Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

9 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

In other words... Don't want to speak about other teams property to avoid punishment

I actually feel better after rewatching that video. I thought Beane said "we've only done 1% of what's reported" what he said was "sometimes" "we have done 1% of what's reported." Which means he's speaking in general with any player, not just Hopkins. Now nothing in that video makes me think we still won't keep trying. 

I just have a hard time believing ALL that interest was something that was just a phone call. All the people that reported it and made it definitive that we are interested, that stuff doesn't just come out of nowhere. We will see what happens

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

They wouldn’t be-  they’d renegotiate.  And Hill is making 30M a year.  Not 19-14

It’s kind of interesting to look at Hill’s contract

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/tyreek-hill-19119/

Of his $120M/4 year, only $72M is guaranteed.  

In terms of cap hit, he cost Miami $6.5M last season, $12.83M this season, and $31M next season after which they could trade him and take a $22M cap hit.if they so choose.

It kind of seems as though the Chiefs could have come up with something that would work for them if they wanted it to.  I think they felt their offense leaning on Hill and Kelce had been “solved” a bit, and it was time for re-work.

Edited by Beck Water

54 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

“Trust the process of not trading for Hopkins and continually losing in the 2nd and 3rd rounds” -Brandon Beane 

My thing is why haven't they even tried to give Allen a second stud receiver before now? Bills management has been out to lunch for 3 years. One year okay, at some point it becomes an enormous failing and a fire-able offense.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

My thing is why haven't they even tried to give Allen a second stud receiver before now? Bills management has been out to lunch for 3 years. One year okay, at some point it becomes an enormous failing and a fire-able offense.

Careful. There’s a ton of McBeane homers here that will defend their every move. Even if it’s the wrong one 

15 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

He thought Davis would clean up his drop rate and therefore be a perfectly good #2, so it's understandable.  He was, sadly, wrong.

22 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

I'm not calling you ignorant, but this post is.

How do you know what's been tried and what hasn't?

Answer: you don't. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

He knows that Beane has been the GM and responsible for 5 drafts, free agencies, and trade deadlines now and yet we still don’t have a #2. 

33 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

What big acquisition have they made that you can say 'Well shucks, they shot their shot but this one just didn't work out. You can't have 'em all.' 

Could be a draft pick, a trade, a free agent. There's nothing like that on the ledger. You miss all the shots you don't take, right?

15 hours ago, papazoid said:

would be even better for the bills than d-ho

younger, lower cap for 2023 ($4 mil), and statistically a better WR who is trending up, while D-ho likely trending down

Yeah but he's at that age where he's going to want to get his big cash in check. I do like in quite a bit as a player though.

1 hour ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Gabe showed a lot of promise in 2021 playoffs, so everyone thought we had a bonafide #2 on the roster. It wasn;t till mid season 2022 that we started to realize Gabe wasn't progressing from how he left 2021

So I wouldn't have been looking for a "stud WR" at that point either. In fact we were looking for a speed burner or a slot WR last season not a bonafide 1b as I would call it.

Beane gets a pass on not bringing in a bonafide 1b before 2022. 

Although I though he short armed the #2 TE position last offseason and we still could use an upgrade there.

43 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

What big acquisition have they made that you can say 'Well shucks, they shot their shot but this one just didn't work out. You can't have 'em all.' 

Could be a draft pick, a trade, a free agent. There's nothing like that on the ledger. You miss all the shots you don't take, right?

You were/are whining about TRYING. 

Please explain to everyone how you know what has been TRIED.

21 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Do or not do, there is no try.

Yet, that is what people have been whining about.  Nobody can know what's been tried.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

If he ends up staying I’d like to know if not trading Oliver was the reason we didn’t do this trade.  Or a major reason why.  

This team is going to need peak Josh Allen again come playoff time - and I shudder thinking about what happens if Diggs misses time.  Couldn’t get that in 2022 because his elbow was hurt and we had a rookie OC.  

Allen can still win us games and Dorsey could make a huge leap, but we’d look like the 2022 Chargers.  Who at least got Keenan back for the stretch run. 

All positions need to be prepared for hits to depth and it’s criminal we’ve prioritized WR depth the least since acquiring Diggs.  

I think we’ve upgraded WRs 5-7 but that’s it currently.  

I still don’t feel confident with the slot.  

Sherfield is an upgrade over Kumerow - I forgot Sherfield dropped that TD in the playoff game.  I know - 75 yard TD vs SF.  He is what he is.   

If Hopkins doesn’t happen I want to target a slot guy.  A legit one.  Even if it’s the draft it appears the best WR prospects seem to be slot guys.   

12 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

If he ends up staying I’d like to know if not trading Oliver was the reason we didn’t do this trade.  Or a major reason why.  

This team is going to need peak Josh Allen again come playoff time - and I shudder thinking about what happens if Diggs misses time.  Couldn’t get that in 2022 because his elbow was hurt and we had a rookie OC.  

Allen can still win us games and Dorsey could make a huge leap, but we’d look like the 2022 Chargers.  Who at least got Keenan back for the stretch run. 

All positions need to be prepared for hits to depth and it’s criminal we’ve prioritized WR depth the least since acquiring Diggs.  

I think we’ve upgraded WRs 5-7 but that’s it currently.  

I still don’t feel confident with the slot.  

Sherfield is an upgrade over Kumerow - I forgot Sherfield dropped that TD in the playoff game.  I know - 75 yard TD vs SF.  He is what he is.   

If Hopkins doesn’t happen I want to target a slot guy.  A legit one.  Even if it’s the draft it appears the best WR prospects seem to be slot guys.   

DOWNS