Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

5 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

I feel like the longer it plays out Kansas City will swoop in and get him. If another team gets him fine I guess but beane can’t let him get to kc. It would just be devastating

This is just called ‘being a Bills fan.’  
Good news - you are normal!

31 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I find it interesting that there hasn't been a refute report. Often times when something gains some traction in the media that gets fans hyped up, we'll see one of our beat reporters say that the team has confirmed to them nothing is happening. I've been kind of waiting for that report to drop. But it hasn't.

Excellent point - I was thinking the same thing and hoping…..

7 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

I feel like the longer it plays out Kansas City will swoop in and get him. If another team gets him fine I guess but beane can’t let him get to kc. It would just be devastating

What can kc offer that’s better than what we can?

15 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Dude it’s already pretty much factually we are fully in on trying to acquire him. You still haven’t gotten past that point???

I don't think the level of reporters who have said we're in constitutes as "factual" evidence that we are. The most credible is a Houston Texans beat reporter with 95k followers.

Other than that it's been Pac-Man Jones' "sources" saying "this is what I think", NFLDraftDiamonds, and likewise "reporters" with very little clout.

I see the connections and why people are getting excited. I see things that are interesting. And I'm not trying to say there's no reason to be this way.

But until we either see the trade materialize, a Bills reporter confirming we're in the hunt, or someone like Schefter or Rappaport - I'd still be on the lookout for a refutal from the team.

Which, if you've noticed, I mentioned interestingly hasn't come yet.

4 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

What’s there to feel? I would cut off my right ball with a butter knife and not have another winning record for a decade for a SB. 57+ years without a Stanley cup or a football championship is fukking enough.

All I'm saying is this franchise is in the position to get multiple SBs 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Well if he wants to play with Mahomes and a team that has proven they can win Super Bowls….

Dude Arizona has to accept the trade, they dgaf about that, what can kc offer them that is better than the bills? We have higher picks and better players we would be willing to part with 

16 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Watch this turn into a fiasco similar to what's going on with Rodgers :doh:

Well, until we get confirmed reports he flew into Buffalo, spent a weekend with the coaches, and he goes on a talk show saying he wants to be a Bill and is just waiting for the deal to be done - I don't think the situations are remotely comparable.

If we're months into wondering when DHop is coming based off just the stuff in the past 24 hours - that would be embarrassing for everyone involved.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bray Wyatt said:

Dude Arizona has to accept the trade, they dgaf about that, what can kc offer them that is better than the bills? We have higher picks and better players we would be willing to part with 

DHop has to be willing though, given he’ll need to restructure his deal. So he definitely has a say. 

14 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

All I'm saying is this franchise is in the position to get multiple SBs 

I’ll start with one

4 minutes ago, Snappysnackcakes said:

Just one and I can finally have a remote chance to rest in peace. When the time comes, of course. 

Amen brother

Hopkins missed parts of 2021 with Hamstring, but the more severe issue was a torn MCL he suffered late in the season. He played in 10 games.  Prior to the start of the 2022 season he was suspended for PED's. The substance he tested positive for was a Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator (SARM). SARM is considered an anabolic steroid, but with much fewer of the common side effects. It would seem likely Hopkins was using it as a way to accelerate his recovery from the MCL. That's my opinion. Anabolic steroids do not serve WR's well, ask David Boston. Jokes aside, they're generally not viewed as something that provides better flexibility which is a huge part of being a WR. That is why I feel like this was in attempt to recover from his injury. 

After he returned in 2022, he started 9 games and averaged just a hair shy of 80 yards per game. Slightly above his career averages. He accomplished this while having almost no QB credibility. Prior to 2021, Hopkins had a chance to start in 128 games, he started 126. His 77.9 yards per game career average is 7th all time. He is one of 4 WR's to maintain an average that high over 8 or more seasons. The other 3? Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, and Antonio Brown. Torry Holt is just behind his average and under Holt is Tyreek Hill. 

In sum, this isn't just a normal talent or a normal potential signing. Objectively, Hopkins is still one of the best players in the NFL and by my account we have very little reason to think he can't give us a healthy couple of years. He is not a #2 to Stephon, he has better numbers than Diggs in nearly every area imaginable. This is Buffalo having two elite #1's. He's also had some time off the last couple years for healing his body as a whole. He should be fresh and ready. 

GET IT DONE BBB!

*edit => Probably not being fair to Diggs, the numbers are basically identical in every major category on a per game basis. Hopkins is a year and a half older. 

Edited by KzooMike
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3