Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don’t think so. Just look how they construct their roster. They’re missing the bigger possession WR. It was Watkins and then JuJu. Sky Moore is not that player. He’s more of a Hardman replacement. 

I'd expect them to trade for a cheaper option or draft a player to fill that void.  With Reid's mind and Mahomes arm....any number of middle of the road options can come in and be very productive 

Just now, Bigvinny said:

Except picks, KC has like 12 picks maybe it doesn't matter just looking at every angle.

Our picks are higher in each rd though. Our 2nd is worth more than theirs, our 3rd etc. They do have more late rounders but i cant imagine that is going to make the difference in a trade

2 minutes ago, Hsker4life said:

You wouldn’t have to “sell the future” to acquire Hopkins. Not even close. 

This. 

Hopkins would be the final piece added to the core of Von, Hyde, Poyer and White. 

It’s a 2 season (I expect Hyde to be extended) Super Bowl run with them, along with Diggs in his prime, before we likely see quite a bit of roster retooling. 

Beane starts trading RD1 & RD2 picks for mega contracts and doing massive void years, then sure, future be damned, but we aren’t remotely close to that. 

• Like (+1) 1

Arizona is in a re-set year with new management and Murray an unknown. They’re trying to clean up their cap too. They have zero interest in Oliver as essentially a one-year player. They’re taking DL at pick 3 in the draft.

Just now, Airseven said:

Arizona is in a re-set year with new management and Murray an unknown. They’re trying to clean up their cap too. They have zero interest in Oliver as essentially a one-year player. They’re taking DL at pick 3 in the draft.

Normally I’d agree, but they have nobody on their DL. Oliver would be a huge addition for them and he fits their scheme. They still can spend R1 on a DE as well. 

1 minute ago, Airseven said:

IMO Oliver is perfect for them fo rthe reason you state. No cap charge after one year, they can let him walk. Provides solid play and then no commitment.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Basham is probably also appealing. To them they’d probably view Basham as an extra 3rd who’s ready to contribute now.

I would hate the Basham pick less if we used it to acquire Dhop haha

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Bigvinny said:

Except picks, KC has like 12 picks maybe it doesn't matter just looking at every angle.

KC can probably offer a better trade package, unless we entertain moving Davis, but they only have 5M in cap.  That’s after their restructures. 

I know they can surely find a way to get the money, but they’ve won Super Bowls without handicapping themselves a ton in future years (as have we, minus the Super Bowls) … not sure they want to start doing that now. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

KC can probably offer a better trade package, but they only have 5M in cap.  That’s after some restructures. 

I know they can surely find a way to get the money, but they’ve won Super Bowls without handicapping themselves a ton in future years (as have we, minus the Super Bowls) … not sure they want to start doing that now. 

Not sure where he got 12 picks from, I show these as KC's picks if I am missing any I hope he corrects:

No. 31 overall (Round 1)

No. 63 overall (Round 2)

No. 95 overall (Round 3)

No. 122 overall (Round 4)

No. 134 overall (Round 4)

No. 166 overall (Round 5)

No. 178 overall (Round 6)

No. 217 overall (Round 6)

No. 249 overall (Round 7)

No. 250 overall (Round 7)

So they have an extra 4th 6th and 7th, not really any difference makers (trade wise)

Edited by Bray Wyatt

1 minute ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Not sure where he got 12 picks from, I show these as KC's picks if I am missing any I hope he corrects:

No. 31 overall (Round 1)

No. 63 overall (Round 2)

No. 95 overall (Round 3)

No. 122 overall (Round 4)

No. 134 overall (Round 4)

No. 166 overall (Round 5)

No. 178 overall (Round 6)

No. 217 overall (Round 6)

No. 249 overall (Round 7)

No. 250 overall (Round 7)

So they have an extra 4th 6th and 7th, not really any difference makers (trade wise)

That’s reportedly where the trade is going to be centered around … Day 3 picks.   Reporters saying it will likely look more like the Cooks/Dallas trade.  

The kicker is probably how high of a pick(s) do we need to go in order to have AZ eat as much of the cap hit this year as they can. 

• Disagree 1

Just now, SCBills said:

That’s reportedly where the trade is going to be centered around … Day 3 picks.   Reporters saying it will likely look more like the Cooks/Dallas trade.  

The kicker is probably how high of a pick(s) do we need to go in order to have AZ eat as much of the cap hit this year as they can. 

I would do a 3rd and a player (but thats me and may be high comparatively) but it would be to make sure we get him I think its worth it

14 minutes ago, H2o said:

They have a bunch of shorter WR's. I have a feeling they'd more likely be interested in Davis. 

Makes sense.  Could be the case.

I just see this is as a tank year for them.  They have Gabe cheap during a tank season and then have to pay him next year.  Shakir is getting under 1M per for 3 years.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I'd expect them to trade for a cheaper option or draft a player to fill that void.  With Reid's mind and Mahomes arm....any number of middle of the road options can come in and be very productive 

Andy Friggin Reid gets what he wants. Not afraid of the big move, getting rid of a player or bringing one in.

Ed Oliver better be traded or extended. If you don’t want him then trade him. 

18 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

If we trade them a player, seems more likely it would be Oliver. AZ is in desperate need of D-line help and he'd be 10M off our books 

I hear ya.  Makes some sense. Similar to my reasoning for Gabe-  both are FA after this season. Zero years of control 

I am ok with trading picks for Hopkins.  I prefer Hopkins over OBJ or drafting a WR in the first round.  

He will have a big year if he comes to Buffalo.  I could see the Bills having three receivers at +1,000 yards.  Hasn't been done since 2008, but doable.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1