Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

2 hours ago, Simon said:

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

Sorry boss I don’t know how to go back and edit titles because I don’t create new threads often but can you just call it Hopkins may be traded?

Edited by NeverOutNick
  • Like (+1) 1

• Simon changed the title to Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?
3 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

As long as he doesn’t get paid more than Diggs I think it’ll be fine. We would be set for the next few years while we’re in prime dynasty window. Josh needs reliability outside of Diggs and this would be it

Typically WR2's only get one contract unless they get promoted to WR1 and you replace them in the draft...see Robert Woods.

Not enough money to give a big contract to a WR2.

Only positions that typically see big contracts on elite teams are:

QB 

WR1 

TE1 

LT 

C/G(maybe) 

DE 

DT(maybe) 

CB 

MLB(maybe)

Edited by Big Turk

Just now, GolfandBills said:

We’d have to release half the roster lol

And Hopkins isn’t worth that. My guess is that GB might be a target destination for him and that would help Rodgers keep his mouth shut on the FO not surrounding him with any weapons. 

2 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I would love this if it happened. 

It won’t. Beane isn’t trading for a 31 year old WR who’s guaranteed 30 million next year. 

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

And Hopkins isn’t worth that. My guess is that GB might be a target destination for him and that would help Rodgers keep his mouth shut on the FO not surrounding him with any weapons. 

It won’t. Beane isn’t trading for a 31 year old WR who’s guaranteed 30 million next year. 

Bean does some Magical things, but I agree, it probably won't happen. He'd be the # 2 we'd need though. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but because Hopkins had a 27 mil signing bonus isn’t he only owed $34 million over the next 2 years or $17mil/year? That’s actually reasonable if he’d be willing to stick it out and not renegotiate

Hopkins has a no trade clause. So I doubt he’d be willing to come to Buffalo or really almost anywhere without getting a new contract as a condition of him waiving his no trade. 

4 hours ago, MJS said:

I think it's a little too reckless, personally.

Diggs was seen as a good receiver, a potential #1, before he got here. He hadn't made a pro bowl. Now he is seen as a truly elite #1 receiver.

Find someone like the pre-Bills Diggs. Someone who clearly has potential, but hasn't realized it fully yet.

He was seen in league circles as a guy who was a #1.  The draft capital the Bills spent on Diggs is not given up for a potential #1.   Diggs was stuck in a run first offense and getting him in a passing offense would allow him to be himself.  

Would take him in a second but one of two things is going to need to happen.  The Cards are going to have to eat a big portion of his contract pre June 1st or the Bills are going to have to send a substantial player back to help cover the cap space post June 1st.

Bills should 100% be looking into Hopkins, Mike Evans. Michael Thomas and Brandin Cooks in the off season via trade