Neutral site selected - Atlanta

BillsIsrael

26 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Are these game times actually true or just wishful thinking on Barry's part? I was hoping for a 1pm kickoff so I wouldn't need a hotel room. Just fly in and out.

The neutral site will only happen if the Chiefs, Bills, or Bengals play each other.

yep that should be accurate. They switch every year which conference gets the earlier Champ. game and which one gets the later game.

Bills-Chiefs was the night game in 2020, so AFC is due again for the late game this season.

19 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Why Atlanta which is so far away from both cities?

Why not Indy, Cincy or even Chicago?

Doesn't seem to me like the NFL took fans travel time and costs into consideration here.

Despite living in Atlanta, I’m not a huge fan of the city. But they do host major events well, I must say.  With the Atlanta airport you will get more flight options (most likely direct flights) than just about any other city. It may be a little greater distance, but it’s easy to get to from anywhere. It’s only about a 2 hour flight to Buffalo, so that’s no big deal. My wife needs to be here as the airport makes it easier for her to travel and do her job. 

Indy was booked and Cincinnati and Chicago are outdoors (with Cincinnati being one of the teams potentially involved). It seems the dome/weather was a priority for the decision makers. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

yep that should be accurate. They switch every year which conference gets the earlier Champ. game and which one gets the later game.

Bills-Chiefs was the night game in 2020, so AFC is due again for the late game this season.

And I just verified: 6:40pm kickoff, Sunday Jan. 29.  So call me overconfident but I just booked a flight and hotel.  See y'all in Hot 'Lanta!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Why Atlanta which is so far away from both cities?

Why not Indy, Cincy or even Chicago?

Doesn't seem to me like the NFL took fans travel time and costs into consideration here.

Indy was the first spot looked at and they declined - Have a huge volleyball tournament in town eating up hotel space.

Cincy was eliminated do to being outside and why would the Bills want to go there after the Monday night event.

Chicago is also outside and a smaller venue.  From all of the discussions - they were looking for a neutral site that would not be impacted by the weather and a city that would not be biased against either team.

Their preference seemed to be a domed NFC stadium or Indy in a no division city.  They tried Indy, Detroit, and Atlanta as their 3 primary venues.  Detroit and Indy were unavailable - so it defaulted toward Atlanta.

I think in reality the NFL did take a lot of consideration into making the call - Atlanta is a major airline hub - so fairly easy to get direct flights in and out.

The weather should be fine and the dome will ensure the game is played in perfect conditions.

For everything that screws us over - this seems like an excellent location that should be highly accommodating and will provide a venue that Bills fans can travel to and many are already in the area.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

who the heck flies between B Lo and Atlanta enough to justify a pile of direct flights?  come on man.. 

I just looked and Delta alone has 3 daily direct flights to Buffalo in the morning, late afternoon and evening. That’s not horrible options. No telling what other airlines may have. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

Despite living in Atlanta, I’m not a huge fan of the city. But they do host major events well, I must say.

There's a Richard Jewell on line one who would like to speak to you, sir.

• Haha (+1) 3

From my rep:

At this time, ticketing procedures have not yet been completely finalized for a potential AFC Championship game being played at a neutral site.

Season Ticket Members that committed to the potential Championship game (Pay as We Play or paid in full for playoff tickets) will have priority.

Once completely finalized, we will share that process with you via email.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.