Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

1 hour ago, JoeF said:

I have to agree with Gerald McCoy's analysis of the Bills post-season issues and that DHop may not be the key to a Lombardi. The post-season is the time elevate performance and focus.  Coaches, players, everyone. 

If you analyze the Bills post-season games - the Bills haven't played up to their potential even in the playoff games the Bills have won.

The team had a lot happen off the field last year.  The team had the disaster 13 seconds the year before.  Its time to evaluate how the Team prepares for playoff games both mentally and physically.  Its time to evaluate strategy for attacking opposing offenses and exploiting other teams defensive shortcomings.  Despite all the "Playoff Caliber" talk, the Bills haven't played "Playoff Caliber" football when they get there.

In the playoffs, Diggs has been essentially taken out of the game for large stretches by opposing defenses. 
Having another elite weapon opposite him would go a long way in my opinion.
& If Kincaid hits immediately..... that is a terrifying primary group of weapons

The comments in the video aren't wrong....but 10 points at home in the playoffs?  Yes, add more offense please. 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

The Bills need an upgrade or get better play from whoever they suit up on the right side of the OL or it won’t matter much who they bring in at WR.  JA was all kinds of banged up last season from mediocre pass protection that can not rollover to 2023.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, ChrisWatson#21 said:

The Bills need an upgrade or get better play from whoever they suit up on the right side of the OL or it won’t matter much who they bring in at WR.  JA was all kinds of banged up last season from mediocre pass protection that can not rollover to 2023.

This is why they pinpointed Connor McGovern as the best fit for their scheme and signed him. This is why they Drafted O'Cyrus Torrence. This is why they signed David Edwards.

They have faith in Spencer Brown. But I feel like in doing so much at Guard, they're hoping to utilize Ryan Bates more as insurance at all positions on the line, including OT - the position he started as in the NFL. If Brown is to falter, it wouldn't shock me to see Ryan Bates play at RT instead of turning to Quessenberry.

• Agree 1

On 5/22/2023 at 3:20 PM, Warriorspikes51 said:

https://lastwordonsports.com/nfl/2023/05/20/five-davante-adams-trade-destinations-for-all-pro-receiver/

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/05/20/could-the-raiders-decide-to-trade-davante-adams-after-june-1/

Adams is apparently upset with the Raiders front office saying he doesn't see eye to eye with them.  Carr and Waller both gone. QB position not upgraded

In a column on ProFootballTalk.com, Florio took some time to react to recent comments made by Adams in which the veteran wideout noted that he does not “see eye-to-eye” with the Raiders on their vision for the offense.

Florio touched on the possibility of the Raiders soon trading Adams. If the Raiders decide to trade him before June 1, they would then take on a dead cap hit of $31.4 million in the 2023 season. In the case that Las Vegas ships off the wideout after June 1, then they would hold a cap charge of $7.85 million in 2023.

Florio listed a few teams that could be a fit for Adams if Las Vegas opts to find a suitor for him before the 2023 season, including the New Orleans Saints.

“The question is whether that’s what the team chooses to do — and whether that’s the outcome Adams is trying to instigate,” Florio wrote. “… The Jets surely don’t have a spot for him, not with so many solid receivers on the roster. The Saints would be an intriguing option, allowing for another reunion with Derek Carr.

“Fascinating possibilities, as contenders go, include the Bills and Giants. Regardless, a trade is not an impossibility. The cap consequence is manageable, and the current cap charge is unavoidable.”

Florio added that if the Raiders elect to open the door to offers for Adams, they would then “need a significant haul” in such a trade due to a few reasons.

Adams has a manageable salary of $6.03 million in 2023; he already has received a $20 million roster bonus. If Adams’s agitation is enough to get the Raiders to move on, they could do so with a reasonable cap consequence this year, and a larger (but not crippling) one in 2024.

Thanks.  Time to start the Adams thread!!  We should land at least one! 

9 hours ago, JoeF said:

I have to agree with Gerald McCoy's analysis of the Bills post-season issues and that DHop may not be the key to a Lombardi. The post-season is the time elevate performance and focus.  Coaches, players, everyone. 

If you analyze the Bills post-season games - the Bills haven't played up to their potential even in the playoff games the Bills have won.

The team had a lot happen off the field last year.  The team had the disaster 13 seconds the year before.  Its time to evaluate how the Team prepares for playoff games both mentally and physically.  Its time to evaluate strategy for attacking opposing offenses and exploiting other teams defensive shortcomings.  Despite all the "Playoff Caliber" talk, the Bills haven't played "Playoff Caliber" football when they get there.

Agree with this. With that said, how much of the issue is coaching, game planning, schemes, play calling, and game time adjustments?

4 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

This is why they pinpointed Connor McGovern as the best fit for their scheme and signed him. This is why they Drafted O'Cyrus Torrence. This is why they signed David Edwards.

They have faith in Spencer Brown. But I feel like in doing so much at Guard, they're hoping to utilize Ryan Bates more as insurance at all positions on the line, including OT - the position he started as in the NFL. If Brown is to falter, it wouldn't shock me to see Ryan Bates play at RT instead of turning to Quessenberry.

Bates at RT isn't a great solution if Brown sucks again. The RT position will likely be a pretty big weakness this season. I think Beane has really failed to address this issue. 

No way do I feel confident or comfortable in Brown. Of course, he has legitimate excuses and is capable of stepping it up. The opposite is also a likely outcome too. 

22 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Bates at RT isn't a great solution if Brown sucks again. The RT position will likely be a pretty big weakness this season. I think Beane has really failed to address this issue. 

No way do I feel confident or comfortable in Brown. Of course, he has legitimate excuses and is capable of stepping it up. The opposite is also a likely outcome too. 

Can only do so much when any vet they would try to lowball likely knows Spencer Brown would be given every chance to win the starting spot over them. 

They went heavy on addressing the IOL, which along with Dawkins, should give Josh average / above average pass pro from 4 out of 5 positions on the OL.  

If Brown steps up… this could be a top tier OL.   If not, at least Josh sees the pressure coming and can shift protection over to help Brown. 

Edited by SCBills

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Can only do so much when any vet they would try to lowball likely knows Spencer Brown would be given every chance to win the starting spot over them. 

They went heavy on addressing the IOL, which along with Dawkins, should give Josh average / above average pass pro from 4 out of 5 positions on the OL.  

If Brown steps up… this could be a top tier OL.   If not, at least Josh sees the pressure coming and can shift protection over to help Brown. 

I'd be fine with a quality vet taking the lead while Brown develops. If Brown wins the job even better. 

The Bills are in win the Super Bowl mode. Agree? Imho, you shouldn't have a major question mark at RT which is arguably the most important position on the line. 

I don't buy your explanation with respect. Beane knows more than me but the glaring question mark is RT. I don't agree that he seemingly has gone all in with a young inexperienced and often injuried Brown. Huge risk in my eyes...

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Agree with this. With that said, how much of the issue is coaching, game planning, schemes, play calling, and game time adjustments?

All the more reason you need matchup winners outside, you need to compensate for the lack of creativity and give Josh targets to throw to. Foolproof it, Dorsey-proof it.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I'd be fine with a quality vet taking the lead while Brown develops. If Brown wins the job even better. 

The Bills are in win the Super Bowl mode. Agree? Imho, you shouldn't have a major question mark at RT which is arguably the most important position on the line. 

I don't buy your explanation with respect. Beane knows more than me but the glaring question mark is RT. I don't agree that he seemingly has gone all in with a young inexperienced and often injuried Brown. Huge risk in my eyes...

I would actually like to hear that argument. Why could it be argued that the RT is more important then the LT position which covers a QBs backside? Or a C that not only handles the ball but more times than not makes the calls on blocking? I could even argue that either G spot is more important just by showing all the footage from quick pressure in Allen's face right at the snap and lack of push inside on running plays. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I would actually like to hear that argument. Why could it be argued that the RT is more important then the LT position which covers a QBs backside? Or a C that not only handles the ball but more times than not makes the calls on blocking? I could even argue that either G spot is more important just by showing all the footage from quick pressure in Allen's face right at the snap and lack of push inside on running plays. 

I agree with LT being likely being more vital to the line. I stand corrected as I over exgerrated my point. 

Thanks for correcting me. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I agree with LT being likely being more vital to the line. I stand corrected as I over exgerrated my point. 

Thanks for correcting me. 

Oh I wasn't trying to correct anything. If an argument could be made I just would have liked to hear it for the sake of seeing other perspective on OL positions. I always say every opportunity is a learning opportunity...and that I includes opinions I may not share initially. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Like Rappaport says in this, Hopkins is talking out of both sides of his mouth.

On one hand he talks about Arizona as if he's happy and doesn't want to go anywhere. On the other, he's listing QB's he'd like to play with.

Everyone's focusing on the bit he said about Josh. But if you watch the whole interview, he doesn't seem to be pushing his way out and talks glowingly about Murray. Not to mention other QB's besides Josh.

Nothing has changed. Arizona isn't looking to move him. He's not forcing his way out. And we don't have the money to do it, nor is Beane comfortable with doing the cap finessing of adding dead years to his deal if we could.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1