Hyde and Crowder practicing! 21-Day practice windows opened *UPDATE* Hyde out WC and Divisional

Process

What is the advantage of opening his practice window if there is no real chance he plays? Sure it's important for him to get some practice reps in as soon as he can which will help next year but I feel like any practice reps he takes away from guys like Marlowe, Madsen, etc are more detrimental to the team

Just now, stlbills13 said:

What is the advantage of opening his practice window if there is no real chance he plays? Sure it's important for him to get some practice reps in as soon as he can which will help next year but I feel like any practice reps he takes away from guys like Marlowe, Madsen, etc are more detrimental to the team

What is the disadvantage? Hyde practicing on scout team doesn’t change anything for the Bills.

3 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

They must feel there is a chance he plays

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I figured Buffalo fans would be experts on disc fusion after the Jack Eichel situation. Eichel was going to be out a minimum of 6 months. That’s what all the experts said that spoke about Eichel. Hyde had the exact same surgery Eichel didn’t want to have due to recovery time among other reasons.

Who is this, "Eichel", as you call him?

• Haha (+1) 1

There is plenty of practice time between the end of this year and the start of the next season.  The only reason to have him practice would be to bring him back at some point.  Unfortunately, we are closer to the three week mark, but they probably want to knock the rust off in practice and take some lumps there then throwing him into a playoff game.  Even with as much football as he had played, there is going to be some rust to work through. 

The feel for the game can take a few weeks. That would be where the concern is right now, if he's 100 percent physically. 

1 minute ago, Udubalum07 said:

There is plenty of practice time between the end of this year and the start of the next season.  The only reason to have him practice would be to bring him back at some point.  Unfortunately, we are closer to the three week mark, but they probably want to knock the rust off in practice and take some lumps there then throwing him into a playoff game.  Even with as much football as he had played, there is going to be some rust to work through. 

The feel for the game can take a few weeks. That would be where the concern is right now, if he's 100 percent physically. 

If he takes the non contact jersey off at some point it's about to be on.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Udubalum07 said:

His doctor hasn’t cleared him yet. Hyde could just want to practice with the team. 

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

They worked White, Brown, and Bease in slow, no reason to think they wouldn’t do the same with Hyde. I wasn’t expecting him prior to any of the championship games.

if Hyde doesn't play next week, Burrow is going for 400. 

If we can't disguise coverages, top QB's are going to shred this secondary 

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

That really sucks.  We need Hyde against the Bengals.  

Go Ravens I guess

Please, Virgil.  Just like "we needed White" against KC in the playoffs last year and that still wor...Oh ****.

Yeah, I am officially queasy over this.  

A crap load of points are needed from our O next week.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Is this true?  I haven't read that anywhere and it doesn't make sense that he's practicing if he's not cleared by his doc.

He's had the red non-contract jersey on for this weeks practice. 

In his interview he said the trainer has been pushing him in the weight room, and he stays afterwards to do 100-lunges. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.