Happy Six Years to Coach McDermott - Moment of Appreciation

BillsGuyOutWest

6 hours ago, boater said:

The gold standard of longevity and winning records is Mike Tomlin .636

Sean McDermott is only a couple years removed from the rebuild and has a .693

People wanting McD fired definitely went to school on the short bus.

Can you explain the short bus reference, please? 

14 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Completely revamped the entire organization from top to bottom.  One of the best rebuilds in all of sports.  If we get a Super Bowl or two will go down as one of the greatest rebuilds of all-time.  

It is a conversation.  Very, very grateful to have McD and what he has done for our team and fanbase! 

THANK YOU Coach!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, boater said:

It's a politically incorrect reference to the mentally challenged. I probably should have chosen other words.

I wouldn't call it politically incorrect as much as I'd call it insensitive.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillsfaninChicago said:

For fun here is an article from 2017 ranking the McDermott hire last even below Saint Dougaroonie.

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/ranking-nfl-coaching-hires-anthony-lynn-at-no-1-0ap3000000778807

Gregg Rosenthal's track record on Bills moves in the early years of the Bills current management is pretty bad.  Ironically he picked the best coaching hire of 2017 as the guy the Bills didn't want.  Never trust a guy named Gregg who spells his name with 3 Gs.  Here is his take on the Bills being losers when they drafted Josh: https://www.nfl.com/news/2018-nfl-draft-debrief-winners-and-losers-from-round-1-0ap3000000929261

Losers

Buffalo Bills: The Billstraded out of their No. 10 overall pick a year ago, passing on the chance to draft Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson in favor of amassing draft capital. This season, the Billsused significant draft capital to trade up for quarterback Josh Allen (moving from 12th overall to seventh). The kids would call that hustling backward, especially when Allen has an uphill climb just to surpass previous Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor's level of production.

Bills fans will point to this being the first draft for GM Brandon Beane, who was hired last May, but that only emphasizes how tricky it is to come up with a cohesive roster when the GM and coach are always in flux. Allen could prove his skeptics wrong, and his athleticism is unquestionable, but Josh Rosen has clearly displayed a more obvious NFL skill set. Allen is reminiscent of a souped-up version of another Bills first-round quarterback: J.P. Losman, a player with accuracy issues who was a star in the pre-draft season because of his measurables. Losman was taken 22nd overall in the 2004 NFL Draft and proceeded to compile a 10-23 record in Buffalo.

Give Beane some credit for his conviction in Allen and talented all-around linebacker Tremaine Edmunds (taken by the Bills at No. 16 overall), who should be a tackle machine in coach Sean McDermott's system. I hope I'm wrong about Allen, because a happy Bills fan base makes for a better NFL.

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Haha (+1) 2

Like him/them or not, McDermott and Beane have turned the Bills into a perennial contender, which is a light years turn around from the endless sh-t show the Bills were for nearly twenty years with miserable decisions made one after another to the point that sayings like; “I want the Bills to be my Pall bearers so they can let me down for the last time” and the like were common place, the majority of complaints about the team at present are 1st world whining for the most part. I for one want both McDermott and Beane to stick around for the foreseeable future, screw all y’all who disagree with me, 😂

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, boater said:

The gold standard of longevity and winning records is Mike Tomlin .636

Sean McDermott is only a couple years removed from the rebuild and has a .693

People wanting McD fired definitely went to school on the short bus.

I think McDermott is actually at .639 not .693

Josh's rookie year hurt a little bit... first two games were a mess with Peterman in the mix. Then Josh got hurt and missed a few weeks.

Despite all that, they were a Charles Clay dropped touchdown and a Sam Darnold lead-comeback away from being 8-8 lol

Edited by JGMcD2

8 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

It means your mentally defunct lol

4 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

It's *you're you window licker

And "DEFUNCT" means no longer existing.

That's not the word you're looking for.

Maybe "deficient."

Otherwise, your writing is spectacular!

• Haha (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I think McDermott is actually at .639 not .693

Josh's rookie year hurt a little bit... first two games were a mess with Peterman in the mix. Then Josh got hurt and missed a few weeks.

Despite all that, they were a Charles Clay dropped touchdown and a Sam Darnold lead-comeback away from being 8-8 lol

Yeah. You're right. I transposed the 3 and the 9.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.