Do you think CBS will pull Romo and Nantz off Bills-Fins?

Dan Darragh

7 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I thought he did quite well. I enjoy listening to wgr radio call the game.

Agree. I thought Brown was surprisingly good.at play by play.  My expectations were low but if you told me he was the Bills regular radio guy  I’d have believed it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

I just found the thread hilarious. The front page is just full of different versions of the same answer over and over. 

We’re all confused because all the TBD neurosurgeons said no way Hyde would be back this season. I feel so used. 

• Haha (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

How has Chris Brown been with calling the game?  His calls of the two kickoff returns that WGR replayed this week are great. Wonder if that holds up over the course of a game. Thinking about tuning him in this week. 

It’s too bad NFL+ doesn’t allow replays of the radio broadcasts anymore. Would like to know if they are out there anywhere. 

Chris Brown in Bills - Patriots game was best play by play man in years.  He actually got names right.  Watched game on NFL Network since I did not get to watch game live just listen to it and was disappointed.

Replay might be available on Audacy.

18 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Agree. I thought Brown was surprisingly good.at play by play.  My expectations were low but if you told me he was the Bills regular radio guy  I’d have believed it. 

He did work in broadcasting before signed by Bills.

• Thank you (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

I have a feeling that Fitzmagic will be doing color before long, and will soon become the best color person on any network.  Guy just thinks at a different speed than most humans.

You have a thing for guys who look like they hibernate in winter?

I agree with your opinion however.

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I think Nantz really likes the Bills. He spoke how kind people were to him after his mom passed right before the Steelers game

Nantz and Romo are the top team on CBS and they’re well aware Buffalo is ratings gold for the foreseeable future. They have no choice but to cozy up to the Bills players and fan base just like they did with Brady and the Pats. It’s just good business.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Is Dennis Miller available?

Fitzpatrick is Dennis Miller with football experience and can be understandable to everyone.

Just now, Eastport bills said:

Nantz and Romo are the top team on CBS and they’re well aware Buffalo is ratings gold for the foreseeable future. They have no choice but to cozy up to the Bills players and fan base just like they did with Brady and the Pats. It’s just good business.

Does that mean Romo will be wrapping his tongue around Josh's football?

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Schlomo was entertaining his first two years or so but since then he's a cliche machine that exaggerates the crap out of everything. 

I have to agree that the shine has worn off Romo a bit. 

I don't love his style of announcing. A bit hyperactive and talkative for my taste.

The great ones know when to speak and when not to speak. Space can be more powerful than words. Let the viewers hear and feel the noise and atmosphere of the game itself from time to time. It doesn't always need to be "Aaawwwhhh Jeez Jim, I dunno if I love that decision there, do you? I mean it's...there's lots of ways you can go, but with the game where it is and the players playing like they are...I dunno, ahhh I dunnnoooow". 

Just STFU from time to time, my guy.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I'm pulling them. I can deal with nance but the ball washing romo does is not my cup of tea. I'll do as I have the last few games he called. I'll use my audacity app and listen to the play by play from wgr 550 sports radio.

Good for you, 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.