Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

20 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

The Score's Jordan Schultz reports that the Cardinals plan to trade DeAndre Hopkins this offseason.

i’ve been telling my buddies for the last month that if we could just get DeAndre Hopkins to be our 1b to Stefon Diggs 1a we would be set at receiver next year. Gabe Davis can then flourish as the third guy like he used to. And we know DeAndre Hopkins has some of the best hands this league has ever seen.

Then the draft would be Offensive line galore with a sprinkle of secondary help 

How many draft picks are you giving up for DeAndre Hopkins?  And not enough balls to go around to satisfy both Diggs and Hopkins.  Davis might as well not even dress if those two are playing.  Don't forget about Shakir.  He may have more upside then Gabe.  Just saying.

• Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

How many draft picks are you giving up for DeAndre Hopkins?  And not enough balls to go around to satisfy both Diggs and Hopkins.  Davis might as well not even dress if those two are playing.  Don't forget about Shakir.  He may have more upside then Gabe.  Just saying.

It will work out. I’m not an OC but having Diggs and Hopkins is a good problem to have as your 1 and 2 with a pass first team. Davis fits the 3rd WR deep threat mold (he’s proven that). Shakir will take over as the 4th WR and could overtake Davis if he doesn’t ascend. McKenzie will be back to his gadget mode where he’s best and hopefully the OC gets Hynes and Cook in space more too. I’m ok having these problems if we have the right OC to be creative enough to make it work.

Hill and Waddle move aside there’s a new dynamic duo in the AFC beast 

31 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

All depends on what we can get him for.  Chase and Higgins share the vast majority of catches in Cincy (both over 1K yards) with Tyler Boyd at WR3 putting up basically what we get out of Davis.

I can imagine they'd want more than we could realistically offer, but like Beane said regarding OBJ, he always takes a look, so I don't count anything out until he says flat-out says they're out.

1 hour ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Yes there are.  Diggs could still hit 100 receptions and Hopkins 85 or so.  Gabe would be left open every play with Diggs and Hopkins 

23 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

As long as he doesn’t get paid more than Diggs I think it’ll be fine. We would be set for the next few years while we’re in prime dynasty window. Josh needs reliability outside of Diggs and this would be it

diggs is on a fairly friendly deal, Dhop is gunna want to be highest paid. will never happen, as erotic sounding as it is

18 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Would take him in a second but one of two things is going to need to happen.  The Cards are going to have to eat a big portion of his contract pre June 1st or the Bills are going to have to send a substantial player back to help cover the cap space post June 1st.

Bills should 100% be looking into Hopkins, Mike Evans. Michael Thomas and Brandin Cooks in the off season via trade 

nooooooooooooooooooo thankkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

17 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

It's the right idea. Beane should be laser focused on getting another elite WR in Buffalo. 

Getting another legitimate #1 WR in here. 

Crystalizes the depth chart. 

But what do the Cardinals want?

They got him for a 2nd and David Johnson. 

A single 2nd Round pick? Intriguing, we've taken Ford, Epenesa, Basham, Cook. 

But he wants a new deal, and that's probably the killer. 

still the most mind blowing trade in recent memory

45 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

Jakobi Meyers would cost less and is a FA.  Pair him with Diggs while having Gabe  stretch the field would be deadly. 

I agree, Meyers is a sneaky good WR. Greg Dortch is a slot guy that is only 24 and could be a long term slot answer yet not sure if he's an UFA or RFA since he didn't play in 2020.

3 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

It will work out. I’m not an OC but having Diggs and Hopkins is a good problem to have as your 1 and 2 with a pass first team. Davis fits the 3rd WR deep threat mold (he’s proven that). Shakir will take over as the 4th WR and could overtake Davis if he doesn’t ascend. McKenzie will be back to his gadget mode where he’s best and hopefully the OC gets Hynes and Cook in space more too. I’m ok having these problems if we have the right OC to be creative enough to make it work.

Hill and Waddle move aside there’s a new dynamic duo in the AFC beast 

You act as if there's a chance of this. 

I mean, it's not flat-out impossible, but it isn't the type of deal they do for many reasons, money, picks, and not enough balls for both guys. His age. The probability he'd be a very expensive rental, which they don't give valuable picks for. Likelihood extremely low.

It's fun to imagine, so there's that.

Edited by Thurman#1

On 1/10/2023 at 5:09 PM, MJS said:

I think it's a little too reckless, personally.

Diggs was seen as a good receiver, a potential #1, before he got here. He hadn't made a pro bowl. Now he is seen as a truly elite #1 receiver.

Find someone like the pre-Bills Diggs. Someone who clearly has potential, but hasn't realized it fully yet.

Like Justin Jefferson, you think the Vikes know what they got there?

But seriously...we do need a decent sized reciever who catches at least 80% of catchable balls and that ain't Davis, much as we all hoped.

Edited by foreboding

6 hours ago, ddaryl said:

You saw what our class of WRs did this year outside of Diggs... that's a really low bar for a top drafted WR to overcome IMO

I was responding to a post that was in favor of signing Hopkins, but cutting ties with Edmunds and drafting a rookie to replace him and using the money saved on Edmunds to afford Hopkins.  We weren't talking about rookie WR, but was about rookie MLB. 

2 hours ago, DasNootz said:

Jakobi Meyers would cost less and is a FA.  Pair him with Diggs while having Gabe  stretch the field would be deadly. 

Jakobi is gonna get a Christian Kirk style payday. He has spent 4 years on UDFA money. He is gonna take the biggest offer he gets and someone will throw $$s at him.

• Agree 1

Hopkins is just an old cash register wanting to go "cha-ching" one more time.

Would Arizona accept a sweet sweet bag of Cool Ranch Doritos for him?

If not, I think I'd pass.  Let someone else WAY overpay for him.

Now, if they cut him and he comes in for a decent deal, then I would think about him. 

13 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I was responding to a post that was in favor of signing Hopkins, but cutting ties with Edmunds and drafting a rookie to replace him and using the money saved on Edmunds to afford Hopkins.  We weren't talking about rookie WR, but was about rookie MLB. 

My appologies...  when there is multiple pages I sometimes lose track.... as I skim through it with the OP original post in mind