Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

It always cracks me up when Hopkins says something about us and everyone freaks out and says "we're back in it!".

As someone said earlier, we know he'd like to play with Josh. This isn't news. But we still don't have the money to make it happen. This doesn't make the Cardinals change their stance about wanting to keep him.

The only thing this does is get fans excited. Hopkins talking publicly won't change Beane's stance.

Unless the Cardinals throw in the towel, agree to trade him for peanuts and pick up a bunch of his contract, or Hopkins is released and willing to take SUBSTANTIALLY less to play with us - nothing has changed.

11 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

It is possible they could cut him Post June 1st. Believe they can save up to 20 million against the cap and split his dead money charge over 2 years. So not totally out of the question he could be a FA next month despite what their GM said.

Is it possible? Yes. But Beane spreading out cap hits, years beyond his contract ending is not something Beane does or is comfortable with. If it was, he'd have probably done it already.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Oh my...this is like one of those PPP threads that never die

I assumed this was sarcastic, but then someone hit the agree button.  So is this Adams comment a joke or is there something I missed?   

just a rumor.

He has spoken out making mgmt look foolish, he is getting paid a lot but the cap hit might not be bad, so some have speculated he could be on the move post 6/1

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

It always cracks me up when Hopkins says something about us and everyone freaks out and says "we're back in it!".

As someone said earlier, we know he'd like to play with Josh. This isn't news. But we still don't have the money to make it happen. This doesn't make the Cardinals change their stance about wanting to keep him.

The only thing this does is get fans excited. Hopkins talking publicly won't change Beane's stance.

Unless the Cardinals throw in the towel, agree to trade him for peanuts and pick up a bunch of his contract, or Hopkins is released and willing to take SUBSTANTIALLY less to play with us - nothing has changed.

Is it possible? Yes. But Beane spreading out cap hits, years beyond his contract ending is not something Beane does or is comfortable with. If it was, he'd have probably done it already.

The thing is... nobody who he'd want to go to has money.  It's not like we're poor and everyone else (Chiefs, Jets, Ravens etc.,) have all this cap. 

He's clearly on the outs - Yet everywhere he wants to go is cap strapped... 

Something's gotta give. 

• Like (+1) 1

Hopkins is picking up pre-draft:

- He wants out of Arizona and want to play for a content 

- Arizona wants a significant asset

- Contenders don’t want to pay Hopkins at his current salary and/or trade a significant asset

The way I see it Arizona has three options:

- Swallow their pride and just cut him for a better cap situation

- Hang onto an unhappy player and hope you can trade him in-season (even though it makes it harder)

- Keep ab unhappy Hopkins on the roster all season long 

2 hours ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

You boys been doin a little boozin'? 

2 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Sipping back on grandpas old cough medicine?  Cmon, Gimme that booze ya little pumpkin pie hair cutted freak!

Tic-Tac…sir? 

1 hour ago, Prospector said:

You'd keep your mouth shut if you knew what was good for you, you pumpkin pie hair-cutted freak

when he does that headtick...priceless

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Hopkins is picking up pre-draft:

- He wants out of Arizona and want to play for a content 

- Arizona wants a significant asset

- Contenders don’t want to pay Hopkins at his current salary and/or trade a significant asset

The way I see it Arizona has three options:

- Swallow their pride and just cut him for a better cap situation

- Hang onto an unhappy player and hope you can trade him in-season (even though it makes it harder)

- Keep ab unhappy Hopkins on the roster all season long 

They may as well keep him then…

24 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Trade deadline 

Doubtful with the cap maneuvering required. Any deal to add him is far more likely in the offseason with the ability to restructure this years deals. 

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He’s training in Toronto.

This is like "Fans making something out of Hopkins being in Toronto Part III or IV" in this thread. Guy spends a lot of time there. Probably even has a place up there.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Thank you (+1) 1

"I'm trying to play as long as I can so I did my research and studied some of the best people that work on the human body, and Toronto has some of the best people, so I'm up here right now, getting the body examined to where I can go out and perform my best," he said.

I want him too, but this is why he's in Toronto 

• Thank you (+1) 1