Bills with third least offseason resources (cap space, draft capital, prorateable $)

beebe

On 1/10/2023 at 4:01 PM, Mark Vader said:

So, we are alright?

Oh yeah, definitely…, 

😂

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Edmunds is a stud, if your still arguing he isnt one of the best LBs in football...then I dunno what to tell you. Agree to disagree (but you are wrong lol).

Groot is great. All metrics show him as a top DE in football. 

Ill take a JAG who gets 8 sacks a year as a rotational player. 

Oliver is a game changer. Again, dont know what to tell you. 

Actually...I dont even know why I responded to this. It is obvious that you are a casual fan who looks at box scores and must not watch football/listen to those who study film league wide. Good day to you and GO BILLS! 

Hey, to each his own, but you gotta take off the homer glasses my man…no one around the league sees those players the way you described…

You claim they are great yet I guarantee you would never be able to get a first round pick for them…and that should tell you everything you need to know…👍

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Superstar QB, yes… but pro bowl is popularity contest, not really based on how well you play…Remember when Tyrod made the pro bowl? 

Other positions you mentioned are projections or hopes that we all have, not necessarily what is the case…

We HOPE Cook will take another step and upgrade our running game…

We HOPE Groot can be great, but at the moment he is just a solid player…

We have two rotational DEs who we HOPE can improve, because right now they are JAGs…

Which DT are you referring to as dominant? Oliver is solid, but certainly not a game changer- which is how I define as dominant…

”Probable” starting CB? Well, every team has two, so that’s not much of an accomplishment…Same with TE…Who cares if Knox starts, if it’s just because we don’t have anything better? Knox is just an average player to me…

Superstar QB

Cook as RB1 next year is projection, agreed, but I think he's showing enough to warrant a lot of confidence in that projection. 

DE's take time.  It just is what it is.  Rousseau is currently on track.. but it remains to be seen if he can make the jump from above average to elite.  Having, most likely, two more years with Von certainly helps.

Agreed.  Epenesa and Basham are rotational DE's.  You can use guys like that.  However, to use back to back 2nd Round Picks on them, in hindsight, not looking awesome so far. 

Everyone knows my feelings on Oliver.  Won't beat that dead horse.   You are correct here. 

I think we're pretty solid at CB moving forward.  Can't guarantee White bounces back to All-Pro level, but if he's going to get close to that, it will happen next year.  After him we have two young CB's on rookie contracts for the next 3 years... both have potential.  

Disagree with you on Knox.  He's above average.. and I think still has another level to get to depending on usage. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Hey, to each his own, but you gotta take off the homer glasses my man…no one around the league sees those players the way you described…

You claim they are great yet I guarantee you would never be able to get a first round pick for them…and that should tell you everything you need to know…👍

I actually apologize. I should not have used that tone. I should offer helpful suggestions to improve your viewing and analysis (IF you desire). 

Its not about being a homer. Its actually looking at metrics and film to support or disprove original looks and opinions. The metrics and film DO SHOW Groot and Oliver being absolute game wreckers. I won't argue about it because it is literal fact. It isnt my opinion, it's shown in the metrics and film. 

Some good places to start, again, if you desire...DVOA, the folks over at Cover 1 (website and twitter) and Joe Marino's podcast Locked On Bills. 

Go Bills! 

11 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Also....yes a lot of my takes on our picks are somewhat based off projections. Thats how you should view 1st/2nd year players. Especially those taken in later rounds. 

Example, Taron Johnson. 4th round pick in 2018. If we talked about him in 2020 I would guess you would say hes a JAG. Look at him now. One of the absolute best slot corners in the league. We have to project these guys and say "Beane might have hit another one out of park". Sure there are some picks that the jury is way out on (Basham as a 2nd rounder, Bernard this year, etc.). But there is ALOT of starting production being fielded on the best graded team in football that Beane drafted and our staff developed. 

Edited by PaattMaann
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Sir, it’s tre white he’s not getting cut. It’s like all of a sudden people forget the player that he was before the injury. It takes a while to recover from that.

I always try to add "if he doesn't regain his explosiveness". If he does there's 0 problem here. He's still quite obviously got his skill and instinct

19 hours ago, SCBills said:

CB1 is not a glaring need .. in fact, there is zero reason we should be drafting a corner. 

White, Elam, Benford and Jackson are all under contract .. the first 3 for multiple seasons beyond this year.  

Dane Jackson is a RFA next spring.  he will no doubt need a 2nd round tender to keep.  Not sure if he will be worth the money.

I could see another CB drafted, but in the later rounds.

8 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

Superstar QB, pro bowl MLB, starting RB for next year, starting slot/#2 WR for next year, possible starting RT, great DE (Groot), starting slot CB (arguably top 3 in league), two rotational DEs, starting dominant DT, probable starting CB next year, starting TE...

Some people expect GMs to hit EVERY SINGLE draft pick..thats not realistic. We have a ***** ton of drafted impact starters on this team. What more do you want from this GM? 

Do you get a key to Springfield for being such a Homer or is it just a theoretical type of honor?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.