Tua ruled out vs Buffalo, Skylar Thompson expected to start

Process

For all y'all out there talking about how we have a bye now, I'd suggest you go back and watch the film from the last time we played the phish and take a real good look at the physical ass-kicking that this Bills team took up front on both sides of the LOS.

The Bills are a better team and should win this game but if they walk in there thinking like some folks here are thinking, they could find themselves playing from behind at any point in that kind of phone booth brawl.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Nobody is afraid of Skylar but hopefully Leslie and the D leave no stone unturned here and take the game more seriously than some fans.

afterall, this is the same unit that gave up 34 completions, 65%, 327 yards in Kenny Pickett’s first start…and outright lost to Zach Wilson which is an embarrassment based on his other games this season.

We beat the Steelers 38-3 ... They were so far behind they had to throw the ball every play. Plus we probably went into the same passive defense they were in vs MVP McCorkle and the patriots.

1 minute ago, dakrider said:

Also doesn't sound like Lamar will play Sunday either.  So both Bills and Bengals will (likely) go from facing two teams with poor QB's to facing each other against a top QB a week later. 

Don't see a different outcome between the Ravens and Bengals than what we just watched last week. Not sure what's going on with Lamar.  We may never see him in a Ravens uni again.

1 minute ago, Simon said:

For all y'all out there talking about how we have a bye now, I'd suggest you go back and watch the film from the last time we played the phish and take a real good look at the physical ass-kicking that this Bills team took up front on both sides of the LOS.

The Bills are a better team and should win this game but if they walk in there thinking like some folks here are thinking, they could find themselves playing from behind at any point in that kind of phone booth brawl.

Yep. And we also made Zack Wilson look like Drew brees, so there’s that as well.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Warcodered said:

Yeah it isn't just a one sided protect the player situation, Tua definitely has a side to this of wanting to be out there for what is a very limited opportunity to try and make his dream a reality. Just a tough situation all around.

Miami is really hosed now.

Devoid of draft capital, no viable long term QB, tight on salary cap.  Imagine re-upping Tua after his rookie contract is up, good luck with that.

1 minute ago, Simon said:

Skylar Thompson is a rookie QB who hasn't been able to move the ball against either NE or the Jets. You can also bet that McDermott and Frazier will have the kid's head spinning. They won't be able to move the ball on us really either. I'd be shocked if they put up more than 14-17 points. Miami's defense hasn't really been able to stop us at any point in either game. We stopped ourselves with various miscues. We'll put up 30+ and they'll put up something in the teens. It's not a Bye week per say, but the outlook totally changed from a slugfest between two high-powered offenses to heavily leaning the Bills' way. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Miami will clearly do whatever they can at this point to keep the Bills offense off the field. Lots of runs, screens, jet sweeps, etc. For them, a 6 minute drive that even ended in 0 points is going to be a win on Sunday. They have to hope this is like a 17-10 game in the 4th quarter. If they fall behind by 14+ early, this game could turn into an all-time rout

3 minutes ago, Process said:

I have watched exactly 0 seconds of Thompson playing football, college or NFL. Is he really that awful? Is he not capable of just chucking balls up to hill and waddle and letting them do their thing?

He is not as bad as people are making him out to be.  Actually I think he is a better runner than Tua.  He will never win in an old fashioned shoot out as J Allen can do when he is on but is serviceable.  Except to see Miami doing a lot of running.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

At some point you have to stop being worried of everything. We were favored to win with a healthy Tua. If we can’t stop the run when we know the run is coming with a 3rd sting QB we have no place contending for the Super Bowl. 

Its just discussion. Have to talk about something. The Bills definitely should and I think will win this game. The point is MIA is still a good team. If they get the running game going they can keep it close. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, CoffeeDrip said:

McDaniels says Bridgewater can’t afford any setbacks in his progress with his broken pinky so they’re planning for Skylar to start. For those asking about him.

Setbacks? 

I understand a QB with a broken finger on their throwing hand not being able to play. That is super easy. 

But setbacks? There are no more games if you don't win and a broken finger is a reasonable injury to "come back" from in the offseason. 

9 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Miami is really hosed now.

Devoid of draft capital, no viable long term QB, tight on salary cap.  Imagine re-upping Tua after his rookie contract is up, good luck with that.

But they're getting Brady and Harbaugh next year!

Send $9.95 a month to subscribe to these and other untold 'insider info'! 😁 

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Mango said:

Setbacks? 

I understand a QB with a broken finger on their throwing hand not being able to play. That is super easy. 

But setbacks? There are no more games if you don't win and a broken finger is a reasonable injury to "come back" from in the offseason. 

I have a weird feeling they’re trying hard to get  bridgewater ready to start and they’re pulling a fast one lol the language has been ‘the dolphins are preparing like Thompson will start’…I don’t think bridgewater has been ruled out though 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.