Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

12 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

For any of you who thought the Bills were actually building a stadium in Dunkirk, here’s the latest information from an NFL “insider.”

FWIW this guy is making ***** up and getting the hopes up of Bills fans.  it’s gonna be glorious when the deal doesn’t go down

He’s reading this board then making up crap.  I’m surprised he hasn’t worked in Davis and Oliver yet.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

It sounds like you like to prove someone wrong more than you like winning if that’s the case. We should all hope that goes down. That’s exactly the value that should be given to Hopkins.

Winning?  Hopkins eats cap, gets hurt, gets suspended for PEDS and has never won anything.

• Eyeroll 2

9 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

He’s reading this board then making up crap.  I’m surprised he hasn’t worked in Davis and Oliver yet.

I don’t know if he’s reading this board but he’s following the coverage and guessing.  It’s funny when that he champions two of his “predictions”

1. David Martin signing despite the fact it was reported he visited Buffalo on a FA trip.  How hard is it to guess that he would sign.

2. AJ Klein signing.  He said the Bills would address the LB situation.  Klein was signed in a move predicted by other media already (Joe B) and he takes a victory lap.   Not really sure that’s addressing the LB situation either

12 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

What about a benford for hop trade? We still have Elam tre Dane and taron. 

Arizona is looking at a reset/rebuild.  They want draft picks…not players.  Besides what would Benford command?  A 5th round draft pick?

2 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I don’t know if he’s reading this board but he’s following the coverage and guessing.  It’s funny when that he champions two of his “predictions”

1. David Martin signing despite the fact it was reported he visited Buffalo on a FA trip.  How hard is it to guess that he would sign.

2. AJ Klein signing.  He said the Bills would address the LB situation.  Klein was signed in a move predicted by other media already (Joe B) and he takes a victory lap.   Not really sure that’s addressing the LB situation either

If I had to bet anything I valued, I'd guess that fella is a fraud. However, I don't think all the smoke out there is fake news bouncing around an echo chamber. I suspect the Bills are a real possible destination for Hopkins.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

So he’s going to Baltimore.

You like to make definitive pronouncements without argument or explanation. It's kind of annoying. If you're guessing, say so. If you think you have a basis for that judgment, explain your warrant.

I’ve figured it would be KC all along. Lost JuJu, etc and KC is a better run franchise. Meanwhile, beane will sit on his hands and let them win another SB all because he won’t be willing to give up a 3rd rounder in a crappy draft. Can’t wait until we waste a pick on Bryan Bresee and then draft another Bernard in the 3rd round with the pick he won’t give up. We are in a SB window and Beane doesn’t act like it. 

• Eyeroll 4

1 minute ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

I’ve figured it would be KC all along. Lost JuJu, etc and KC is a better run franchise. Meanwhile, beane will sit on his hands and let them win another SB all because he won’t be willing to give up a 3rd rounder in a crappy draft. Can’t wait until we waste a pick on Bryan Bresee and then draft another Bernard in the 3rd round with the pick he won’t give up. We are in a SB window and Beane doesn’t act like it. 

you should take a step outside today

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Not being able to make the massive salary work with our almost entirely filled cap does not equal "sit on his hands".  Classic short-sighted NFL fan commentary. As if you or I EVER have any idea how hard they try to make certain things happen.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BillsFanInRaleigh said:

you should take a step outside today

Maybe where he's at it's like this.

image.thumb.png.08a2a12e7b1f0bd70623c3d26822a6ab.png

1 minute ago, 34-78-83 said:

Not being able to make the massive salary work with our almost entirely filled cap does not equal "sit on his hands".  Classic short-sighted NFL fan commentary. As if you or I EVER have any idea how hard they try to make certain things happen.

I think folks surmise that if the trade talk has any legitimate basis, then a financial path to make it work has been figured out. I agree on the surface it looks difficult, but I don't conclude from that that it is impossible. I agree that it is irrational to suppose that if it doesn't work out it means Beane is clueless or not diligently pursuing every available option to better the team.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Maybe where he's at it's like this.

image.thumb.png.08a2a12e7b1f0bd70623c3d26822a6ab.png

I think folks surmise that if the trade talk has any legitimate basis, then a financial path to make it work has been figured out. I agree on the surface it looks difficult, but I don't conclude from that that it is impossible. I agree that it is irrational to suppose that if it doesn't work out it means Beane is clueless or not diligently pursuing every available option to better the team.

It isn’t impossible.  The question is whether the cap mess you have to create to fit a 31 y.o., recently injured, recently suspended receiver under the cap is the right move.  I don’t think it is, even if they could get him for a 4th or later.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

It isn’t impossible.  The question is whether the cap mess you have to create to fit a 31 y.o., recently injured, recently suspended receiver under the cap is the right move.  I don’t think it is, even if they could get him for a 4th or later.

It might not be. I am unclear if AZ can be induced to eat some salary given they would lose 8M if they simply end up having to cut him. That could ameliorate some of the cap mess and make a trade more appealing.