Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

17 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Can anyone confirm this? Ive never heard it and it sounds insane.  Maybe this is for drugs, but that doesnt even sound right.  This sounds like NHL's rec drugs policy to me

Crap. I think I was quoting the old policy. The current CBA lists a six game suspension for a first offense of testing positive for an anabolic agent. LINK

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, NewEra said:

That’s the biggest question that I have and my only concern.  It’s a big concern though 

I cant remember exactly what it was but i remember it being a peptide (dude wasnt running a cycle), and i think it was a growth hormone secretagogue

EDIT: ostarine (mk2866), its a SARM. its an androgen, mimics testosterone.

You'll see studies saying its great for gaining lean muscle, these studies are almost always on AIDS patients, I dont see these being over relevant here.  In the bodybuilding community it is seen as a very very mild compound.  Bang for the buck, most guys arent bothering with it for size or strength (you can do much better for cheaper with test or other compounds).

Its taken orally.  The general consensus in the community is pretty much this:

Many users report Ostarines abilities to strengthen joints and tendons whilst granting them the ability to repair faster.

Unfortunately no clinical applications of any sort can back this proported benefit. That being said, my joints felt great on Ostarine, and many users use it strictly for its properties to heal muscle, joint, or tendon related injuries (or just to feel good).

I now everyone hates hearing this but these types of compounds are RAMPANTTTTTTTTTT in the NFL.  These guys bodies take a pounding in games, practice, add cardio and strength training outside normal hours. Its endless.  As these guys age, a mild SARM or growth secretogue can make joints tendons feel better to keep up with those routine, take less Veteran rest days etc etc.

It is what it is, a giant nothing burger.  The guys that grew up thinking Hulk Hogan got that way eating veggies and a balanced breakfast will never believe it, and thats fine. 

DHOP got overly aggressive in his regiment, or took risks using this stuff within a timeline he shouldnt have been.  Just a guy grinding through a tough injury, doing everything to get back out there as fast as possible and healthy.  Its a very very low concern IMO

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I cant remember exactly what it was but i remember it being a peptide (dude wasnt running a cycle), and i think it was a growth hormone secretagogue

You'll see studies saying its great for gaining lean muscle, these studies are almost always on AIDS patients, I dont see these being over relevant here.  In the bodybuilding community it is seen as a very very mild compound.  Bang for the buck, most guys arent bothering with it for size or strength (you can do much better for cheaper with test or other compounds).

I now everyone hates hearing this but these types of compounds are RAMPANTTTTTTTTTT in the NFL.  These guys bodies take a pounding in games, practice, add cardio and strength training outside normal hours. Its endless.  As these guys age, a mild SARM or growth secretogue can make joints tendons feel better to keep up with those routine, take less Veteran rest days etc etc.

It is what it is, a giant nothing burger.  The guys that grew up thinking Hulk Hogan got that way eating veggies and a balanced breakfast will never believe it, and thats fine. 

DHOP got overly aggressive in his regiment, or took risks using this stuff within a timeline he shouldnt have been.  Just a guy grinding through a tough injury, doing everything to get back out there as fast as possible and healthy.  Its a very very low concern IMO

I don't have the expertise to evaluate, but you sure as hell sound like you know what you're talking about.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

He mistimed it. Everyone takes stuff. They have a window where they know they aren't being tested. They don't even test LeBron in the NBA because they don't want to know the answer. It would ruin the game like it did in baseball 

Edited by KDIGGZ
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

The PED suspension is huge IMO. I love his talent and he still might have something left in the tank, but it’s a huge risk. The NFL’s policy is to put players in his situation on their enhanced (more frequent) testing program. Another positive test would result in another suspension.

The big question his PED use raises is why did he feel he needed them? If it’s to stay on top of his game, then what’s going to happen to his level of play without them? Was it to recover from injury? That’s not AS concerning, but it’s still a potential issue. As good as he’s been, this is a non-starter for me. The risk is too high.

Edit: It’s only Hopkins’ first positive test. CBA rules require a 6 game suspension for first positive test for anabolic agent. I was quoting the old CBA rules. 

Hopkins was on a 120 catch 1300+ pace after returning from PEDs. PED use can be for many things such as recovery. 

I have no concerns about it.

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Some of you could see a post on Hopkins social media of him in a Josh Allen Bills jersey eating a plate of Buffalo wings and say we're reading too much into it...

LOL

Where are wings from?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Hopkins was on a 120 catch 1300+ pace after returning from PEDs. PED use can be for many things such as recovery. 

Where are wings from?

B-Dubs and he's dipping them in ranch. I'm so confused.

Where are wings from?

a local dive bar! VERY local........................

Ostarine is for maintaining size while also cutting. They give it to aids and cancer patients so they don't wither away to nothing. He was probably let himself go a little bit in the off-season and wanted to lose 10 lbs without losing his size and strength. It's definitely a pretty mild PED as far as they go

17 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Jeudy would be preferable IMO. The Bills would have a guy in the pipeline to take over for Diggs. Hopkins is older than Diggs and puts more immediate cap pressure on the team. He’s probably just a one or two year player here. Obviously that’s worth it if we could win it all, but Jeudy is a better long term play IMO. I expect that right now Beane is working multiple WR avenues and that Hopkins and Jeudy are two of them (maybe all of them at this point). If I were the GM I’d be working it that way. 

KJ Hamler just tore his pec, so less likely the Broncos trade Jeudy.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

If the Bills pull this trade off I name the upcoming season "On Like A Mofo"! This thread is freaking killing me.....

This is the only trade and offseason move that can get me excited for the upcoming season. It’s the only way to improve our fire power. Heading into the draft. 

33 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

If the Bills land Hopkins, good luck trying to cover Diggs and Hopkins. If you guys land Hopkins, we are pretty much screwed. This signing has huge importance for this year. 

KC wouldn't be in at the current asking price and cap number...so no need to worry about the Chiefs here.  I know they were rumored to be interested...KC is rumored to be interested in every WR.  Having just had a season as the no.1 scoring O and won a super bowl with a hodge podge of WR, KC is gonig to roll with a roster building strategy of low cost WR options and use resources on areas that Mahomes can't directly impact as much or at all.  Not saying I wouldn't like Hopkins on the Chiefs...certainly i would but not for what AZ is asking and definitely not at his current salary.