end of the stick

9 hours ago, Special K said:

I'm thinking:

Carr to Washington

Rodgers to 49ers

Garrapolo to Raiders

Brady retires(again) or 49ers if they can't pull off a Rodgers move

Lamar franchised by Ravens....trade likely

This may be wishful thinking that none end up either with Jets or Miami.

I'd be kind of surprised to see Rogers go anywhere.  I think he'll either stay in Green Bay or retire.  Not sure too with his contract if worth any team trading for him unless bad team just trying to sell tickets.

11 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Baltimore still holds the cards with Lamar.

They can franchise him twice if they need to.

Would that piss him off? Absolutely.

But if they don’t reach a long term deal he can technically still be on the Ravens for 2 more years

Perfect.  Two more seasons is about Lamar’s shelf-life.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, unbillievable said:

Lamar getting an MVP really screwed the Ravens Lamar.

Fixed.

MVP caused him to think he could lever that into a mega payday.  This is where an agent could disabuse him of that notion.

9 hours ago, Beck Water said:

"Boo-boo foot" = snide nickname for Sammy Watkins when he was on the Bills. 

Isnt Jairus Byrd the original Boo-Boo foot for his phantom plantar fasciaitis (sp?)?

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Jimmy G is to injury prone. Has he played a full season ever?

Carr is who he is, he is 15-20 rank QB but with the Jets D he be good enough to challenge the Bills for the conference. Dolphins D isn’t that good they would regress.

Brady — to the Jets would be scary he only have to be 2001 Brady and not make mistakes. Jets be hard to beat.  Miami be the second best in the division and perhaps challenge the Bills for the division. But a 1 maybe 2 year thing at best.. 

Jimmy G has been to a Super Bowl. Personally I don't buy into the injury-prone narrative for any player. I think he is the perfect fit for the Jets next year - but I wouldn't commit to him long term. Of course that might not be possible.

Completely agree wrt Carr - he's been that guy that's just good enough to keep around. But he would also be a major upgrade for the Jets and could possibly be their Brad Johnson. Personally I'd steer clear.

No way in hell Brady ever plays for the Jets. Even though it might be cool for John Edward Thomas Moynihan.

Carr, Jimmy G, and Brady assuming Brady plays, have to think the three of them end up in some combination of Miami, NY Jets, and Las Vegas. We know one for sure won't be in Las Vegas. It does feel like if the Ravens move off of Lamar he will end up with one of those three teams as well. Ravens on the surface feel like not that great a destination for a QB but they are by far the best run franchise out of Jets, Miami, Las Vegas and Baltimore.

12 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Baltimore still holds the cards with Lamar.

They can franchise him twice if they need to.

Would that piss him off? Absolutely.

But if they don’t reach a long term deal he can technically still be on the Ravens for 2 more years

The longer this drags on, the more power Lamar has in the situation - unless he plays under the FT and has a catastrophic injury. If he’s truly slow playing coming back from injury now, he’d certainly play games with the tag. He could wait on signing it until just prior to the regular season (or we’ll into the season) or simply refuse to sign it and demand to be traded. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.