RIP: Jeff Beck, 78

Gugny

Never got to see him live, I had tickets for a show once,that got postponed, but couldn't make the re-schedule.

Put simply, one of the best there has ever been.

Over the years, not only did he consistently make good records, but he did a lot of work for all sorts of people, including Stevie Wonder.

Basically, he could play just about anything, yet he did it in his own way.

R.I.P.

Edited by Buddo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Oh Jeff! We will miss you dearly. I enjoyed the Yard Birds and such, but the album that made me a life time fan was Truth.

Rod Stewart on vocals and Jeff with his guitar. I was a lifetime fan from then on. Went to his concert in Rochester back in '75.

God bless you Jeff. Thanks big time for all the great music you gave us. You will be missed.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Just found out right now.

Man, this one hurts.

If you haven't seen his concert from Ronnie Scott's in London, watch it!

I have the DVD and play it constantly.

Ahhh, yes ... with his smokeshow bassist, Tal Wilkenfeld !!  Great stuff.

• Like (+1) 2

So sad to hear about Jeff.  He was AMAZING. I saw him in 1980 on the "There and Back" tour with a young Simon Phillips on drums.. Great album btw.

The Ronnie Scotts show is great, but I really love this clip of him at the Rock 'n Roll HOF induction of Jimmy Page with Jimmy in the back on rhythm, Tal Wilkenfeld, and Vinnie Colaiutao n drums.

I also LOVE that most of his stuff is instrumental. Not all songs need a singer, especially if you can play like Jeff.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 4

The first concert I went to was, 

Jeff Beck, with John Mcgloughlin, and the Mahavishnu orchestra, at the Done arena in Henrietta New York, I was sixteen years old at the time, pretty awesome show.

• Like (+1) 3

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2023 at 5:58 PM, T&C said:

RIP... no more morning dew.

That was the album that made me a lifetime fan! Back in the day, that album was Given to me by a guy that was in the next room from me

in the barracks when I was in the Air Force. I was playing lots of Led Zepplin back in 1971 & he thought I'd like Beck's "Truth" album.

Boy, was he right.       I still play it from time to time.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.