Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

This trade neve made sense.  They gonna take away 75+ targets from Diggs and he's good with that??

Come on...

Diggs already loses targets to other players on the team anyway lol. What's the difference? He will get his catches, trust me

19 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

This trade neve made sense.  They gonna take away 75+ targets from Diggs and he's good with that??

Come on...

I mean if Diggs is more worried about catches then Hopkins coming in and helping us possibly win a superbowl then we have major issues on this team. 

21 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Come on...

A rising tide lifts all boats

He wants to win a super bowl more than being the WR with the most targets, yards, reception, etc.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Diggs already loses targets to other players on the team anyway lol. What's the difference? He will get his catches, trust me

He doesn't historically do well with another cutting into his targets...

5 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

I mean if Diggs is more worried about catches then Hopkins coming in and helping us possibly win a superbowl then we have major issues on this team. 

4 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

A rising tide lifts all boats

He wants to win a super bowl more than being the WR with the most targets, yards, reception, etc.

He couldn't even handle a guy like Theilen getting a large share of targets from Cousins.

You haven't been paying attention.  When he doesn't get the looks, he barks at his QB.

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

He couldn't even handle a guy like Theilen getting a large share of targets from Cousins.

You haven't been paying attention.  When he doesn't get the looks, he barks at his QB.

So you're saying it's F the surperbowl and let me get mine? I don't believe that to be the case at this point in Stephs career. He is a fierce comptetior no doubt and like all great recivers believes he is open every play. But if he is against adding a player like D-Hop on this team to try and help us get to the top, then like I said we have major issues on this team. 

16 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You mean the time that the news plastered him all over for yelling because the WHOLE team was playing like *****?

Jeez, I wonder why he was upset.  Must have been his targets. 🙄

Edited by The Wiz

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

AZ could have the #1 & #2 picks next year because HOU is insane.

I don’t know why they signed Kyler Murray to a big contract

That's wild, certainly possible.  Afc south is going to be unpredictable/highly volatile though (outside of JAX)...I'd put HOU as a bottom 6 team overall for sure.  Demeco has been around plenty of elite pass rushers, so he knows what he's looking for, and if Anderson becomes the next Bosa...then that's a fair deal for Hou.

Btw, I know you saw Beanes post draft presser.  His final response to Mookies question, re: if Bills looking to add vet playmakers for Josh.  I think that was a playful way of shutting down any remaining Dhop gossip, but that's just me.  Beane is probably getting annoyed at this point with being asked and having to continually respond that they're cash strapped (and likely using any remaining $$$s on vet dline)

2 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Btw, I know you saw Beanes post draft presser.  His final response to Mookies question, re: if Bills looking to add vet playmakers for Josh.  I think that was a playful way of shutting down any remaining Dhop gossip, but that's just me.  Beane is probably getting annoyed at this point with being asked and having to continually respond that they're cash strapped (and likely using any remaining $$$s on vet dline)

With the addition of Dalton Kincaid, a TE in name only, in conjunction with Harty, Sherfield, and Shorter - I get the feeling he's feeling pretty good about his pass catchers.

I understand, to an extent, the idea that GM's are always lying. But Beane doesn't usually just flat out say he's not in on something that he is. He'd say something like "we're always looking at improving, but it has to be the right price" or something like that. He's time and again said it's not happening and he's not in.

People like to point to him saying that "we probably aren't going to be big players in Free Agency" and then signing Von Miler and him saying that he's "more likely to trade down than trade up" and then trading up as proof that you can't believe him. But those were vague statements. They weren't him saying "i'm not trading for (insert players name here)".

Combined with the Cardinals GM flat out saying "DeAndre's a Cardinal and we're moving on", his not being moved this weekend, their ridiculous asking price, and their cap situation being good even with his contract - I get the feeling the Cards were never interested in moving him in the first place. Unless it was an offer they simply couldn't refuse. Which we were never going to do.

Long story short, this one's over. Hopkins is not coming this season.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

With the addition of Dalton Kincaid, a TE in name only, in conjunction with Harty, Sherfield, and Shorter - I get the feeling he's feeling pretty good about his pass catchers.

I understand, to an extent, the idea that GM's are always lying. But Beane doesn't usually just flat out say he's not in on something that he is. He'd say something like "we're always looking at improving, but it has to be the right price" or something like that. He's time and again said it's not happening and he's not in.

Combined with the Cardinals GM flat out saying "DeAndre's a Cardinal and we're moving on", his not being moved this weekend, their ridiculous asking price, and their cap situation being good even with his contract - I get the feeling the Cards were never interested in moving him in the first place. Unless it was an offer they simply couldn't refuse. Which we were never going to do.

Long story short, this one's over. Hopkins is not coming this season.

Hopkins wants out.  He’s not going to make it easy on them.  

Maybe he doesn’t come here, but Arizona knows he won’t be a good soldier on a team with zero intentions of being a contender for anything this year. 

• Eyeroll 1

33 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Hopkins wants out.  He’s not going to make it easy on them.  

Maybe he doesn’t come here, but Arizona knows he won’t be a good soldier on a team with zero intentions of being a contender for anything this year. 

I mean, maybe. Or maybe he was just seeing the rumors and hoping he'd go to a winning team and now that the GM has made it clear it's not going to happen, he's fine getting the full amount of his massive contract.

It's one thing to go along with rumors and embrace them. It's another to become a public malcontent, hold out, and try and force yourself off the team. That may not be in his DNA.

Edited by BillsFanForever19