Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

Mods can we please combine the Hopkins was released post into this one. Not because of relevance but due to the fact it adds 10 pages of Hopkins speculation. 

Also, please get him Beane. Our offense would be ridiculous! 

Edited by dje85

I never took the DHop flirtation seriously.  Between the need to give up a pick, and the cost of his contract (versus our cap resources), it just seemed like a fantasy.

But then DHop listed Josh first among QBs he wants to play for.  And then he got released and became a FA able to choose his next team.  Cost remains problematic but I'm starting to think this might, maybe, possibly happen.  

I do like our current receiving corps more than last year's group.  But DHop certainly would add to the stress we could impose on enemy defenses.  

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

I never took the DHop flirtation seriously.  Between the need to give up a pick, and the cost of his contract (versus our cap resources), it just seemed like a fantasy.

But then DHop listed Josh first among QBs he wants to play for.  And then he got released and became a FA able to choose his next team.  Cost remains problematic but I'm starting to think this might, maybe, possibly happen.  

I do like our current receiving corps more than last year's group.  But DHop certainly would add to the stress we could impose on enemy defenses.  

It’s a real possibility. You can restructure or extend Dawkins and Hyde to free up like 11.4 and they can still restructure White. They still have some options left to free up more money

• Agree 1