2022 NFL All-Pro Teams Announced

JGMcD2

This was interesting:

"y-Four voters picked ineligible players as second-team linebackers"

I'm guessing Judon got a couple of those.  Good on whoever organized this to knock him out of consideration.  All he does is rush the passer.

11 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

They gave second team to Hurts who has nowhere near the stats Allen has…Josh got screwed 

Pass Yards: Allen 4283, Hurst 3701

Completion Rate : Allen 63.3%, Hurts 66.5%

Passing TDs: Allen 35, Hurts 22

Interceptions: Allen 14, Hurts 6

Rushing Yards: Allen 762, Hurts 760

Rushing TDs: Allen 8, Hurts 7

I am all in favour for some JA17 love but "nowhere near"? Hurts had a pretty damn good season

Edited by Gunvald's Husse

3 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Hurts was better than Allen in virtually every statistical category except total passing yards, total TDs, and yards per carry. He had a PHENOMENAL season and was deserving. 14-1 as a starter too. Allen had a great year too, of course. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HurtJa00.htm  

Hurts has the best OLIne in the league Josh has one of the worst. 

1 minute ago, Gunvald's Husse said:

I am all in favour for some JA17 love but "nowhere near"? 

Josh is better 

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, balln said:

Does this help buf in terms of driving down edmunds contract: Milano got paid xyz. You’re getting less ? Can throw out any notion of roquan money 

I think Milano far more important than edmunds 

Many aren’t talking about this reality of an Edmunds contract in Buffalo. If he’s set to make substantially more than his all pro teammate, Milano would have to get a raise as well. If not, I’d expect a hold out, a disgruntled teammate, and no one here could vilify him for that. 

43 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

The voting changed this year. As I understand it:

Think of it as 50 writers filling out 2 sets of depth charts. 1 x 1st team depth chart (Offense/ Defense/ ST) and 1 x second team depth chart (Offense/Defense/ST)

So each media person would choose 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 LT, 1 LG, 1 C, 1 RG, 1 RT etc etc to fill out their '1st place team'.

Then they fill out a second depth chart for their second place team

PS congrats to Matt Milano! Stud LB

I got this from the AP site:

Voters will rank their top five picks for MVP and top three picks for other awards. They will also rank their choices for first and second team All-Pro – the best players at each position. This process will more seamlessly allow for AP to name second and third-place finishers.

I can't find where they are voting for more than 2 players at each position (giving their choices a 1st or 2nd team vote). 

8 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Many aren’t talking about this reality of an Edmunds contract in Buffalo. If he’s set to make substantially more than his all pro teammate, Milano would have to get a raise as well. If not, I’d expect a hold out, a disgruntled teammate, and no one here could vilify him for that. 

Right I think this only helps bills leverage edmunds down. UNLESS edmunds becomes the second coming in playoffs. Like 3 ints / tackles / run stuffs / pbr on kelce….

27 minutes ago, balln said:

Hurts also has arguably better wr than diggs - aj brown - dude comes down w everything / jump ball / contested catches 

also devonta. Bills don’t have anything like him or a WR2

Yeah, Derrick Henry got all the credit, and deservedly so, but no one seems to remember how AJ Brown made Tannehill look like a decent a QB in Tennessee. 

32 minutes ago, Gunvald's Husse said:

Not denying that for a moment, but let's have some realism here too, Hurts' numbers are a decent match for Josh's. they definitely are not "nowhere near" which is the statement I was responding to

I would say Josh’s are much better. 

This looks like a good thread to ask @GunnerBill - you have that theory that any SB winning team needs to have 3 (or 4?) difference makers, right?

So, before playoff starts, do we have them? :) If yes, who is the 3rd right now? Is it clear right now, or is it something which can change during playoffs?

Also, which other teams have 3 so they stand a chance to win SB?

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

I got this from the AP site:

Voters will rank their top five picks for MVP and top three picks for other awards. They will also rank their choices for first and second team All-Pro – the best players at each position. This process will more seamlessly allow for AP to name second and third-place finishers.

This essentially tells us how they’ll land on MVP voting then too? Not exactly, but close. 

Mahomes

Hurts

Allen/Burrow 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, balln said:

Does this help buf in terms of driving down edmunds contract: Milano got paid xyz. You’re getting less ? Can throw out any notion of roquan money 

I think Milano far more important than edmunds 

No I don't think so. It only drives up Milano's contract.

3 hours ago, Gunvald's Husse said:

I am all in favour for some JA17 love but "nowhere near"? Hurts had a pretty damn good season

Yes in just about every category Allen was better 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.