Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

11 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Dude Arizona has to accept the trade, they dgaf about that, what can kc offer them that is better than the bills? We have higher picks and better players we would be willing to part with 

So DHop has no influence in this…gotcha

Just now, HurlyBurly51 said:

So DHop has no influence in this…gotcha

He has to be willing to restructure, but you think he would really say sure I’ll do it for kc and not buffalo? You really think we are that much worse than kc? 

Just now, Bray Wyatt said:

He has to be willing to restructure, but you think he would really say sure I’ll do it for kc and not buffalo? You really think we are that much worse than kc? 

I don’t, but you asked what’s KC got.  No way to know what he’s thinking, but Reid, Mahomes, and defending Super Bowl champs could seem enticing as he enters the twilight of his career.

Just now, GolfandBills said:

He could also he be trying to get a team say KC more involved bully blowing this “smoke”

Is this a real answer? This isn’t free agency, what does dhop in actuality gain by this? He would have to really hate this bills to do this

Arizona might to try and get us to up the ante but dhop is unlikely 

10 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

yeah and he already seems willing to come to buffalo or there wouldn’t be this smoke

You're basically saying him posting a cryptic video, following Josh, and some low level reporters posting they're in confirms not only that we're definitely in but he's definitely agreeable to whatever we want to do with his contract.

Bit of a leap.

I'm not saying don't get excited or don't be hopeful. But right now if you're someone who's telling yourself that everything is confirmed, this is definitely happening, and everything's going to happen according to plan right now without a hiccup - you've worked yourself up to an unreasonable level right now.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Is this a real answer? This isn’t free agency, what does dhop in actuality gain by this? He would have to really hate this bills to do this

If KC knows Buffalo is really serious about getting him maybe they would be more willing to up their offer as well.  

5 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

You're basically saying him posting a cryptic video, following Josh, and some low level reporters posting they're in confirms not only that we're definitely in but he's definitely agreeable to whatever we want to do with his contract.

Bit of a leap.

I'm not saying don't get excited or don't be hopeful. But right now if you're someone who's telling yourself that everything is confirmed, this is definitely happening, and everything's going to happen according to plan right now without a hiccup - you've worked yourself up to an unreasonable level right now.

No one here thinks it's a definite happening. Why do you think everyone is still in this thread at 9:12 EST obsessively anticipating news and worrying about those dastardly Chiefs?

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

Bit of a leap.

Im not even saying we are trading for him haha

But more so the people that keep chiming in that he is going to kc

Now if he is traded, and goes to kc, and it’s in the range of what is being reported? It will be a colossal failure on our front office and I will begin to think they don’t have what it takes (I think some people are deep down hoping for this as they don’t like McD or beane)

Just now, Bray Wyatt said:

It has nothing to do with hating the Bills or their fans - it's just business. And it's not so different than Free Agency. He wants a deal done and to know his next team. And if he thinks a team is dragging their feet on a deal - it makes all the sense in the world that he might put out some smoke that he'd go elsewhere to get them to get motivated to pull the trigger.

• Disagree 1

33 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

you always bring so much to the board when you comment 😘

So what are your thoughts on this - you want him or no?

I gave my opinion a while back, lost somewhere in this mess. 

We’d be dominant and would only need the defense to force one punt a game 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

Hopkins missed parts of 2021 with Hamstring, but the more severe issue was a torn MCL he suffered late in the season. He played in 10 games.  Prior to the start of the 2022 season he was suspended for PED's. The substance he tested positive for was a Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator (SARM). SARM is considered an anabolic steroid, but with much fewer of the common side effects. It would seem likely Hopkins was using it as a way to accelerate his recovery from the MCL. That's my opinion. Anabolic steroids do not serve WR's well, ask David Boston. Jokes aside, they're generally not viewed as something that provides better flexibility which is a huge part of being a WR. That is why I feel like this was in attempt to recover from his injury. 

After he returned in 2022, he started 9 games and averaged just a hair shy of 80 yards per game. Slightly above his career averages. He accomplished this while having almost no QB credibility. Prior to 2021, Hopkins had a chance to start in 128 games, he started 126. His 77.9 yards per game career average is 7th all time. He is one of 4 WR's to maintain an average that high over 8 or more seasons. The other 3? Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, and Antonio Brown. Torry Holt is just behind his average and under Holt is Tyreek Hill. 

In sum, this isn't just a normal talent or a normal potential signing. Objectively, Hopkins is still one of the best players in the NFL and by my account we have very little reason to think he can't give us a healthy couple of years. He is not a #2 to Stephon, he has better numbers than Diggs in nearly every area imaginable. This is Buffalo having two elite #1's. He's also had some time off the last couple years for healing his body as a whole. He should be fresh and ready. 

GET IT DONE BBB!

100% this.  He popped dirty in Nov 2021.  The month before he had recurring hamstring issues, the month after is when the MCL tear happened.  Im not sure if the knee was something that nagged before it finally went, or if that was a sudden onset injury from 1 play.  Either way the dirty piss was dead middle of injuries that suck

With only a 2 week detection time, the Cardinals being 8-2 at the time, I think he rolled the dice trying to get healthy before a playoff run. Respectable if you ask me. Its a giant NBD

Edited by BillsShredder83
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GolfandBills said:

It sure seems like there’s going to be a lot of upset fan boys after this saga ends 

So, folks who ardently hope for a player that could palpably impact the teams' SB chances are "fan boys?"

The pejorative denigration says a lot about you.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1