Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

7 hours ago, BearNorth said:

As a lifelong Bills fan, the best offense in the NFL today has to include (1) Andy Reid (2) Kelce, and (3) Mahomes, they are the new Brady/Gronk.  Until you can matchup with that trio you're not the best. Reid's play design and play calling is on a whole other level than the rest of the league.

Except the Bills beat them 2 out of the last 3 times, all in KC, and Bills really should be 3-0 if not for ST blunder with 13 seconds left.  And that is before they would have gotten Hopkins.  And Bills have finished ahead of them offensively 2 of the last 3 years, with the only year not ahead of them being this past season where KC and Bills were 1 and 2 and separated by just over a half a point.

KC now has lost JuJu and Hardman, and lost some other key players on both sides of the ball.  With or without Hopkins, Bills were already likely going to field the better offense again this year.  And with Hopkins, we would be entering the new season as the favorites to field the highest scoring offense in the NFL especially since we have been no lower than 3rd the last 3 years and have upgraded already at a number of spots on offense regardless if we also get Hopkins.

They may be the team to beat until proven otherwise, but we would be the odds on favorites to field the top offense again this season if we land Hopkins.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Basham + Oliver + a 5th for Hopkins with a good amount of $$$ retained, reworked deal and a Dlineman on Cards? 

No way they take on Ed's pay. Boogie and a 2024 3rd conditional 2nd

Edited by nosejob
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, gjv said:

We need to put real playmakers around Josh. If Hopkins is to rich for our blood then let’s get Josh the best playmaker in the draft, Bijan Robinson. Not only a Barkley clone, but an outstanding receiver.

I would rather go WR/OL than RB, I don't think Robinson is as elite as Barkley was coming out of college and I think Cook/Harris/Hines is a solid RB trio. The Bills would get far more mileage out of pick 27 by protecting Josh or getting him a young receiving option that can be there for 8 years or getting him a young protector at RT to improve the O-line. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

KC now has lost JuJu and Hardman, and lost some other key players on both sides of the ball.  With or without Hopkins, Bills were already likely going to field the better offense again this year.  And with Hopkins, we would be entering the new season as the favorites to field the highest scoring offense in the NFL especially since we have been no lower than 3rd the last 3 years and have upgraded already at a number of spots on offense regardless if we also get Hopkins.

They may be the team to beat until proven otherwise, but we would be the odds on favorites to field the top offense again this season if we land Hopkins.

As it stands, I think we're pretty close. 

Chiefs OL vs Bills OL (Chiefs)

Kelce = Diggs

MVS/Moore/Toney etc vs Knox/Davis/Harty etc (Bills)

Chiefs RB's vs Bills RB's (Bills)

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

I would rather go WR/OL than RB, I don't think Robinson is as elite as Barkley was coming out of college and I think Cook/Harris/Hines is a solid RB trio. The Bills would get far more mileage out of pick 27 by protecting Josh or getting him a young receiving option that can be there for 8 years or getting him a young protector at RT to improve the O-line. 

Agreed.  No chance were going RB in the first. 

• Agree 2