Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I'm not sold that McD can lead this team to a Super Bowl. Make no mistake about it he blew a great chance in 13 seconds. This fan base and local media let him off the hook and treated him with kid gloves. 

Beane has failed to give Allen weapons and adequate protection. I disagree that he doesn't believe in doing so. He just doesn't know how to. Multiple failures on the oline and RB position. 

Hard not to agree that the Bills aren't talented enough. Anyone who watched the Cinci game should see that. I'm not buying the excuse game. A healthy offense scored 10 points and a defensive line couldn't beat multiple oline back ups. 

Gotta be careful. There's still way too many people that are brainwashed by this staff. Thinking they can do no wrong just because they ended a playoff drought. 

we were close in the AFC champ game but came out a dud, then 13 seconds the year after. Than a shellacking against the Bengals. Not to mention the absolutely stupid loss to the Texans after a huge lead at halftime. It’s so long ago and people fail to remember that one. Hell, even the loss to the Jags in our first game back. Nothing but 3 points against the freaking Jags. Hell, we held them to 10 points and still couldn’t win. 

yeah. McD has done great. Lol

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, mrags said:

Gotta be careful. There's still way too many people that are brainwashed by this staff. Thinking they can do no wrong just because they ended a playoff drought. 

we were close in the AFC champ game but came out a dud, then 13 seconds the year after. Than a shellacking against the Bengals. Not to mention the absolutely stupid loss to the Texans after a huge lead at halftime. It’s so long ago and people fail to remember that one. Hell, even the loss to the Jags in our first game back. Nothing but 3 points against the freaking Jags. Hell, we held them to 10 points and still couldn’t win. 

McDermott has done a great job in turning the Bills around. Nobody would argue that. Going from 17 straight playoff less seasons to what we have had over the last 6 years has been fun to watch. But these playoff failures are getting old. I am not suggesting Pegula cleans house yet. But McDermott and Beane's seat should be getting warm if the Bills can't deliver in the next 2 or 3 years. By that time if we don't have a Lombardi or a Super Bowl appearance then it may be time to go in a different direction.

Edited by Gregg
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Food for thought: Maybe it's the same with Daboll? Look at how Daniel Jones performed last year. 

Interesting huh? 

If that’s food for thought, we are all gonna be starving.  Putting Daboll on the same stage as Reid is insane. 

• Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, Gregg said:

McDermott has done a great job in turning the Bills around. Nobody would argue that. Going from 17 straight playoff less seasons to what we have had over the last 6 years has been fun to watch. But these playoff failures are getting old. I am not suggesting Pegula cleans house yet. But McDermott and Beane's seat should be getting warm if the Bills can't deliver in the next 2 or 3 years. By that time if we don't have a Lombardi or a Super Bowl appearance then it may be time to go in a different direction.

I’m 100% with you on the success they’ve have building this team. McD is exactly what this team needed to get out of the cellar and into the top teams in the league. But he doesn’t have it to get us over the top. 

I’ve said it before, but the quote from the Godfather is right on “he’s not a wartime consigliere”

I wouldn’t give them 3 years though. If you take that long, Josh will be in his 30s, and this fan base will be dwindling because of the way it’s mismanaged. I’m not 100% sold on moves like Hopkins, but at least it would be this FO realizing they need to go all in. I get it, they thought they had it with Von last year. But the more I think of it the more I’m angry. They went into their “all in” year with a rookie OC, a terrible excuse for an OLine, guys hurt throughout the year. They had no real running game to speak of and traded for a RB that wasn’t used. They knew they had holes at WR and didn’t trade for one at the deadline, they knew they were short at safety because of Hyde but but Marlowe back to not even dress him. For an “all in” year, they really fell short in a lot of areas imo. I’ll accept some of the excuses, but that’s all they are, excuses. And I’m sick of excuses. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, TheWeatherMan said:

If that’s food for thought, we are all gonna be starving.  Putting Daboll on the same stage as Reid is insane. 

He took the lowly Giants to the playoffs and made Daniel Jones a winner.

Josh progressed and had great seasons under Daboll.

It's not a stretch to think Daboll brought out the best in Allen.

Certainly, Dorsey was no where near as successful. Remember, the bonehead Allen INTs? 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, NoSaint said:

they have to worry that at soooome point Kelce misses time. His health has been remarkable but statistically can’t keep up forever and they have so little insulation for that today 

In todays age, these guys are playing a lot longer (i.e. Brady), the nutrition, injury care etc is head and shoulders above years ago. Plus the SOB never seems to take a good hit. Those guys drive me nuts, I think Beasley and Brown were the same way.

48 minutes ago, mrags said:

Just the facts. 

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

He took the Giants to the playoffs and made Daniel Jones a winner.

It's not a stretch to think Daboll brought put the best in Allen

Certainly, Dorsey was no where near as successful. Remember, the bonehead Allen INTs? 

Nowhere near successful? They were pretty much identical in a lot of categories in 2021/2022.  A lot of Allen’s INTs were boneheaded decisions by him nothing to do with Dorsey lol.  Crawl out from under your rock.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’m 100% with you on the success they’ve have building this team. McD is exactly what this team needed to get out of the cellar and into the top teams in the league. But he doesn’t have it to get us over the top. 

I’ve said it before, but the quote from the Godfather is right on “he’s not a wartime consigliere”

I wouldn’t give them 3 years though. If you take that long, Josh will be in his 30s, and this fan base will be dwindling because of the way it’s mismanaged. I’m not 100% sold on moves like Hopkins, but at least it would be this FO realizing they need to go all in. I get it, they thought they had it with Von last year. But the more I think of it the more I’m angry. They went into their “all in” year with a rookie OC, a terrible excuse for an OLine, guys hurt throughout the year. They had no real running game to speak of and traded for a RB that wasn’t used. They knew they had holes at WR and didn’t trade for one at the deadline, they knew they were short at safety because of Hyde but but Marlowe back to not even dress him. For an “all in” year, they really fell short in a lot of areas imo. I’ll accept some of the excuses, but that’s all they are, excuses. And I’m sick of excuses. 

Agree on the roster. But that is more on Beane then McDermott. They have to build the LOS on both sides of the ball. But more so on the OL. They need to build around Allen. Give him a strong OL with a good RB and this team will be unstoppable. I could accept the WR's we have now even though we need an upgrade #2 WR if we had a better OL. Allen playing hero ball looks exciting and will win games in the regular season, but it won't in the playoffs against top teams. 

My ideal/ realistic scenario…

Bills trade pick #27 plus a 2024 3rd rounder (presumably we will have an extra 3rd rounder from the comp pick)

Bills get WR DeAndre Hopkins plus Cardinals pick #34

Bills get their 1B WR and have two 2nd rounders and a 3rd to potentially address OT, LB, TE, DE

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

10 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

My ideal/ realistic scenario…

Bills trade pick #27 plus a 2024 3rd rounder (presumably we will have an extra 3rd rounder from the comp pick)

Bills get WR DeAndre Hopkins plus Cardinals pick #34

Bills get their 1B WR and have two 2nd rounders and a 3rd to potentially address OT, LB, TE, DE

I was thinking about this the other day as well. 

It makes sense for AZ. Their New GM could say he got a 1st for his WR 

It makes sense for BUF. We only trade down 7 picks, likely get a player who is graded the same on our board.   TE and OT in the 2nd would be great. 

We throw in a 3rd for 2024...as you said we'd still have a pick in that round 

I also wonder if we can look around the league and find a younger LB that's maybe not a scheme fit on their current team and acquire them for a 3rd or even in a 1 for 1 Ed Oliver trade

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Agree on the roster. But that is more on Beane then McDermott. They have to build the LOS on both sides of the ball. But more so on the OL. They need to build around Allen. Give him a strong OL with a good RB and this team will be unstoppable. I could accept the WR's we have now even though we need an upgrade #2 WR if we had a better OL. Allen playing hero ball looks exciting and will win games in the regular season, but it won't in the playoffs against top teams. 

100% but I believe McD is just as much to blame or more to the talent of the roster. I firmly believe he is more responsible for the draft picks and FAs than everyone wants to believe. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, mrags said:

100% but I believe McD is just as much to blame or more to the talent of the roster. I firmly believe he is more responsible for the draft picks and FAs than everyone wants to believe. 

I don't know about that. Beane is respected around the league and is considered a good GM. If he were really McDermott's puppet he could quit and get another job in about 5 seconds. 

1 hour ago, GolfandBills said:

Nowhere near successful? They were pretty much identical in a lot of categories in 2021/2022.  A lot of Allen’s INTs were boneheaded decisions by him nothing to do with Dorsey lol.  Crawl out from under your rock.  

Refer to the Cinci game where DC Lou Anarumo took Dorsey to the woodshed. Completely outclassed. 

In fact, Dorsey's game plan or lack of almost cost the Bills the game vs Miami. 

Crawl out from under your rock. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Refer to the Cinci game where DC Lou Anarumo took Dorsey to the woodshed. Completely outclassed. 

Crawl out from under your rock. 

And DaBoll was never out coached?   May i present you the Colts game in 2021?

Edited by GolfandBills

28 minutes ago, mrags said:

If you're going to blame McD, then wouldn't you also have to include him in the praise? 

The Bills were Superbowl favorites at one point last year and are considered top 5 for next year.  Contending teams are usually considered talented.  

34 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I don't know about that. Beane is respected around the league and is considered a good GM. If he were really McDermott's puppet he could quit and get another job in about 5 seconds. 

I don’t believe he’s a puppet. I just believe McD has more pull in the drafting and FA process than many believe. 

13 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

If you're going to blame McD, then wouldn't you also have to include him in the praise? 

The Bills were Superbowl favorites at one point last year and are considered top 5 for next year.  Contending teams are usually considered talented.  

Yup. I give him credit for getting there. But don’t believe he’ll ever get us over the hump. 

Edited by mrags
  • Agree 1

45 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

He took the Giants to the playoffs and made Daniel Jones a winner.

It's not a stretch to think Daboll brought put the best in Allen

Daboll is an experienced OC while Dorsey just completed his 1st year as OC. Daboll's first OC job came in 2009 with Cleveland and he failed, posting the 32nd & 29th ranked offenses in his 2 years there. Then Miami, failed, then KC and failed again. He was the OC for 3 different teams in 4 years, all resulting in him being let go. His first real success as an OC didn't come until 8 years after he first became an OC and it wasn't in the NFL, it was with Alabama in 2017 when they won the national championship. 

Secondly you say Daboll brought out the best in Allen, while Dorsey failed to do so. If we are going by the 2020 season only, sure. But Josh threw more ints in 2021, under Daboll, than he did under Dorsey this past year. Josh also had a better QB Rating and QBR this past year over 2021 and his ypa increased by almost a full yard. Even though Daboll had the experience over Dorsey and Josh being injured this year vs healthy in 2021.

Lastly, using Daniel Jones as an example on how he makes QBs better and a winner is laughable. What Jones was asked to do this past year was similar to what Allen was asked to do in 2019, don't lose the game for us. He didn't make Jones a winner, he made the Giants winners, Jones was just along for the ride.

• Like (+1) 2