Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

Allbright has been fairly well connected to Buffalo sources over the last few years, but just as a cautionary tale....ever since the new owners took over in Denver, Ben has been wrong A LOT about Broncos stuff....and he works for the team.  Seems like his new bosses have been feeding that guy bad info, intentionally, he runs out to twitter with it, then 15 minutes later, something completely contrary to what he's reported happens and he has to retract/walk back his tweets.  Doesn't mean he is wrong on Hopkins or that he still doesn't have some good connections with Bills people...but at least in Denver, he's been having a rough rough go of it since the start of last season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It is from today, not weeks ago.  Chiefs are not one of the two new teams entering the picture they are referencing.  And its on twitter too.

You’re both wrong. It’s from 2 days ago, dated Mar 21st. 

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

More teams entering the Hopkins sweepstakes allegedly too now...

https://lastwordonsports.com/nfl/2023/03/23/two-new-teams-in-deandre-hopkins-sweepstakes/

The Titans are the fakest "contender" team to ever exist.  If Hopkins actually wants to compete for a ring, there shouldn't be any way they are in the discussion. 

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

The Titans are the fakest "contender" team to ever exist.  If Hopkins actually wants to compete for a ring, there shouldn't be any way they are in the discussion. 

Agreed. 

He followed Allen on IG yesterday and posted that “Buffalo soldier” meme for a reason. He knows where he wants to go. 

• Agree 2

21 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

The PED suspension is huge IMO. The NFL keeps the first infraction private and no suspension is given. So he has had two positive tests. I love his talent and he still might have something left in the tank, but it’s a huge risk. The NFL’s policy is to put players in his situation on their enhanced (more frequent) testing program. Another positive test would result in another suspension.

The big question his PED use raises is why did he feel he needed them? If it’s to stay on top of his game, then what’s going to happen to his level of play without them? Was it to recover from injury? That’s not AS concerning, but it’s still a potential issue. As good as he’s been, this is a non-starter for me. The risk is too high.

Can anyone confirm this? Ive never heard it and it sounds insane.  Maybe this is for drugs, but that doesnt even sound right.  This sounds like NHL's rec drugs policy to me

13 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Allbright has been fairly well connected to Buffalo sources over the last few years, but just as a cautionary tale....ever since the new owners took over in Denver, Ben has been wrong A LOT about Broncos stuff....and he works for the team.  Seems like his new bosses have been feeding that guy bad info, intentionally, he runs out to twitter with it, then 15 minutes later, something completely contrary to what he's reported happens and he has to retract/walk back his tweets.  Doesn't mean he is wrong on Hopkins or that he still doesn't have some good connections with Bills people...but at least in Denver, he's been having a rough rough go of it since the start of last season.

If the Bills land Hopkins, good luck trying to cover Diggs and Hopkins. If you guys land Hopkins, we are pretty much screwed. This signing has huge importance for this year. 

7 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

I think your disdain should be with the people that selected him.  

I don't have any disdain, not really.  Just trying to be a joker.  It's true though, it might be my 2nd least favorite Beane pick his tenure.  The first being Cody Ford over DK. 

Edited by Bruffalo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Let's put it this way, if this doesn't happen I think the Bills offense is going to look a lot worse than people might want to believe and you will have Diggs double teamed and then pleading to be traded (even though they can't due to cap hit). I'd argue that WR2 is sneaky biggest need on this team

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, KDIGGZ said:

Let's put it this way, if this doesn't happen I think the Bills offense is going to look a lot worse than people might want to believe and you will have Diggs double teamed and then pleading to be traded (even though they can't due to cap hit). I'd argue that WR2 is sneaky biggest need on this team

I don't think that the need is "sneaky" at all.