Kickers can be cheaters too...

Just Jack

I have a dumb question: 

If this object is that small, in real time the punter/placeholder is looking at the snap and then has to place the ball exactly on this placeholder after receiving the ball? I mean it seems like there’s a lot of room for error/mis placement. Putting the ball tip down doesn’t leave much surface area to try and place it directly on a second small surface area. 

I wish they provided more info im just trying to imagine, on a logistical basis, how such a thing would work real time. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, bobobonators said:

I have a dumb question: 

If this object is that small, in real time the punter/placeholder is looking at the snap and then has to place the ball exactly on this placeholder after receiving the ball? I mean it seems like there’s a lot of room for error/mis placement. Putting the ball tip down doesn’t leave much surface area to try and place it directly on a second small surface area. 

I wish they provided more info im just trying to imagine, on a logistical basis, how such a thing would work real time. 

Totally not sure, but I’m envisioning the holder having it in his left hand and placing it simultaneously while positioning the ball just before the kicker makes contact—but too lazy to pull the game footage and see for myself 😎🤷🏼‍♂️

3 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Totally not sure, but I’m envisioning the holder having it in his left hand and placing it simultaneously while positioning the ball just before the kicker makes contact—but too lazy to pull the game footage and see for myself 😎🤷🏼‍♂️

The article provides videos. And the thing appears to be super tiny like

quarter size. I still cant see how the placeholder takes the snap, and places the ball exactly on this quarter-sized object and manages to align the laces. They’re definitely picking something up but I’m not sure what function it serves. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

quarter size. I still cant see how the placeholder takes the snap, and places the ball exactly on this quarter-sized object and manages to align the laces. They’re definitely picking something up but I’m not sure what function it serves. 

Practice something tens of thousands of times and I’d imagine they’re pretty darn good at it.  I want to know with all the hd cameras it hasn’t been spotted before 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, bobobonators said:

Wouldn't the holder have to place the ball at an exact spot anyway? Otherwise, it wouldn't align with the kickers swinging leg.

14 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I wonder if they can confirm if Kansas City used it for the last second game tying kick last year? There's gotta be footage... Zoom in.

You really think any of those refs would have thrown a flag on the game tying kick in arrowhead for a 15 yrd penalty?

See "music city forward lateral"

• Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

It also helps the ball go farther if there's something between the grass/turf and the bottom of the ball. I used to kick in high school and even something as thin as a poker chip helped.

You were also barefoot and kicking a coconut, so is it really a fair comparison?

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.