Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

😈😈😈

Gabe Davis and a 3rd for Hopkins (10 million retained / extended 1-2 years)

Oliver traded for a 3rd
DaQuan Jones extended
Dawkins and Morse restructured

OBJ Signed  2 years 12 mil 
Draft Jalin Hyatt 

😍😍😍

Diggs

Hopkins

OBJ

Hyatt

Harty

Sherfield

Shakir

😂🤣

in the huddle all together now   "JOSH GIMME THE BALL!!!!!" 

Could actually happen:

Diggs

Hopkins

Davis
Hyatt

Harty

Sherfield

Shakir

6 WR active.  Cycle through them during the game 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

Bills need to get younger and need cheap rookie contracts. Hopkins still has something left and he’ll be a contributor for another team next season. He doesn’t make sense for the Bills. I wouldn’t want anything to do with Beckham either, but obviously he’d have an effective role on the Chiefs.

• Agree 1

Just now, Airseven said:

Bills need to get younger and need cheap rookie contracts. Hopkins still has something left and he’ll be a contributor for another team next season. He doesn’t make sense for the Bills. I wouldn’t want anything to do with Beckham either, but obviously he’d have an effective role on the Chiefs.

The problem is, the Bills don't like to play rookies right away to contribute

We can do both.   1 of Hopkins/OBJ  and draft a WR early 

• Thank you (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

The guy has a real connection to the Bills

Not really…. I remember he reported that Shaq Lawson was signing with the Bills shortly before the playoffs in 2021.  No other media member wouldn’t comment on it - likely because it wasn’t happening…and it didn’t.

Take anything that Bills bloggers report with a grain of sand

10 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

How many of the FA moves the Bills have actually made has reported rumors of so far?

Zero

Not only would Bills have to give up draft pick (s) for Hopkins,they would be on the hook for nearly 20 million this year,and 15 in 2024.

At this point Buffalo has cap space to pay their draft picks and practice squad. And a couple cheap free agents.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Sure it does, (ankle) if he can’t move towards the ball effectively it will have that sort of effect, that and you can’t run because you are likely kinda old and fat, 😂

Definitely old but no one has ever called me fat before. Gabe dropped balls because he has poor hands and concentration, nothing to do with his ankle. Maybe he has a bad left eye like I do, that really ***** up my depth perception. People gotta stop making excuses for this guy, you either get the job done or you don’t.

I have also been pretty slow my whole life but am pretty fast for my age now. Haven’t really lost much of a step

Edited by BananaB
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsSbSoon said:

not the main guy anymore? Not saying he has a lot of years left but the narrative going around that he is washed is funny to me. When he came back from the suspension he put up dhop numbers. If he goes to the chiefs that’s going to be devastating

I think saying a guy is a number 2 is pretty far from saying he's washed. He's a number two because I don't think he's going to be healthy for entire seasons anymore.

3 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I think saying a guy is a number 2 is pretty far from saying he's washed. He's a number two because I don't think he's going to be healthy for entire seasons anymore.

I’m not saying you just saying in general I’ve seen ppl say he’s washed. As soon as he came back from the suspension he was the same dhop. Imagine what he could do with josh.

Edited by BillsSbSoon

11 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

From a pure football standpoint - Hopkins in KC would be a blast/nightmare.  Imagine trying to cover Nucky and Kelce on a scramble drill...

Just like when Moss went to the patriots I jokingly told my pats friend, “Well they’re going undefeated this year.” The same would Happen to the chiefs with that caliber of offense 

Edited by Bills!Win!

The way I look at it, we know Hopkins, Jeudy, and OBJ are available. If we don't end up with one of them I consider the offseason mostly a failure. Improving the depth on the offense, but failing to improve the #2 WR when better options are available, would constitute a failure IMO.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

19 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The way I look at it, we know Hopkins, Jeudy, and OBJ are available. If we don't end up with one of them I consider the offseason mostly a failure. Improving the depth on the offense, but failing to improve the #2 WR when better options are available, would constitute a failure IMO.

Agree

24 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yep, I’m not sure how we compete with Cinci/KC without a #2 . Preferably Hopkins though, he commands enough to free up Diggs. 
If KC lands Hopkins I’m going to go hulk smash mode. 

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

Yep, I’m not sure how we compete with Cinci/KC without a #2 . Preferably Hopkins though, he commands enough to free up Diggs. 
If KC lands Hopkins I’m going to go hulk smash mode. 

How are the BIlls supposed to stop two other NFL franchises from completing a trade? They can't stop the Jets from trading for Aaron Rodgers. They couldn't stop the Dolphins from trading for Hill. If the deals are similar, I would think that the Cardinals would go to Hopkins and ask him for his choice. He would probably choose KC because

• He would be WR #1
  • Better chance to win a SB on the defending SB champs
  • Wouldn't have to deal with 70-inch snowstorms.

Sure, the BIlls could probably get Hopkins right not for Oliver and #27, but that would be a massive overpay. Is that what you want Beane to do?