Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

I'm not even talking about the tweet.  If the Bills take a WR tonight, that's about all the confirmation you need that they aren't trading for DHop.  

If the Bills were in the process of working out the details of a trade, they aren't drafting a WR early.

So are the bills in a best player available mindset or draft for need scenario? 

Just now, dave mcbride said:

Who would folks rather have - Addison (my favorite by a ways among the draft options) or a proven elite vet in Hopkins? I'm on the fence, but I also worry that neither will be an option.

I'd take either one honestly, but Addison would be cheaper and be around longer assuming he produces.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Not if Baltimore is offering pick 20.

We were competing with KC and had the better pick.  

If Baltimore wants him he’s theirs.  

Baltimore isnt going to trade their first in a trade for Hopkins, they have big needs, especially at CB and they have a great shot at great corner with their pick.  So them swapping their first is not gonna happen IMHO

1 minute ago, loyal2dagame said:

So are the bills in a best player available mindset or draft for need scenario? 

I think for need since we have so many of them.  WR, OL, MLB, DT....

Both BPA and need could be one and the same depending on who's still on the board when we pick.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Who would folks rather have - Addison (my favorite by a ways among the draft options) or a proven elite vet in Hopkins? I'm on the fence, but I also worry that neither will be an option.

I want somebody who's gonna help Josh win a Super Bowl NOW!! I don't know if Addison is that guy. I know Nuk is!! 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

This has always been obvious. If the Bills take JSN, Flowers, Johnston, or Addison tonight (and I'm hoping those are the only one's they're looking at at 27) - they aren't trading for Hopkins. 

You don't spend a 1st on a WR when you already have Diggs and then bury them at #3 WR for multiple years. Especially with the holes we have on this team, the financials it would take for Hopkins, and the added Draft pick(s).

I’d be ecstatic to somehow come out of this with Hopkins and say… Flowers. Who do you cover? Still draft OL & LB with top 2 remaining picks. 

A WR3 in the modern NFL doesn’t get buried anywhere. They are practically a full time starter.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I’d be ecstatic to somehow come out of this with Hopkins and say… Flowers. Who do you cover? Still draft OL & LB with top 2 remaining picks. 

A WR3 in the modern NFL doesn’t get buried anywhere. They are practically a full time starter.

And i dont think there's any way the Bills retain Gabe Davis after this year

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JohnBonhamRocks said:

You won't be ecstatic - that's not happening. 

We have too many needs to trade a 1st and a 3rd at WR. Especially when we already have a Top 5 WR on this team. Especially since the financials it would cost to make Hopkins work would mean we'd have to fill all other needs exclusively in the Draft.

This isn't Fantasy Football or Madden. It's Flowers or Hopkins. It cannot and will not be both.