Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

2 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

yep, doesnt fit a rebuild really. and even if he did, its a dogfart start as a first piece

Oliver is still young and at 25 is just going into his prime. Another coordinator may feel he was just type cast wrong in our defense and a change in scenery could bring the dominant dtackle everyone saw in college. He has had glimpses at times with us. Personally, I wouldn't be sad if we kept him. I feel like he plays his butt off for a big contract somewhere else in fa this year if he stays with us. 

Edited by dje85
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, dje85 said:

Oliver is still young and at 25 is just going into his prime. Another coordinator may feel he was just type cast wrong in our defense. 

He would be a MASSIVE upgrade for AZ 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dje85 said:

Oliver is still young and at 25 is just going into his prime. Another coordinator may feel he was just type cast wrong in our defense. 

You know there is a GM wanting Oliver but not with a high pick.

Also that was the same talk about Oliver coming out of college. He is what he is at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

You know there is a GM wanting Oliver but not with a high pick.

Also that was the same talk about Oliver coming out of college. He is what he is at this point.

I don't disagree with anything you are saying but sometimes a change in scenery is all a player needs. For example, Hughes was meh before we traded for him.  I know that was more snap count usage issues but maybe that's Oliver's biggest issue as well. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

I just don't see how Buffalo doesn't make this work unless he's asking for some renegotiated contract and wanting crazy money.  Where there's smoke there's fire.  Beane needs to do whatever it takes to get this done.  Offense wins SB;s now days, we've spent years trying to build an elite defense to win and it hasn't happened.  Add Hopkins and then spend the draft adding a LB and DT depth.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Hold up with a trade could be Oliver signing an extension with Arizona. 

Wouldn’t the smart play be for Arizona to trade Hopkins to Buffalo for Oliver and some random draft pick… Let Oliver play out this year and leave in free agency.. Comp pick?? 

Sorry, I keep seeing comp pick comments all over and I wanted to join in😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Floridagatorsbuffalobills said:

I just don't see how Buffalo doesn't make this work unless he's asking for some renegotiated contract and wanting crazy money.  Where there's smoke there's fire.  Beane needs to do whatever it takes to get this done.  Offense wins SB;s now days, we've spent years trying to build an elite defense to win and it hasn't happened.  Add Hopkins and then spend the draft adding a LB and DT depth.  

And Ben seems more connected into OBD than most. He had the Allen pick in Feb. 

3 minutes ago, dje85 said:

Oliver is still young and at 25 is just going into his prime. Another coordinator may feel he was just type cast wrong in our defense and a change in scenery could bring the dominant dtackle everyone saw in college. He has had glimpses at times with us. Personally, I wouldn't be sad if we kept him. I feel like he plays his butt off for a big contract somewhere else in fa this year if he stays with us. 

Oliver has been an above-average to good player at times. He just never has had that break out to "Pro Bowl" caliber player we all wanted him to be. I expected some growing pains his rookie year and during the 2020 Covid season and then in 2021 he was out of position due to the poor NT play. I thought in 2022 he would finally have that breakout playing back at the 3 tech but he didn't get there. Still hope he can take that next step but it just hasn't happened.

• Like (+1) 4

I'm hoping that, if nothing else, the Bills being in on Hopkins means they recognize the need for a bona fide #2 WR. 

If they feel the need is sufficient to consider trading for a Deandre Hopkins, then they must feel it's a fairly big need indeed. That being the case, hopefully they spend high draft capital on the position if the Nuke trade doesn't come through.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

KC now has lost JuJu and Hardman, and lost some other key players on both sides of the ball.  With or without Hopkins, Bills were already likely going to field the better offense again this year.  

Nope, until proven otherwise kc is still better on offense with coaching, in the trenches and at QB.

Those 3 areas need to show marked improvement before juju and hardman departures are material to the comparison. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I'm hoping that, if nothing else, the Bills being in on Hopkins means they recognize the need for a bona fide #2 WR. 

If they feel the need is sufficient to consider trading for a Deandre Hopkins, then they must feel it's a fairly big need indeed. That being the case, hopefully they spend high draft capital on the position if the Nuke trade doesn't come through.

Exactly. And even if we get Hopkins, I still want to draft a high-ceiling WR for the future as we can't have our two best receivers on the wrong side of 30 with no one in the pipeline. Always be developing WRs...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2