The Importance of Von Miller

Pasaluki

17 hours ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Regarding your statement in bold, sorry if I may have missed something, but I don't understand what it's about? I wasn't discounting any stats at all about anything. Not sure if you may have meant that for someone else or not? Lol

As for the rest, I didn't say it was "solely" the Bills game making Rams season bad. I said it may have set the tone a bit. I think Bills surprised them a bit and they didn't expect quite that bad of a beat down. 

All good, my original point was the comment (I think you made but could be wrong) that the Bills faced Bears and Jets after Vons injury implying the stats being a little better because of competition quality.  And my counter is the Bills played some bad teams before Vons injury too, so that balances out.  

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

All good, my original point was the comment (I think you made but could be wrong) that the Bills faced Bears and Jets after Vons injury implying the stats being a little better because of competition quality.  And my counter is the Bills played some bad teams before Vons injury too, so that balances out.  

Yeah you're mistaken, definitely wasn't me. Not a comment I would make. All good though

Just now, The 9 Isles said:

He would have made a huge difference today. No way their QB gets away with some of the stuff he did in the second half with Miller getting after him. 

Yeah, he's going to be badly missed in every game going forward. :(

• Agree 4

On 1/11/2023 at 2:38 AM, Patrick Duffy said:

I don't know about overestimated, but I will say imo the loss of Hyde is a little bit more worse than Miller.

Today, we have limited pass rush from our front four.....A 3rd string QB was sitting back and throwing comfortably.  If his WRs did not drop passes, he could easily have had 350 yards.   We had to use blitzes by the LB and Safety to put some pressure.  Von was definitely missed on this day

• Agree 1

On 1/10/2023 at 12:58 PM, Nextmanup said:

I think his value to the team is greatly overestimated by most fans.

Of any big name we had to lose for the playoff run, he'd be the first name I'd choose.

EASILY THE SECOND LEAST PLAYER WE COULD HAVE AFFORDED TO LOSE THIS SEASON. HA! 

Edited by Thrivefourfive

2 hours ago, Simon said:

Yeah, he's going to be badly missed in every game going forward. :(

If we don’t hoist the Lombardy, this will be the most often lament … however, I think the current D is better than last year’s, at least 13 seconds better 😎

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.