Happy Six Years to Coach McDermott - Moment of Appreciation

BillsGuyOutWest

Saw it was his hiring anniversary today. Went back and found the original ESPN article from his hire:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18453441/buffalo-bills-agree-hire-sean-mcdermott-head-coach

Seeing where the team was back then, really makes you appreciate where we are now.

All you need to know is the article contains this line,  "Whomever McDermott hires as offensive coordinator must deal with the potential loss of quarterback Tyrod Taylor."

Think we figured it out.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

There have been many head coaches in my fan Hood. Many who of course failed at the job, too many to mention. Of the good head coaches I liked Chuck Knox and of course Marv Levy and I even liked Doug Marrone. But I have to admit Sean McDermott in my opinion has been the best head coach that hasn't won a championship, yet. He has proven to be an admirable leader of men, has a passion for the game and truly cares a great deal for his players as well demonstrated from the recent near tragedy of Damar Hamlin. I do believe he should be head coach of the year.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

I wish we had Schwartz back as DC.

I had to look him up to see where he was these days! He’s an assistant defensive coach with the Titans, and I was surprised to see the Bills had one more sack in one fewer game that the Titans. Pressure was his calling card, so that kind of surprised me. He was the opposite of what we have now which feels bland and can be frustrating, but it works. 

P.S. - I don’t blame him for not wanting to work for Rex. That’s a sign of intelligence right there! 

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Six years and not even one trip to the Super Bowl?

Time to start over, don’t you think???  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.