Hyde and Crowder practicing! 21-Day practice windows opened *UPDATE* Hyde out WC and Divisional

Process

8 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

Real men have feelings! We are strong and independent! 

Feelings, nothing more than feelings, feelings of ❤️ 💕 💗 love…,  

😂🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

If he truly has no chance of being cleared, I'd be disappointed that he was activated and taking practice reps from the guys that clearly need the reps. 

Not saying he's for sure playing but activating him as a feel good moment seems like a bad decision considering the time of season and lack of experience in the secondary

There is no way that the doctor and team cleared him to practice just to raise his spirits.  That's just not how it works.    You already know that Micah Hyde and the doctors are in constant contact, Micah said as much that he can call him anytime and that the doctor will pick up the phone.   You know that Micah and his doctor have had discussions if he is "healed" as he said and that if there is any additional permanent risk to his neck, you know they've discussed the chances of him being able to suit up and play, what hurdles does he need to pass and what sort of setbacks would he have to avoid?

These same discussions have taken place with the doctors and the team as well.  They wouldn't just let him practice just for Micah's mental well being, if there is any possibility that he could suit up before the Superbowl is the only circumstance that they would allow him to practice.

Since we aren't in those conversations we don't know what sort of hurdles he has to pass and setbacks he has to avoid, but my hunch is that as upbeat as Micah sounds just judging him off his demeanor, I think there is a real chance he plays unless he has one of those setbacks.   Hopefully, assuming we win this Miami game he is not ruled out during the week next week for the Bengals/Ravens show down.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Tre was coming off a torn ACL.  Different injuries.  Different rehab processes/timelines (both mentally and physically).  We'll see if Hyde returns but I wouldn't compare the two injuries unless you're a medical expert.

I am in fact and have also had the same injury he had, so I'm quite familiar with the recovery timetable and what he experienced.

I'm sure his rehab was much more aggressive than what I went through, and every person is different but being back to some semblance of normal is one thing and being able to play a sport like football is something completely different.

Do I think he can do it? Absolutely.  But as he said in his presser yesterday, it's not up to him.  The team trainers and doctors will make the right call if they feel he's ready to go.  We aren't Miami. 😄

Edited by Billz4ever

41 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

I am in fact and have also had the same injury he had, so I'm quite familiar with the recovery timetable and what he experienced.

I'm sure his rehab was much more aggressive than what I went through, and every person is different but being back to some semblance of normal is one thing and being able to play a sport like football is something completely different.

Do I think he can do it? Absolutely.  But as he said in his presser yesterday, it's not up to him.  The team trainers and doctors will make the right call if they feel he's ready to go.  We aren't Miami. 😄

The thing about Micah Hyde is I think his greatest talent is how cerebral he is about the game being in the right place at the right time that didn’t go away with the neck injury

If they are letting him practice, the neck is healed. My concern is the lack of practice time and ramping him up for a playoff game. We are talking about a very short amount of time here.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

The thing about Micah Hyde is I think his greatest talent is how cerebral he is about the game being in the right place at the right time that didn’t go away with the neck injury

If they are letting him practice, the neck is healed. My concern is the lack of practice time and ramping him up for a playoff game. We are talking about a very short amount of time here.

One of the biggest challenges coming back from any injury where you've missed significant time is getting used to the speed of the game again, especially at the NFL level. That usually takes a minute, but if there's anyone that can do it quickly, I think it's Hyde.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I think with 2 weeks of practice he will be up to speed and ready if the Dr's given him the okay. 

Getting Poyer with Hyde enables us to go back to seamlessly disguising and adjusting coverage against these cerebral qbs. If we get 80% Hyde I think this move could be almost as big for the Bills as getting Von back. 

Edited by Pabstblueribbon
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Magox said:

There is no way that the doctor and team cleared him to practice just to raise his spirits.  That's just not how it works.    You already know that Micah Hyde and the doctors are in constant contact, Micah said as much that he can call him anytime and that the doctor will pick up the phone.   You know that Micah and his doctor have had discussions if he is "healed" as he said and that if there is any additional permanent risk to his neck, you know they've discussed the chances of him being able to suit up and play, what hurdles does he need to pass and what sort of setbacks would he have to avoid?

These same discussions have taken place with the doctors and the team as well.  They wouldn't just let him practice just for Micah's mental well being, if there is any possibility that he could suit up before the Superbowl is the only circumstance that they would allow him to practice.

Since we aren't in those conversations we don't know what sort of hurdles he has to pass and setbacks he has to avoid, but my hunch is that as upbeat as Micah sounds just judging him off his demeanor, I think there is a real chance he plays unless he has one of those setbacks.   Hopefully, assuming we win this Miami game he is not ruled out during the week next week for the Bengals/Ravens show down.

If we win and play Cincy next week, Hyde is needed on the field badly. 

• Agree 4

10 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

If we win and play Cincy next week, Hyde is needed on the field badly. 

Agreed and after listening to his presser yesterday, I think he comes back that game. Seems like he asked to meet with his doctor to see if he could give it a go as we entered the playoffs and his doctor said okay as long they cautiously monitor it and stay in constant communication. 

49 minutes ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

I think with 2 weeks of practice he will be up to speed and ready if the Dr's given him the okay. 

Getting Poyer with Hyde enables us to go back to seamlessly disguising and adjusting coverage against these cerebral qbs. If we get 80% Hyde I think this move could be almost as big for the Bills as getting Von back. 

Been a crazy season. Wouldn't surprise me if we get Von back too. Go Bills!!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.