Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

43 minutes ago, papazoid said:

beane obj comment is directed at arizona.....like we have other options besides dhop.......which unless obj will sign for under $2 mil...aint happening

I heard it was down to around 5m for OBJ. I'm not a big fan, but , I sure would pay 5 for OBJ over the 15m plus picks for Hopkins. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

After listening to Beane's interview, they are laying in the weeds...and not out on Hopkins.

It sounded like he entirely brushed the question on hopkins away and then was like until a player signs or is traded we will be in on it. He only ruled out non-culture fits and non-scheme fits.he had a mini tirade about how only 1 out of 100 calls for trades where they actually happen and a bunch of other stuff. 

That's jmo.

54 minutes ago, papazoid said:

beane obj comment is directed at arizona.....like we have other options besides dhop.......which unless obj will sign for under $2 mil...aint happening

Iirc, obj won't count against a comp pick because he was a ufa before the league new year.  I imagine we were the $4 mil team though lol

4 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

I’ve been a die hard fan for 24 years. If we don’t make a trade for a WR and end up losing in the playoffs again my interest in this team will go way down. 

No, it won't. You'll watch every game and then come here to complain and threaten. But unless you're not a true blue Bills fan and just a fair weather fan, you won't stop following the team.

I get fans wanting a Super Bowl so bad you can taste it. And yes, it's incredibly frustrating to come so close and not get there. But before Beane got here, we were in purgatory. Laughing stock of the league. It's important to keep that in perspective of where we are now.

Maybe Hopkins will happen. Maybe he won't. But there's still a lot of time left in the Offseason. Who knows what this team will look like in the Season Opener. And if it weren't for a myriad of injuries and unfortunate situations derailing the team last season, who knows what we could have been if those things didn't happen.

Who knows what we could be with the same team if those things don't happen this season.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

After listening to Beane's interview, they are laying in the weeds...and not out on Hopkins.

It sounded like he entirely brushed the question on hopkins away and then was like until a player signs or is traded we will be in on it. He only ruled out non-culture fits and non-scheme fits.he had a mini tirade about how only 1 out of 100 calls for trades where they actually happen and a bunch of other stuff. 

That's jmo.

Iirc, obj won't count against a comp pick because he was a ufa before the league new year.  I imagine we were the $4 mil team though lol

Erie County Bulls specifically said yesterday that the Bills were still the front runners. Now he is backing off of it. Go figure

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

Erie County Bulls specifically said yesterday that the Bills were still the front runners. Now he is backing off of it. Go figure

What are the chances this random not only suddenly has sources within the Bills but also the Chiefs or Cardinals? 

This guy is enjoying his 15 minutes of fame after guessing that a FA visit would turn into a signing. 

I still hope we get this done, but I put zero stock in what he says.

8 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Erie County Bulls barely has more followers than I do. Their big proof of "legitimacy" is that they said we'd sign David Edwards... after it was announced he was in town for a visit.

They just look like another Twitter "source" making claims before things happen to make themselves look "legit" in the event that they do happen. They're a dime a dozen.

Couldn't roll my eyes harder when I hear people say "Erie County Bulls says" like it means a damn thing.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, TOboy said:

What are the chances this random not only suddenly has sources within the Bills but also the Chiefs or Cardinals? 

This guy is enjoying his 15 minutes of fame after guessing that a FA visit would turn into a signing. 

I still hope we get this done, but I put zero stock in what he says.

I never really fully believed him. But now he basically confirmed he's full of it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Erie County Bulls barely has more followers than I do. Their big proof of "legitimacy" is that they said we'd sign David Edwards... after it was announced he was in town for a visit.

They just look like another Twitter "source" making claims before things happen to make themselves look "legit" in the event that they do happen. 

every insider has to start somewhere. For what it’s worth, a few of the larger Bills twitter accounts said they verified the guy is legit.  Time will tell if he’s for real

he did say the Bills were making a real play for Hopkins before Aaron Wilson reported it.

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

45 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

I’ve been a die hard fan for 24 years. If we don’t make a trade for a WR and end up losing in the playoffs again my interest in this team will go way down. 

Your interest will go down in a top 5 team with arguably the leagues best QB who makes jaw dropping plays only he can make on a weekly basis ?

Expectations are fun if you allow them to be fun, expectations can also be crippling as evidenced by this all or nothing take.

I feel for ya brother, hope the season ends with a victory for every type of fan.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

every insider has to start somewhere. For what it’s worth, a few of the larger Bills twitter accounts said they verified the guy is legit.  Time will tell if he’s for real

he did say the Bills were making a real play for Hopkins before Aaron Wilson reported it.

Yeah, but he did it after Hopkins posted the infamous "Buffalo Soldier" video and everyone was talking about it. Just like he "broke" that Edwards was going to sign, but only after it was announced he came into town.

Every year, you see tons of Twitter accounts making bold claims based off tea leaves. They do it hoping that if they're the first to say it and it happens, they'll be legitimized and get a million followers. 

Even if it does happen, I'd bet the guy still doesn't know anything more than the random fan.

24 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

They just look like another Twitter "source" making claims before things happen to make themselves look "legit" in the event that they do happen. They're a dime a dozen.

Couldn't roll my eyes harder when I hear people say "Erie County Bulls says" like it means a damn thing.

To add to this, David Edwards wasn't a hard one to predict.  Played guard for our current Oline coach and we need guards.   Seemed like a logical connection to me.

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

To add to this, David Edwards wasn't a hard one to predict.  Played guard for our current Oline coach and we need guards.   Seemed like a logical connection to me.

Exactly. Notice how "the insider" had nothing to say about Taylor Rapp? That's because there were no giveaways or tea leaves to play off of with him.

To add to the ridiculousness of putting faith in random Twitter accounts - Ian Rappaport has said in the past "The Bills are always the mystery team". He, Schefter, and the like don't get leaks from them or break news until it happens.

So what sense does it make that random Twitter people get info when it's a front office shrouded in such secrecy that even the top reporters in the game can't find anything out?

• Like (+1) 3