We Need a Dominating Win on Sunday!

Wizard

What would be great, if it happens, is a blowout lead at halftime, resulting in Josh and other key players (DIGGS) sitting out the second half, getting rest, and avoiding injury going into the real playoff game against the BENGALS.

Miami is crippled; we will win this game, just a question of how easily.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’d like the dominating win not because of resting our starters, or any of the other things mentioned here, but because I think it would be good for the team’s psyche going into the next round hosting Cincinnati. There have been too many ‘squeak by’ victories even if the point differential doesn’t seem to show it. 

When you play a team as decimated as Miami, don't let them hang around.  I'd like to have a relaxing Sunday afternoon and yes want to see the offence really roll.  

Yes I get "Any Given Sunday", but time to flex some muscles.

10 hours ago, Wizard said:

With Mostert hurt, Tua out, Damar's great news, an unknown rookie for the Dolphins starting at QB, and the fact that Buffalo is at home, the Bills need a Dominating Win!

The kind of win where other teams watch and media say, "damn, the Bills are firing on all cylinders."

With a 13 point spread, I want the offense, defense, and coaching to preach being aggressive and putting this game away early. A Dominating Win to me has to be 14+ in this situation.

A Dominating Win would look like:

3+ sacks

2 or more turnovers

250+ yards for Allen

No fumbles or interceptions thrown

100+ rushing yards

7+ points in the 3rd quarter

Up by 14 or more entering the 4th quarter

Piling it on at the start of the 4th

Seeing to it that key starters are out of the game halfway through the 4th.

This is the kind of game I expect if Buffalo wants to compete and let other teams know that the Bills always circle the wagons!

Time for a thorough, complete, and dominating win heading to the Divisional Round!

Bills 34

Dolphins 10

We need one? 

Nah. Not even close. Do they kick us out of the playoffs if we only win by a bit? Do we play on the road the next game?

It'd be nice. It'd help us and them relax a bit earlier in the game. But it's not anything we need.

15 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

I am of the opposite thinking since this will be the one game we can play a C game and still win. The next three weeks after will be much tougher tests so if we play just ok and win and will be thrilled with the hope we show up the next month after 

We need to use this game to remember how to fire on all cylinders.  We haven't done that in about 8 or 9 games now.  I've lost count.

The remainder of the season goes like this: Bengals, Chiefs, Eagles.

Probably the 3 best teams in the league right now.

Anything less than Josh and company firing on all cylinders = Bills loss in any of those.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

10 hours ago, Wizard said:

With Mostert hurt, Tua out, Damar's great news, an unknown rookie for the Dolphins starting at QB, and the fact that Buffalo is at home, the Bills need a Dominating Win!

The kind of win where other teams watch and media say, "damn, the Bills are firing on all cylinders."

With a 13 point spread, I want the offense, defense, and coaching to preach being aggressive and putting this game away early. A Dominating Win to me has to be 14+ in this situation.

A Dominating Win would look like:

3+ sacks

2 or more turnovers

250+ yards for Allen

No fumbles or interceptions thrown

100+ rushing yards

7+ points in the 3rd quarter

Up by 14 or more entering the 4th quarter

Piling it on at the start of the 4th

Seeing to it that key starters are out of the game halfway through the 4th.

This is the kind of game I expect if Buffalo wants to compete and let other teams know that the Bills always circle the wagons!

Time for a thorough, complete, and dominating win heading to the Divisional Round!

Bills 34

Dolphins 10

Nope, a win is all that matters.

And who is the team everyone is pointing to as the most complete team right now?  The team that has been the most dominating the last 6 weeks.

It's SF 49'ers

Their only issue is they expect the clock to strike midnight on Cinderella (Purdy). 

Yes a game like the Pittsburgh game where we can complain afterwards about the defence allowing Pickett 324 yards passing and the usual "Bend Don't Break".😉

10 minutes ago, DieHardFan said:

Dominate in the 1st Half, lead by 21+, then sit the starters. 

Less wear and tear and avoid injuries.

Teams don't usually do that in playoff games. Josh played all the snaps in the blowout over NE last year and Stafford played the whole game during the WC blowout over the Cards.

I'd agree with the just win mentality and not worry about style points.  People sometimes forget it's NFL football playoffs.  Miami has a whole bunch of other guys not named Skylar and those players are pretty good.  It's a team game. What if Miami gets the kickoff, drives, takes 7 and a half minutes off the clock and goes up 7-0.  The narrative about the whole game will change.  So anyway,  just win the game and move on. 

21 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I'd agree with the just win mentality and not worry about style points.  People sometimes forget it's NFL football playoffs.  Miami has a whole bunch of other guys not named Skylar and those players are pretty good.  It's a team game. What if Miami gets the kickoff, drives, takes 7 and a half minutes off the clock and goes up 7-0.  The narrative about the whole game will change.  So anyway,  just win the game and move on. 

That happens and "Knives Out" on the Defense.  Another Zach Wilson performance?

What we need is a win, in the Super Bowl, just sayin.

GO BILLS!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.