Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

When I said many, I didn't mean majority.  When I mean not good, I don't mean non playoff.  Not good as in not true contenders but we still are.

When Von comes back, I expect our DL to be very good again.  It's disappointing that we under perform when he's out but when he's in, he makes a significant difference.  That changes everything, along with I don't expect 3/4 of our secondary out for more than 50% of the year.  

But yeah we need help at WR.  I would like another RT but we'll see.  

We are still up there with the Bengals and Chiefs.  

You may be right. What I see is an increasingly competitive AFC. Our division is tough. The Jets D is good and if they get Rodgers, they should be more competitive than last year when they already gave us problems. The Phins have a lot of talent, though ultimately, Josh Allen remains the best qb and that normally is the trump card. I think the Bengals and Chiefs are slightly ahead of us. The Chiefs suffered some free agent losses, but Mahomes, Kelce, and Andy Reid are cheat codes on offense in a league that favors offense. Cincy in the short term at least has two number one wrs and solid coaching. I think we need an early oline pick, I'd prefer RT so we are not counting on a rebound year from Brown (great if if happens), a better WR2, and TE2 to make 12 personnel a real option. I would make offense the priority this offseason. 

I expect defense will get the bulk of the early picks. I'm not sold on our coaches. Too many failures in the post-season. You might have Marty Schottenheimer or Marvin Lewis. But not sold does not mean I think they can't do it. They might, but for me it's an open question. There is not enough history of success to vanquish uncertainty. And Dorsey needs a leap year of growth. The numbers were not terrible, but he did not utilize the talent sufficiently. Some of that is injuries and a porous oline, but not all of it.

1 minute ago, mjt328 said:

Josh Allen gives us an advantage over teams without franchise QBs.

He does not give us an advantage over Patrick Mahomes or Joe Burrow.

He does not give us an advantage over Aaron Rodgers, if he returns to 2020-2021 form.

If Tua stays healthy and takes another step in his development, he does not give us a significant advantage over him either.

In the NFC, having someone like Allen would put us in the Super Bowl conversation without question.  In the AFC East, it's going to come down to the supporting roster.  And in my opinion, the Bills are slipping further behind with each passing week.

I agree and I’m gonna laugh when beane takes a middle linebacker with the first pick 

Sean keeps feeding him that we need defense, and it’s crazy… draft a RT or receiver, period! This defense gets cooked every year in the playoffs, every time 

6 minutes ago, mrags said:

I 100% agree with this. As long as 17 is manning the helm we have a legit shot. 

Not if they don’t start doing a much better job managing this roster around him and finding coaches who don’t ***** themselves in the playoffs 

sean has been outcoached thoroughly in the playoffs 

5 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

Not if they don’t start doing a much better job managing this roster around him and finding coaches who don’t ***** themselves in the playoffs 

sean has been outcoached thoroughly in the playoffs 

You are 100% in this. But Josh is one of the best players in the game and he is the one that is responsible for our success majority speaking. I’m not saying we will be in the SB window forever with him at the helm. But the fact is, as long as 17 is here and healthy, we have a shot at it every year. 

but yes, coaching has lost us important games. Especially when they matter most. 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Josh Allen gives us an advantage over teams without franchise QBs.

He does not give us an advantage over Patrick Mahomes or Joe Burrow.

He does not give us an advantage over Aaron Rodgers, if he returns to 2020-2021 form.

If Tua stays healthy and takes another step in his development, he does not give us a significant advantage over him either.

In the NFC, having someone like Allen would put us in the Super Bowl conversation without question.  In the AFC East, it's going to come down to the supporting roster.  And in my opinion, the Bills are slipping further behind with each passing week.

Excellent post.  There has been an arms race going on for a year or 2 now, and we are not upgrading as you mention, while at the same time probably regressing slightly due to constant end-of-year changes.

It's also worth noting that in this environment, simply remaining exactly the same means moving backward.

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

You are 100% in this. But Josh is one of the best players in the game and he is the one that is responsible for our success majority speaking. I’m not saying we will be in the SB window forever with him at the helm. But the fact is, as long as 17 is here and healthy, we have a shot at it every year. 

but yes, coaching has lost us important games. Especially when they matter most. 

I'm sure they felt the same way in Green Bay all these years with Rodgers.

Well, they did do it once.

I'd take that.

neither the bills or chiefs are "OUT"....that sounds so final

they just aren't "in" yet

just because beane won't overpay.....doesn't mean he can't pull the trigger

just because a deal hasn't happened or beane says very little....doesn't mean dhop to bills is dead

if tim graham actually had a source on this....wouldn't he have to say "per source" ??

• Agree 2

I’m toying with the idea of using a 4th round pick to trade up ahead of the Giants at 25 to snag Zay Flowers, if he is still on the board at 23 or 24…

Dude is the most electric playmaker in this years draft Imo…

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I’m toying with the idea of using a 4th round pick to trade up ahead of the Giants at 25 to snag Zay Flowers, if he is still on the board at 23 or 24…

Dude is the most electric playmaker in this years draft Imo…

Yup. Would be completely worth it. Throw Boogie in the trade if you have to. 

What legit contender has a supporting cast worse than ours? What position group on the Bills has elite talent? If we are going to win in the playoffs the roster needs upgrades not just role players. Hopkins checks that box. He is a guy you can go to in key spots. Right now you double Diggs and we are hoping for an Allen scramble. 

14 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Excellent post.  There has been an arms race going on for a year or 2 now, and we are not upgrading as you mention, while at the same time probably regressing slightly due to constant end-of-year changes.

It's also worth noting that in this environment, simply remaining exactly the same means moving backward.

I'm sure they felt the same way in Green Bay all these years with Rodgers.

Well, they did do it once.

I'd take that.

I 100% agree with you. Not saying I want it to happen. I believe we need help keeping Josh upright more than just about anything. And help with targets a close 2nd. But the fact is, just like Rodgers in Green Bay. If Josh is here, we will be in the conversation. 

14 minutes ago, ngbills said:

What legit contender has a supporting cast worse than ours? What position group on the Bills has elite talent? If we are going to win in the playoffs the roster needs upgrades not just role players. Hopkins checks that box. He is a guy you can go to in key spots. Right now you double Diggs and we are hoping for an Allen scramble. 

without a doubt...the DB's are the strongest position group

3 pro bowlers in poyer, hyde and white

a highly rated nickel back in taron johnson

last years 1st round pick in kaiir elam

we just added taylor rapp for a steal

benford beat out elam to start last season

dane jackson is great depth

• Like (+1) 1

Why are people getting bent over Tim Grahams tweet? It didn’t add anything to the conversation. It didn’t add anything we didn’t already know.

Once AZ’s asking price was leaked, every one of us knew Beane wasn’t paying that and likely no other team would as well.

So we all knew that unless AZ lowered their asking price (“significant change”), we weren’t pulling that trigger.

So what exactly does Tim Graham reveal here? Nothing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Beane likes Spencer Brown. 

I don't understand why. Is it a sunk cost fallacy? 

He's objectively bad according to every independent metric. What's the harm in giving him some real competition at the position?

Edited by Bruffalo
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I'm willing to bet if it happens, it'll be during the draft...and how the first rd. shakes out. It might have to come in terms of a draft day trade of Ed.

Maybe they get a couple of decent picks for him and parlay that into DHop.

Maybe if Robinson makes it to 27, we can trade with Philly or the Saints for a pick or 2 and then deal.