Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

40 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It might but there is also the real potential that he will be a misfit with Allen and in this offense because he's not great at separating/getting open.    He's not the same fit that a healthy OBJ would have been.......Hopkins is the contested catch king.   If that doesn't mesh with Allen........who is known for wanting to see his receivers open before throwing to them.........then there is a potential for a LeBron/Westbrook level misfit.    In that event,  the Bills should want to have a very low cost out after 2023.  So the idea of a re-worked long term contract should not be something in Beane's head, IMO.   

The contested catch king at WR is exactly what Allen needs IMO. Normally TE plays the role, but Josh Allen loves him some WR.  BFF Diggs needs some competition on the football field to draw the heat. 

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

LMAO. It's not really getting "triggered." In this forum, Bills fans pretty much analyze anything and everything that has to do with the Bills. See the JA17 relationship thread.

It’s just amusing to see somebody spew out nonsense time and again, and then it turns out that none of it is accurate. It’s laughable, and yes, it does seem like a distraction, and like someone else said, VM "crying wolf." 

"Spewing nonsense" is a bit harsh. I believe Buffalo was in on OBJ and was/is in on Dhop. 

Von is keeping fans engaged and Bills mentions on sports and social media juiced up during the off-season, in a positive way.

I'm sure the Marketing and Advertising divisions at One Bills Drive aren't upset in the least about it lol. 

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Figster said:

The contested catch king at WR is exactly what Allen needs IMO. Normally TE plays the role, but Josh Allen loves him some WR.  BFF Diggs needs some competition on the football field to draw the heat. 

I really want Hopkins just because he is an elite all around WR.

Outside of him, I think getting Allen guys who can separate is most important as he took his first significant developmental leap after getting Beasley & Brown who were at the time statistically 2 of the best separators at WR in the league. 

No need to win a contested catch when the CB can’t stay with the WR for more than 2 seconds. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I really want Hopkins just because he is an elite all around WR.

Outside of him, I think getting Allen guys who can separate is most important as he took his first significant developmental leap after getting Beasley & Brown who were at the time statistically 2 of the best separators at WR in the league. 

No need to win a contested catch when the CB can’t stay with the WR for more than 2 seconds. 

I'm real big on Jalin Hyatt in the 1st because not many DB's in the league can run with him IMO. 

I also really want D Hop, but Hyatt would make the hurt go away real quick. Both?

OMG!!!

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Figster said:

I'm real big on Jalin Hyatt in the 1st because not many DB's in the league can run with him IMO. 

I also really want D Hop, but Hyatt would make the hurt go away real quick. Both?

OMG!!!

yes yes yes..... we can get both

AZ gets #27, 2024 4th  & BUF gets D.Hopkins, #34 (Select Hyatt, he might be there)

OR

Draft Hyatt at 27 and acquire D.Hop separately 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billz4ever said:

"Currently" is the key word.  Many GMs still have flexibility because they can restructure some existing contracts to make room if they absolutely need to.

Beane still has the ability to restructure some others if he wants to.  The player has to agree, but that's not normally a giant hurdle in most instances.

That's actually not true.  I recall Sal talking about it like a month ago.  They don't have to agree to it and don't even have to sign anything.  The team makes that's decision without their input.  They are just getting more cash that is already part of their deal up converted.

Edited by The Wiz

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

That's actually not true.  I recall Sal talking about it like a month ago.  They don't have to agree to it and don't even have to sign anything.  The team makes that's decision without their input.  They are just getting more cash that is already part of their deal up converted.

If it pushes money to outer years, I believe the player must agree to it.  If the money stays the same and is just converted, I believe that is accurate.

I want the Bills to snag Hopkins so they can focus solely on the offensive line with their early draft picks, instead of picking a round 1 WR...honestly, outside of JSN and Johnston, I'm not sold on the rest as worthy of a first round pick.

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Figster said:

OMG!!!

Personally not sold on Hyatt due to limited route tree. Seems more like a 2nd round guy to me. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Personally not sold on Hyatt due to limited route tree. Seems more like a 2nd round guy to me. 

I don't have access to Beane's big board obviously, but if I had to guess, none of the bigger name receivers that will still be on the board at #27 will have a first-round grade from the Bills.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

If it pushes money to outer years, I believe the player must agree to it.  If the money stays the same and is just converted, I believe that is accurate.

If by "outer years" you mean adding void years to the contract, then yes.  If the restructure is done within the current terms of the contract, I believe it can be done without player consent unless they could possibly make less money.  That would only happen if they added a bunch of incentives that the player didn't agree to.  In most cases, it's just converted to a signing bonus (cash up front) and prorated through the remaining contract.

I believe Hines did this with his restructure by having more incentives for the possibility to earn more if they are met and reduce his base + signing bonus so he had to agree to the terms.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

+1 though if we could somehow get him and Dhop both I would be thrilled. We'd have an instant boost in the short term plus the potential of having a Jaylen Waddle type waiting in the wings if he can develop the tools to function in a more conventional offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

+1 though if we could somehow get him and Dhop both I would be thrilled. We'd have an instant boost in the short term plus the potential of having a Jaylen Waddle type waiting in the wings if he can develop the tools to function in a more conventional offense. 

Didn't they say similar things about Justin Jefferson and question how he'd be in the NFL because he rarely faced press? 

Also, watching Hyatt's tape....he is actually a decent route runner...he just hasn't been asked to run a vast route tree. But he shows subtle moves on deep patterns that takes DB's out of the play. He also shows deceptive feet at the top of a route. He can take a slant the distance. I don't buy his 4.4 combine time. On tape he is 4.29-4.33. Especially after 15-20 yards he just rockets past everyone. He is also more physical and elusive underneath than given credit for. He has shown stiff arms, tackle breaking and good change of direction plays. 

With Allen's arm....we could literally just chuck it up 60 yards deep to Hyatt 3-5 times per game 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Let's say Hopkins gets released. Do you think anyone is giving him the same money? That's why this doesn't make sense. I don't think it's the trade compensation holding this back, it's the fact that nobody wants to pay him that much. At some point he is going to have to decide if he wants to play for Arizona or if he wants to make less money. And Arizona is going to have to decide if they want any kind of trade compensation in which case they will have to eat part of his contract to make it work 

Edited by KDIGGZ

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

Let's say Hopkins gets released. Do you think anyone is giving him the same money? That's why this doesn't make sense. I don't think it's the trade compensation holding this back, it's the fact that nobody wants to pay him that much. At some point he is going to have to decide if he wants to play for Arizona or if he wants to make less money 

OBJ got $15 million.

• Agree 2