Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

1 minute ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Whoever is cheaper between DHOP and adams is good with me 

I can only imagine the outrage from raiders fans if they sent Adams:

A. To a conference teams

B. One they play against this year.

Edited by The Wiz

Oh my...this is like one of those PPP threads that never die

58 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

Davante Adams called.

How we havent started his thread yet is DISSAPOINTING

I assumed this was sarcastic, but then someone hit the agree button.  So is this Adams comment a joke or is there something I missed?   

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I assumed this was sarcastic, but then someone hit the agree button.  So is this Adams comment a joke or is there something I missed?   

https://lastwordonsports.com/nfl/2023/05/20/five-davante-adams-trade-destinations-for-all-pro-receiver/

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/05/20/could-the-raiders-decide-to-trade-davante-adams-after-june-1/

Adams is apparently upset with the Raiders front office saying he doesn't see eye to eye with them.  Carr and Waller both gone. QB position not upgraded

In a column on ProFootballTalk.com, Florio took some time to react to recent comments made by Adams in which the veteran wideout noted that he does not “see eye-to-eye” with the Raiders on their vision for the offense.

Florio touched on the possibility of the Raiders soon trading Adams. If the Raiders decide to trade him before June 1, they would then take on a dead cap hit of $31.4 million in the 2023 season. In the case that Las Vegas ships off the wideout after June 1, then they would hold a cap charge of $7.85 million in 2023.

Florio listed a few teams that could be a fit for Adams if Las Vegas opts to find a suitor for him before the 2023 season, including the New Orleans Saints.

“The question is whether that’s what the team chooses to do — and whether that’s the outcome Adams is trying to instigate,” Florio wrote. “… The Jets surely don’t have a spot for him, not with so many solid receivers on the roster. The Saints would be an intriguing option, allowing for another reunion with Derek Carr.

“Fascinating possibilities, as contenders go, include the Bills and Giants. Regardless, a trade is not an impossibility. The cap consequence is manageable, and the current cap charge is unavoidable.”

Florio added that if the Raiders elect to open the door to offers for Adams, they would then “need a significant haul” in such a trade due to a few reasons.

Adams has a manageable salary of $6.03 million in 2023; he already has received a $20 million roster bonus. If Adams’s agitation is enough to get the Raiders to move on, they could do so with a reasonable cap consequence this year, and a larger (but not crippling) one in 2024.

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Adams made a comment about the Raiders offensive game plan that basically "he doesn't like it" so there is speculation he could be traded.  That's all really.

The fact they got rid of Carr probably rubbed him the wrong way also since they played in college together and was one of the reasons he came to LV.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

You boys been doin a little boozin'? 

Sipping back on grandpas old cough medicine?  Cmon, Gimme that booze ya little pumpkin pie hair cutted freak!

Tic-Tac…sir? 

Edited by TheWeatherMan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

It's established at this point that Hopkins wants to play here. From Beane's public comments I suspect that he would love to have him here too. The issue is we can't afford it unless Arizona agrees to retain most of the salary. I'm hoping that as we approach the trade deadline both sides can figure something out. Jerry Jeudy is another trade deadline candidate to keep an eye on if Denver's season goes downhill quickly like I expect.

It is possible they could cut him Post June 1st. Believe they can save up to 20 million against the cap and split his dead money charge over 2 years. So not totally out of the question he could be a FA next month despite what their GM said.

Edited by billieve420