Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

22 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’m torn because I was correct on him when everyone else was so against the idea. Of course I’m joking though, of course I would rather benefit the Bills but it’s not like I hate him like Travis Kelce, or Patrick Mahomes. So I would like him to recover from his injury. 

I was just going back and looking also, he likely wouldn’t have been the rushing leader. But he absolutely was in the conversation of OROTY. 

You were correct. And the Jets nailed that draft.

17 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’m torn because I was correct on him when everyone else was so against the idea. Of course I’m joking though, of course I would rather benefit the Bills but it’s not like I hate him like Travis Kelce, or Patrick Mahomes. So I would like him to recover from his injury. 

I was just going back and looking also, he likely wouldn’t have been the rushing leader. But he absolutely was in the conversation of OROTY. 

He looked great. I don’t remember anyone saying he wasn’t a very good/great back.  Just that he wasn’t worth taking in rd 1.  Especially when there were 2 backs very close in ability (Walker- and he was a a stud too).

The jets didn’t think he was worth a frost rd pick either.  They passed on him 3 times before pulling the trigger on the trade. as you know.  

I don’t think he proved that he was worthy of our first rd pick.  Elam made the biggest play of the game to help up win in KC and James cook average 5.7 ypc.  

15 minutes ago, mrags said:

Yeah. Just wasn’t going to lead the league in rushing though. I was wrong about how he started. His first few games were definitely worrisome. But he came on like gang busters after a few games. Started to pick up steam for sure. 

Who really knows though, he very well could have down the stretch. He was gaining more carries per game every game until his injury. Averaging nearly 1 TD a game and seeing some high usage in the air (which we already knew he was capable of). 

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/rookie-running-backs-to-rush-for-more-than-1000-yards-in-rookie-season

He’s in great company, list correlates well to a decent career. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He looked great. I don’t remember anyone saying he wasn’t a very good/great back.  Just that he wasn’t worth taking in rd 1.  Especially when there were 2 backs very close in ability (Walker- and he was a a stud too).

The jets didn’t think he was worth a frost rd pick either.  They passed on him 3 times before pulling the trigger on the trade. as you know.  

I don’t think he proved that he was worthy of our first rd pick.  Elam made the biggest play of the game to help up win in KC and James cook average 5.7 ypc.  

I think the argument if he would have been worth it would have been put to bed had he not been injured and continued as he was performing through his first few games. But you will always find people that refuse to believe in a RB in the first round. 

hilariously, I am not all in on Robinson this year. I don’t see what makes him special. I get that everyone is saying he’s the best back to come out since Saquan. I just don’t see it when I watch him. I think there’s 2-3 backs that will end up being better from this years draft. But it also all depends on what teams pick them up and who they have to compete with. Chances are Robinson will go to a team that showcases him more than any other back this year. 

26 minutes ago, mrags said:

I think the argument if he would have been worth it would have been put to bed had he not been injured and continued as he was performing through his first few games. But you will always find people that refuse to believe in a RB in the first round. 

hilariously, I am not all in on Robinson this year. I don’t see what makes him special. I get that everyone is saying he’s the best back to come out since Saquan. I just don’t see it when I watch him. I think there’s 2-3 backs that will end up being better from this years draft. But it also all depends on what teams pick them up and who they have to compete with. Chances are Robinson will go to a team that showcases him more than any other back this year. 

I hear ya.  

I like robinsons agility for a dude that big.  Great explosion and maximizes yards. 

I think Gibbs could be a top 3-5 back in the league depending on where he ends up.  He’s really impressive to me. Haven’t really dig in and watched many this year.  Now that we have Harris, I don’t think we’d go RB before rd 6.  

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I hear ya.  

I like robinsons agility for a dude that big.  Great explosion and maximizes yards. 

I think Gibbs could be a top 3-5 back in the league depending on where he ends up.  He’s really impressive to me. Haven’t really dig in and watched many this year.  Now that we have Harris, I don’t think we’d go RB before rd 6.  

I think we could go as early as the 4th rd if certain guys are there. Tho I don’t expect it. If you could get Kendre Miller in the 4th or 5th or Rochon Johnson in the 5th or 6th I’d say do it. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, mrags said:

I think we could go as early as the 4th rd if certain guys are there. Tho I don’t expect it. If you could get Kendre Miller in the 4th or 5th or Rochon Johnson in the 5th or 6th I’d say do it. 

I’d be happy with Johnson. Haven’t watched much Miller yet.  

3 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

He was definitely on pace for a 1,000 yard season. Which you really can’t ask for much more being a rookie. 

1000 yd season is under 60 yards a game. That shouldn't be a big deal anymore

1 hour ago, nucci said:

1000 yd season is under 60 yards a game. That shouldn't be a big deal anymore

1000 yard seasons were the measuring stick when they played 14 games...then it went to 16 and it stayed the same, now 17 where it's almost meaningless.

20 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

I just want to know why I just wasted my time reading about RBs on a Hopkins thread

Because if you liked someone going into the draft, and they have a good first year…it means you’re ***** awesome. 

• Haha (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Am I the one that reads these rumor topics and skips all the comments? I only read the embedded tweets that people share from twitter 

You should embed a tweet so people mostly looking for that (like me) don’t miss your question (like I almost did). 

• Haha (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Am I the one that reads these rumor topics and skips all the comments? I only read the embedded tweets that people share from twitter 

Pretty much and just the GIF reactions 

idc what posters like Bills!Win! Or BarleyNY say 

• Haha (+1) 1