Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

I just see no way the Chiefs let this happen.  

Feels like if they want him they’ll get him.  

However, winning 2 SBs may let them get complacent?  

If you’re him you’re choosing KC.  And make no mistake this is his choice    

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Not sure the situation losing Hyde, Poyer, Tre and Dawkins is as dire as you think.. these guys have all peaked and  are all getting reasonable coin and can be replaced.. preferably in the draft over the next few years, but even a couple in FA if need be.. Hopefully they can keep kicking that Salary Cap can down the road another few years..

I want them to do every thing they can also to maximise this window in the short term.. but not sure that D Hop is the  best answer.. he has got two years left in him at most...

I would rather Jeudy to be honest.. that connection is stone cold silent at the moment compared to this hype .. so that probably means its more likely to happen...

I’m talking about losing them because we had high level play from their positions.  When they leave, odds are, their replacements won’t be as good.  Getting less from our defense.  

looking 2 years down the road, who are the cornerstone defensive players we’ll be counting on?

will Milano still be all pro?  Will Rousseau reach an elite status?  Will Elam, Bernard, Hamlin, Benford become very good starters?   All that we’ve put into the DL and we have 1 building block on the DL.

in order to keep the defense solid, we’ll need to invest a lot of resources into it again soon.  Stack the O while the D still has very good talent and 4 all pro players.  

The opportunity to make a huge move has presented itself and the price doesn’t seem to be very high.  If the price was steep, walking away might be best, but it seems like it’s mainly future cap space.  Or play the waiting game and hope for some luck along the way.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

They have 5M in cap space.  

Who are they trading or restructuring?  They just did Mahomes a week or two ago. 

Edited by SCBills

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

So you’re saying that we have no chance. Thanks for making sense of this for everyone 

1 minute ago, Airseven said:

He should be a Chief. It makes too much sense.

Insufferable 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

So you’re saying that we have no chance. Thanks for making sense of this for everyone 

Insufferable 

The Chiefs simps on this board are so over the top. 

Heaven forbid they don’t have an elite WR to go with their elite DT, elite TE, elite OG and elite OT that they’ve paid.  

• Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

There is an ego with this plays. 

tell me DHop doesn’t look at Buffalo and say let me go there. Good shot to win already. And if we win the SB I will be talked about a a major reason after falling short before I got here. 

that is a huge ego and boost for the Hall. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

There is an ego with this plays. 

tell me DHop doesn’t look at Buffalo and say let me go there. Good shot to win already. And if we win the SB I will be talked about a a major reason after falling short before I got here. 

that is a huge ego and boost for the Hall. 

Ive thought this since yesterday.   

Does he want to win a SB here, become a legend or be the NFL KD ring chasing on a team that just did it? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillzFreak said:

Still at it lil guy, still not seeing any new or interesting creativity in you're troll posts. I said you fell off you're game awhile ago, and this post reaffirms it. I guess being a creative troll is just to dam hard for you. Sad times.

I put Airhead on ignore and you fellas keep quoting the dim little freak.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m talking about losing them because we had high level play from their positions.  When they leave, odds are, their replacements won’t be as good.  Getting less from our defense.  

looking 2 years down the road, who are the cornerstone defensive players we’ll be counting on?

will Milano still be all pro?  Will Rousseau reach an elite status?  Will Elam, Bernard, Hamlin, Benford become very good starters?   All that we’ve put into the DL and we have 1 building block on the DL.

in order to keep the defense solid, we’ll need to invest a lot of resources into it again soon.  Stack the O while the D still has very good talent and 4 all pro players.  

The opportunity to make a huge move has presented itself and the price doesn’t seem to be very high.  If the price was steep, walking away might be best, but it seems like it’s mainly future cap space.  Or play the waiting game and hope for some luck along the way.  

While I have some concerns, the Bills really do need to make a bold offensive move. Hopkins sure fits that bill. Getting his contract under the cap will cause some pain, even if Oliver is part of the trade. We’d put ourselves into a two year window before a partial reset. That probably makes a lot of sense for this regime. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah….  The WR draft class is pretty meh for those looking for a 1b/star WR2.  This is the best opportunity to get a massive upgrade.  

Is he the answer?  I think he’s an answer.  We can win it without a 1b.  Of the potential upgrade scenarios I can envision, this move would give us the best opportunity to win a Lombardi over the next two years.  I’m in favor of that

I was thinking find a player this year mid round who they feel can develop for  2a 2b 3  LOL

and look hard for the Diggs replacement in next years draft.
Not this season. But wish the next Leading WRs to come via the draft if possible.
 Answer ? Agreed. We are still in the window.

And lets us keep in mind McBeanes has always spoken of maintaining a contender long term. Viable playoff roster each season.

Hopkins is not the best answer. But he is an answer.

• Agree 1

the chiefs are definitely up to something. but who knows what. they cleared some cap space last week. they let juju walk, which was a fairly surprising move, especially considering what juju got from the pats. then they let hardman walk. not a huge surprise, but given what he got paid, you'd think a WR needy team like the chiefs would have kept him at that cost if they wanted him. As it stands, they have Toney, MVS, Skyy Moore and basically nobody else. That's a poverty wide receiving corps. Their likely 1st round draft pick is at tackle. Something doesn't seem right here. 

• Agree 1