Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

It’s going to cost pick 27.  

I’m good with that.  

it’s already been reported they aren’t going to get the 2nd + that they wanted. It’ll be closer to the 5th + 6th that Cooks went for.

I say have them retain a lot of $ and give em Oliver + 3rd and maybe toss in a late rounder

Just now, mikemac2001 said:

Lol no it isn’t 

it’s a 2nd or less 

You really think pick 57 or whatever is?  The Chiefs would trade 31 and wouldn’t think twice and you’d be livid.  

I’d be STUNNED if it’s just a 2nd.  

• Vomit 1

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

You really think pick 57 or whatever is?  The Chiefs would trade 31 and wouldn’t think twice and you’d be livid.  

I’d be STUNNED if it’s just a 2nd.  

Most recent reports are Hopkins will return close to what Cooks did. So your looking at a 4th at the absolute max. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

it’s already been reported they aren’t going to get the 2nd + that they wanted. It’ll be closer to the 5th + 6th that Cooks went for.

The Bills can give them back the 5th round pick they gave the Bills for the Cody Ford trade!!🤣🤣

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Most recent reports are Hopkins will return close to what Cooks did. So your looking at a 4th at the absolute max. 

I’m not buying that - it sounds like AZ wants a bidding war between the AFC powerhouses.  

Nuke >>>>> Cooks.  That just doesn’t make sense.  I mean I’ll gladly do it.  Just would be shocked.  

In fact that’s probably a hold up if there is one.   Discussions of teams offering a 2nd; would Nuke go to that team?  Etc.  

It seems unlikely they would do this after already signing Harty and Sherfield. They also still have Shakir. If they got Hopkins it was because they already decided not to extend Gabe Davis so at that point why not trade him? Giants would probably give us a solid draft pick for him. Sherfield would be the #3 guy then which makes sense, same role as Miami.

And to the people saying it would cost the Bills a high draft pick for Hopkins... absolutely not. It would likely be like a 3rd or 4th rounder which they could get for Gabe as he is on his rookie deal

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

It seems unlikely they would do this after already signing Harty and Sherfield. They also still have Shakir. If they got Hopkins it was because they already decided not to extend Gabe Davis so at that point why not trade him? Giants would probably give us a solid draft pick for him. Sherfield would be the #3 guy then which makes sense, same role as Miami.

And to the people saying it would cost the Bills a high draft pick for Hopkins... absolutely not. It would likely be like a 3rd or 4th rounder which they could get for Gabe as he is on his rookie deal

I like Shakir and the signings….but hanging your hat on those guys really isn’t inspiring.

acquiring Hopkins would be a massive boost for the vision and drive of this team going forward.

the argument can be made Hopkins is still a top 5 WR, along with Diggs. He hasn’t had real strong QB play since Watson

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Agree 2

Should not take a 1st but Hopkins is on a different tier than perennial very good but never amazing Brandin Cooks. Hopkins was on the fast track to all-time elite status up until about 2 years ago. People underrate Nuk and seem to think he's lost a step, but I also think people tend to overrate an always serviceable Brandin Cooks. Diggs-Hopkins would be the best tandem in the league. Yes, even over Cincy.

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I like Shakir and the signings….but hanging your hat on those guys really isn’t inspiring.

acquiring Hopkins would be a massive boost for the vision and drive of this team going forward.

the argument can be made Hopkins is still a top 5 WR, along with Diggs. He hasn’t had real strong QB play since Watson

I get it but the point is that it leaves Gabe on the outside looking in which is fine but I think at that point he's more valuable to this team as a trade asset than as a rotational backup WR. I don't see how all of those guys see the field

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I get it but the point is that it leaves Gabe on the outside looking in which is fine but I think at that point he's more valuable to this team as a trade asset than as a rotational backup WR. I don't see how all of those guys see the field

I'm pretty sure it would be Shakir that would be on the outside looking in....not Davis.

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

Diggs

Hopkins

Davis
Harty > McKenzie & Brown

Sherfield > Crowder & Kumerow

Shakir

In this scenario going into the draft, I’d consider offering Gabe Davis + #27 to move up for JSN.  He can make an immediate impact…while learning from Diggs and Hop

If not, Davis is a very good WR 3 and seemed to be most effective when rotating in and seeing time in the slot

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

there’s no way it was a coincidence.

1.) He heard Bills interest and wanted to have some fun trolling fans

or

2.) He knows he’s about to be traded to Buffalo

He doesn’t have to be “trolling” anyone. He’s heard that Bills are interested and is just promoting the idea because he wants out of Arizona. What does he care if people read into it too much?

• Like (+1) 2