Cody Ford has to buy his own jerseys and helmet from the Cardinals to take with him

PromoTheRobot

9 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I mean if you were an an NFL player, wouldn't you want your stuff for your man cave or den? I just think it's weird teams would charge players for it. Is it just the cheapass Cards or do the Bills do the same?

Maybe it's just Cody.  LOL 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Simon said:

Why the heck would you want it at all?

Either you'll get more from teh Cards next year or you'll be somewhere else and won't want a stanky old gear from somewhere you're not even playing

I remember when I played (oh about a hundred years ago) once you found a helmet brand/fit you really liked, you wanted to hang on to it out of fear you would not be able to find that fit again.   NFL teams are contracturally stuck with helmet vendors today and his next team may not use the same vendor.   Just a thought

7 hours ago, MJS said:

Really? What did she do or say that was so upsetting to you?

Obviously a thousand still felt like real money to her. A thousand is real money to most of us I'm guessing.

7 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

Why do people feel the need to share everything they deal with? And who the hell really cares anyways? Imagine going to a social platform to tell everyone that you had a  nice crap that made you feel light and slim. Geez. 

Do you want some links?

9 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I mean if you were an an NFL player, wouldn't you want your stuff for your man cave or den? I just think it's weird teams would charge players for it. Is it just the cheapass Cards or do the Bills do the same?

Most likely. I know players buy their jerseys for a jersey swap.  Otherwise everyone would do it.  Can you imagine the cost if everyone just swapped jerseys?

I think the az cardinals are as  low budget as it gets. Just what are They going to do with used already shirts, even helmet. Are they too freakin cheap to not just count those as business expenses and keep it moving?

There's something wrong with this picture. Penny pinchin money grubbing baloney

PS: I know for a fact that Cody Ford is a father to a young son. I don't know who the female in this clip is. May be wifey? I dunno.

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Snappysnackcakes said:

I had to buy my shirt at Domino’s back in the day. I don’t miss those days…and I think Cody won’t miss his days of buying uniforms pretty soon, too. 

I think it’s BS.  You hire someone to a minimum wage job and make them buy their uniforms?  Same crap as the military and cops.

• Like (+1) 1

how the hell did we ever pump a 2nd into that guy?

he's SUCH a fatbody.  underwhelmed since he took the field.

kinda reminds me of this DE who came out of FSU late in the 1st round, a german kid.  when i saw him in preseason i was like "he had 10+ sacks in the ACC?".  not quite an adonis.

The USMC made all of us buy our entire initial issue of uniforms, only the first hair cut was on the house, and all subsequent replacement uniforms that were worn out over time came out of pocket, gotta admit, I was pissed off when I got my first paycheck and found it to be short by around eighty percent. 

Semper Fi, 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

seems kind of silly on the teams part....

lets take the helmet.....several models to pick from, sized exactly to fit cody......what, are they going to hang on to it, hoping another guy matches those specs. not to mention sanitary considerations.

lets take the jersey....a team gets many requests to donate for charity.....but for someone who's no longer on the team ?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.