Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

9 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Did you not watch the 2nd half of the season and Bengal game….where Diggs was neutralized by opposing defenses because no one else on the field scared them at all

10 points at home in the Divisional is a joke

You don't think teams doubled Diggs, prior to Cincy game?  Cincy didn't double him all game either.  

I saw weakness areas, Cincy game and all season:

1. Slot/underneath reliable target

2. OG play

3. DT play, Cincy game only - footing and Daquan missing

4. Def playcalling - Cincy game mostly

Beane has addressed #1 and 2 above.  Clearly we have other potential areas of weakness (MLB) now, but think Coach calling defense is a huge upgrade.

Then you have all the cap $ issues, trying to get Dhop.

Hopkins is getting traded or cut .. Who knows when, but I’d be shocked if he’s on that roster to start the season.  It makes zero sense for what Arizona is trying to do, and Hopkins will not play nice. 

With the Bills, Chiefs and Ravens as the main rumored suitors, here’s where they stand at WR:

Bills (5) likely rosterable WR’s

Diggs

Davis

Shakir

Harty

Sherfield

Chiefs (6) likely rosterable WR’s

MVS

Toney

Skyy

Rice

Watson

James

Ravens (6) likely rosterable WR’s

OBJ

Bateman

Flowers

Agholar

Isabella

Thomas

On each team, the bottom roster guys are on one year, sub 2M contracts … Bills/Sherfield, Chiefs/James and Ravens with Isabella & Thomas. 

On 4/27/2023 at 3:31 PM, MasterStrategist said:

I specifically laid out how we help Josh:

1. Improve the OL

2. Improve slot WR

Just because we don't land Dhop, doesn't mean I'm not for putting more support around Josh...quite the opposite.  I just have a practical way to approach it. 

You're making this all or nothing, when the facts still stand that Dhop costs $19m this season and we are strapped against the cap.  On top of that, Beane has been hesitant to push any more cap hits into future years.  

@Buffalo03, i think Beane might have agreed

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

Hmmm, this aged really well!?

OR OR OR did I miss something

You didn't watch the draft?

He took a TE, an olineman and a LB. Notice he hasn't taken a WR yet. And every report has been Dhop will not be traded this weekend

8 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I mean, more power to him for still having faith. But Arizona's GM said yesterday that he "doesn't foresee" moving Hopkins and flat out said today "DeAndre's a Cardinal and we're moving forward".

I don't think they have any intention on moving him. Based on their reported asking price before the past couple days, which was completely unrealistic, I don't think they ever did.

Um, you may want to look at McKenzie's stats and Harty's - because that's just factually wrong.

Do you honestly think Dhop plays for the Cardinals this season? That isn't happening 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

He took a TE, an olineman and a LB. Notice he hasn't taken a WR yet. And every report has been Dhop will not be traded this weekend

Do you honestly think Dhop plays for the Cardinals this season? That isn't happening 

Kincaid is a TE/WR hybrid, he's basically a big slot.

and re:Dhop, I was responding to another poster, who told me we were trading for him Thursday night. 

Of course the narrative on Dhop will continue to change....smart money is on him being moved, but again that doesn't mean we are trading for him.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I mean, more power to him for still having faith. But Arizona's GM said yesterday that he "doesn't foresee" moving Hopkins and flat out said today "DeAndre's a Cardinal and we're moving forward".

I don't think they have any intention on moving him. Based on their reported asking price before the past couple days, which was completely unrealistic, I don't think they ever did.

Um, you may want to look at McKenzie's stats and Harty's - because that's just factually wrong.

grain of salt on comments. 

if you have an offer that is too low then “I’m walking away” is one way to try to move the needle. 

we won’t know the difference from here 

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

Kincaid is a TE/WR hybrid, he's basically a big slot.

and re:Dhop, I was responding to another poster, who told me we were trading for him Thursday night. 

Of course the narrative on Dhop will continue to change....smart money is on him being moved, but again that doesn't mean we are trading for him.

I'm not saying we will and yes, Kincaid is a Hybrid but if he goes down, who takes the attention off Diggs? If Diggs goes down, is Kincaid what we have to rely on? If they both go down, who's pur WR1? Dhop makes so much sense and the fact that we haven't taken a WR yet still gives a little light at least that this might happen. Ian Rapaport said last night, there are a lot of moving parts in a Hopkins deal. The cap figure has to basically come down before he gets moved and a couple other things but he's getting moved. It's just a matter of to who and when. Because of all the moving parts, it won't happen this weekend

9 hours ago, mrags said:

Anyone that thinks that Hardy and the other guy we got (can’t even remember his name) are a sure thing to make a difference is delusional. 

sure, they might be better than what we had last year. They might also be as useless as Crowder on IR all year or McKenzie dropping balls and staying in bounds with 3 seconds left in field goal range. 

Incredible in depth analysis of a guy whose name you didn’t bother to look up.

DHop would be a HUGE addition to the offense. I’d consider giving up our 3rd round 2024 pick as it  likely would almost be a 4th. I don’t think it will be that straightforward though. 100% agree he isn’t playing for AZ this year.

It’s not hard to expect Harty and Sheffield to have better numbers this year. Look at who they had throwing to them on their prior teams.

23 minutes ago, mrags said:

Make It Rain Crayon GIF by NineLineApparel

Since you’ve been relegated to hard to understand seemingly personal attacks I guess I should try to help you out by utilizing facts.

The Bills signed Harty to two years, 9+M.  The Colts signed McKenzie to 1 year, <1M.  Do you think these numbers are in any way a reflection of the overall marketplace for these two players or are the Bills just throwing money around while McKenzie is at the same time oblivious to his own value?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

DHop would be a HUGE addition to the offense. I’d consider giving up our 3rd round 2024 pick as it  likely would almost be a 4th. I don’t think it will be that straightforward though. 100% agree he isn’t playing for AZ this year.

It’s not hard to expect Harty and Sheffield to have better numbers this year. Look at who they had throwing to them on their prior teams.

No. Beane needs that one for our next undersized LB next year

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

9 hours ago, mrags said:

Harry- 36 receptions, 570 yards, 3tds

McKenzie- 42 receptions, 423 yards, 4TDs

sorry, he exceeded him on receptions and TDs and came up short in yards. I’ll take 2 out of 3. 

not to mention Hartys 2’d best year he had 20 receptions for 186 yards and 1 TD. Whole McKEnzie has had 4 seasons better than Hartys 2nd best season. Along with a 5td season. 

if you really want to argue that your wrong. He’s not better. You might hope he becomes better. But right now he’s just not. He’s been in the league 2 years and the stats I just put up are all of it. The other 2 years he accomplished almost zip. 

Also need to factor who is throwing the ball to those guys. Allen has given career years to number of WRs who have came here. In a pass heavy offense they will have chance to post better numbers than their previous teams.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Since you’ve been relegated to hard to understand seemingly personal attacks I guess I should try to help you out by utilizing facts.

The Bills signed Harty to two years, 9+M.  The Colts signed McKenzie to 1 year, <1M.  Do you think these numbers are in any way a reflection of the overall marketplace for these two players or are the Bills just throwing money around while McKenzie is at the same time oblivious to his own value?

You are bang on! Harty is far superior to McKenzie. Harty catches the ball whereas lil dummy dropped a lot of passes. Harty get's YAC whereas Lil Dummy was a whoosy. Harty had the Chiefs and Chargers offering contracts and he picked The Bills. He will be the starting slot receiver for us and I fully expect him to have a great season and contribute. He will also allow Cook and Harris to have better seasons as the opposing D will have to worry about his speed coming off the line. Add in Kincaid and look the F out!!!

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Well. Like I already stated. McKenzie has 2 seasons with more TDs than HARTY has in his career. He’s got 4 seasons that are statistically better than HARTY’s 2nd best season. HARTY’s best season has less receptions, and TDs than McKenzies best although he had a few more yards. He’s never finished a season without being injured. He’s missed 26 games in 4 seasons. 

again. If you want to believe he’s going to be more effective than McKenzie that’s fine. Obviously the Bills thought he would be. Which is why he’s on the team and McKenzke isn’t. And don’t get me wrong, I couldn’t stand McKenzie. They misused him and couldn’t find ways to utilize what he does best. But in no way is this kid any better than McKenzie at this point in his career. Time will tell. I’ll go with stats at this point. 

9 hours ago, mrags said:

Harry- 36 receptions, 570 yards, 3tds

McKenzie- 42 receptions, 423 yards, 4TDs

sorry, he exceeded him on receptions and TDs and came up short in yards. I’ll take 2 out of 3. 

not to mention Hartys 2’d best year he had 20 receptions for 186 yards and 1 TD. Whole McKEnzie has had 4 seasons better than Hartys 2nd best season. Along with a 5td season. 

if you really want to argue that your wrong. He’s not better. You might hope he becomes better. But right now he’s just not. He’s been in the league 2 years and the stats I just put up are all of it. The other 2 years he accomplished almost zip. 

Not sure what elementary school you formulated your hypothesis data from - but you are clearly wrong.

Also - add in drops please. 

Lil dummy had 8 dropped passes and was benched twice because of this in 2 seasons.

Harty - 0, yes thats 0 and not an o, zero dropped passes.

Thank you. You sir just got wrecked!

16 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Also need to factor who is throwing the ball to those guys. Allen has given career years to number of WRs who have came here. In a pass heavy offense they will have chance to post better numbers than their previous teams.

my arguments have been made. There’s no proof that this guy is any better or will be any better. There’s no statistical proof that he will ever amount to anything. 

1 minute ago, Dillenger4 said:

Not sure what elementary school you formulated your hypothesis data from - but you are clearly wrong.

Also - add in drops please. 

Lil dummy had 8 dropped passes and was benched twice because of this in 2 seasons.

Harty - 0, yes thats 0 and not an o, zero dropped passes.

Thank you. You sir just got wrecked!

Dude has statistically less receptions and TDs than McKenzie in his best season. 

wrecked 

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Well. Like I already stated. McKenzie has 2 seasons with more TDs than HARTY has in his career. He’s got 4 seasons that are statistically better than HARTY’s 2nd best season. HARTY’s best season has less receptions, and TDs than McKenzies best although he had a few more yards. He’s never finished a season without being injured. He’s missed 26 games in 4 seasons. 

again. If you want to believe he’s going to be more effective than McKenzie that’s fine. Obviously the Bills thought he would be. Which is why he’s on the team and McKenzke isn’t. And don’t get me wrong, I couldn’t stand McKenzie. They misused him and couldn’t find ways to utilize what he does best. But in no way is this kid any better than McKenzie at this point in his career. Time will tell. I’ll go with stats at this point. 

Misused him????!!?!?

Brrhahahahahahaha

They gave him EVERY opportunity with straigh routes, motion plays, hand offs etc etc. I mean really dude/dudette... what t F are you talking about??

When a player gets benched twice in two seasons thats a bad thing. Add in the drops.. OMG the dude was a waste. Harty is a PRO.

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

my arguments have been made. There’s no proof that this guy is any better or will be any better. There’s no statistical proof that he will ever amount to anything. 

Dude has statistically less receptions and TDs than McKenzie in his best season. 

wrecked 

Get a life:

McKenzie- 42 receptions on 58 attempts., 423 yards, 4TDs LOLLLLLLL

Harty had 38 receptions on 38 attemps, with 8 TD's. Where are you getting your sh&t from?? Just stop trolling dudette.