Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Did you not watch the 2nd half of the season and Bengal game….where Diggs was neutralized by opposing defenses because no one else on the field scared them at all

10 points at home in the Divisional is a joke

Again I ask with a twist...

did you not watch the Bills this season?

If you took that Bengals game as a vacuum game and came up with Deandre Hopkins as the one thing that would get us a Lombardi then you didn't watch that game.

By the way (since maybe you need this explanation), you shouldn't take that Bengals game as the definition of the 2022 Bills.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Teams are just going to double Diggs and he is going to get frustrated and blow up on the sidelines. This is going to be a trainwreck if they don't have another option

if we’re lucky, Kincaid could be another legit option…but it’s too risky to expect that. Especially with the staff’s penchant for holding rookies off the field

Hopkins

Evans

Ayiuk

Jeudy (Broncos took Mims)

Broncos current WRs

Jerry Jeudy
Courtland Sutton
Tim Patrick
Marvin Mims
Marquez Callaway
Kendall Hinton
K.J. Hamler
Jalen Virgil
Brandon Johnson
Montrell Washington
Lil'Jordan Humphrey

someone who hasn’t even been discussed? 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

3 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Teams are just going to double Diggs and he is going to get frustrated and blow up on the sidelines. This is going to be a trainwreck if they don't have another option

We probably have one of the top 7-8 pass-catching groups in the league at this point.  We added 2 very solid guys in FA, including some real speed.  We got the best TE in the draft, who can fill in the slot and we can run 2 TE sets with. We'll also have a real running game for the 1st time in years.

Not seeing the scenario you describe above.

1 minute ago, Success said:

We probably have one of the top 7-8 pass-catching groups in the league at this point.  We added 2 very solid guys in FA, including some real speed.  We got the best TE in the draft, who can fill in the slot and we can run 2 TE sets with. We'll also have a real running game for the 1st time in years.

And which of these guys is so good that they will draw the double team away from Diggs? The TE that gets open 5 yards down field? The backup WR's we signed in FA? We have Diggs and then just a bunch of guys unfortunately 

5 minutes ago, Success said:

the problem is that Davis has only been used to run 3-4 basic routes all game. Patrick Peterson openly explained that after we lost the Vikings game

14 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I don't think the opposition defensive gameplan would be any different with Hopkins.   They would probably still have the double on Diggs and put CB1 on Hopkins.   He's just a little more equipped to still catch those contested passes than the ham-handed Davis as WR2.    What it would open up is opportunities for either Davis as boundary WR2(WR3 overall) with Diggs in slot.........or Kincaid/Harty in the slot(with Davis on bench).  

Knox probably gets less attention than ever either way.    Hopefully Kincaid stays healthy and starts earning playing time and then this draft pick helps Knox take his game to another level.   His issue, IMO, is when he internalizes.   That's where the drops come from.  He's never had any outside competition.  Competition shifts the focus from within and frees up players minds from self-destructive internalizing.    It's a big reason why coaches want competition.   

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

if we’re lucky, Kincaid could be another legit option…but it’s too risky to expect that. Especially with the staff’s penchant for holding rookies off the field

Hopkins

Evans

Ayiuk

Jeudy (Broncos took Mims)

Broncos current WRs

Jerry Jeudy
Courtland Sutton
Tim Patrick
Marvin Mims
Marquez Callaway
Kendall Hinton
K.J. Hamler
Jalen Virgil
Brandon Johnson
Montrell Washington
Lil'Jordan Humphrey

someone who hasn’t even been discussed? 

They haven't held stud rookies off the field- Tre,Milano, Edmunds,Allen , Brown , Benford/Elam , Levi Wallace,  Oliver , Groot. 

One of the biggest myths on here. Some need some S&C and coaching coming in

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

the problem is that Davis has only been used to run 3-4 basic routes all game. Patrick Peterson openly explained that after we lost the Vikings game

Hardy will take alot of heat off Davis

I love the strategy too, one is a small burner and one is a big brawler. Makes it tough for the CB to lock in on one style because they're so different physically and play wise! 

27 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

The quality of the other pass catchers has gotten better this offseason. Diggs isn’t gonna get doubled anymore than already has been.

Anyone that thinks that Hardy and the other guy we got (can’t even remember his name) are a sure thing to make a difference is delusional. 

sure, they might be better than what we had last year. They might also be as useless as Crowder on IR all year or McKenzie dropping balls and staying in bounds with 3 seconds left in field goal range. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Just now, mrags said:

Anyone that thinks that Hardy and the other guy we got (can’t even remember his name) are a sure thing to make a difference is delusional. 

sure, they might be better than what we had last year. They might also be as useless as Crowder on IR all year or McKenzie dropping balls and staying in bounds with 3 seconds left in field goal range. 

Harty and Sherfield are upgrades from McKenzie and Crowder….if healthy.

Sherfield actually stole the WR3 job in Miami and is a solid player

Harty has shown elite analytics when given the chance/ if he can stay on the field

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Harty and Sherfield are upgrades from McKenzie and Crowder….if healthy.

Sherfield actually stole the WR3 job in Miami and is a solid player

Harty has shown elite analytics when given the chance/ if he can stay on the field

Their best years still aren’t as good as McKenzies. Just saying. Assuming they will be anything better than what we’ve had is not exactly a guarantee. 

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

I posted this in the draft thread when it was first tweeted, but here you go

I mean, more power to him for still having faith. But Arizona's GM said yesterday that he "doesn't foresee" moving Hopkins and flat out said today "DeAndre's a Cardinal and we're moving forward".

I don't think they have any intention on moving him. Based on their reported asking price before the past couple days, which was completely unrealistic, I don't think they ever did.

4 minutes ago, mrags said:

Their best years still aren’t as good as McKenzies. Just saying. Assuming they will be anything better than what we’ve had is not exactly a guarantee. 

Um, you may want to look at McKenzie's stats and Harty's - because that's just factually wrong.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

9 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I mean, more power to him for still having faith. But Arizona's GM said yesterday that he "doesn't foresee" moving Hopkins and flat out said today "DeAndre's a Cardinal and we're moving forward".

I don't think they have any intention on moving him. Based on their reported asking price before the past couple days, which was completely unrealistic, I don't think they ever did.

Um, you may want to look at McKenzie's stats and Harty's - because that's just factually wrong.

Harry- 36 receptions, 570 yards, 3tds

McKenzie- 42 receptions, 423 yards, 4TDs

sorry, he exceeded him on receptions and TDs and came up short in yards. I’ll take 2 out of 3. 

not to mention Hartys 2’d best year he had 20 receptions for 186 yards and 1 TD. Whole McKEnzie has had 4 seasons better than Hartys 2nd best season. Along with a 5td season. 

if you really want to argue that your wrong. He’s not better. You might hope he becomes better. But right now he’s just not. He’s been in the league 2 years and the stats I just put up are all of it. The other 2 years he accomplished almost zip. 

4 hours ago, mrags said:

Harry- 36 receptions, 570 yards, 3tds

McKenzie- 42 receptions, 423 yards, 4TDs

sorry, he exceeded him on receptions and TDs and came up short in yards. I’ll take 2 out of 3. 

not to mention Hartys 2’d best year he had 20 receptions for 186 yards and 1 TD. Whole McKEnzie has had 4 seasons better than Hartys 2nd best season. Along with a 5td season. 

if you really want to argue that your wrong. He’s not better. You might hope he becomes better. But right now he’s just not. He’s been in the league 2 years and the stats I just put up are all of it. The other 2 years he accomplished almost zip. 

He was mainly a Kick Returner the other seasons. In his one year of actual snaps, he got 147 more yards on 6 less receptions. Having more receptions for less yardage isn't a positive in McKenzie's favor. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I remember when the Bills had "no intention of trading Stevie Johnson."

3 hours ago, mrags said:

HA!🤣 You got that name wrong too! Well thought out post!😉👍

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

He was mainly a Kick Returner the other seasons. In his one year of actual snaps, he got 147 more yards on 6 less receptions. Having more receptions for less yardage isn't a positive in McKenzie's favor. 

So now your argument is that he’s going to be effective as a kick returner? After we resigned Hines. Got ya.  And kick returning does nothing for the offense. Offensively, he’s just not better. He might end up being better. But right now McKenzie has 4 years with more receptions than him. McKenzie has 2 years with more TDs than he has combined for his career. 

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

HA!🤣 You got that name wrong too! Well thought out post!😉👍

That’s how bad he is. People don’t even remember his name. 

• Haha (+1) 1