John Brown Leads the Charge of the Reunited Feels So Good Gang

JESSEFEFFER

Shaq Lawson, Jordan Phillips, Dean Marlowe, Bobby Hart, AJ Klein, Matt Barkley, Taiwan Jones, Cole Beasley and John Brown.  Maybe I am missing someone.  This seems like an unusual amount of players for a 13 and 3 team to have on their roster who were here, gone elsewhere for whatever reasons (mostly money probably) and then returned to the team.  I wonder what the locker room thinks of these guys.  I suspect the messages and benefit are three fold.  First, if you still have something to offer and were/are a good teammate, Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott won't hesitate bringing  a player back to the roster.  Second, the Bills like to say "come to Buffalo and be the best version of your self."  I think to varying degrees, this is true of all of these players.  Their experiences at their other stops in the league did not go so well, other than getting bigger paychecks in some cases.  Third, the guys on the team have to feel good when former teammates are welcomed back into their locker room.

John Brown seems like the most extreme case of this to me.  He struck me as genuinely hurt that he wasn't brought back in 2021 and he only managed 3 targets and 0 catches on the three other teams he was on that year..  He probably had the most extended time off of an NFL roster before returning and had to wonder if his career was over.  Also, both he and Beasley have to know that they are back on the team and getting NFL paychecks because Josh wanted them here.  That seems powerful and adds extra meaning to any plays they make.  

From March of 2021..........

But for Brown, he went Sirius XM Radio, stating he didn't see the move coming at all. He also stressed that he did wonder if Josh Allen played a part in his release.

"We didn't know nothing," Brown said. "You know, we weren't even given a heads up. But you know I'm a strong believer in God. I just had a feeling it was going to come to that time especially when the money dropped.  I dealt with a few injuries so I missed like five games and the team went five-and-oh without me. I don't know if they gave Josh Allen Input on it. I feel him being a big-time quarterback he should've had input. If he did have input I thought he would've wanted me to stay."

That TD catch he made on Sunday had to mean more to him than most any other he has ever made and he gave the ball to Denny Kellington.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Shaq Lawson, Jordan Phillips, Dean Marlowe, Bobby Hart, AJ Klein, Matt Barkley, Taiwan Jones, Cole Beasley and John Brown.  Maybe I am missing someone.  This seems like an unusual amount of players for a 13 and 3 team to have on their roster who were here, gone elsewhere for whatever reasons (mostly money probably) and then returned to the team.  I wonder what the locker room thinks of these guys.  I suspect the messages and benefit are three fold.  First, if you still have something to offer and were/are a good teammate, Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott won't hesitate bringing  a player back to the roster.  Second, the Bills like to say "come to Buffalo and be the best version of your self."  I think to varying degrees, this is true of all of these players.  Their experiences at their other stops in the league did not go so well, other than getting bigger paychecks in some cases.  Third, the guys on the team have to feel good when former teammates are welcomed back into their locker room.

John Brown seems like the most extreme case of this to me.  He struck me as genuinely hurt that he wasn't brought back in 2021 and he only managed 3 targets and 0 catches on the three other teams he was on that year..  He probably had the most extended time off of an NFL roster before returning and had to wonder if his career was over.  Also, both he and Beasley have to know that they are back on the team and getting NFL paychecks because Josh wanted them here.  That seems powerful and adds extra meaning to any plays they make.  

From March of 2021..........

But for Brown, he went Sirius XM Radio, stating he didn't see the move coming at all. He also stressed that he did wonder if Josh Allen played a part in his release.

"We didn't know nothing," Brown said. "You know, we weren't even given a heads up. But you know I'm a strong believer in God. I just had a feeling it was going to come to that time especially when the money dropped.  I dealt with a few injuries so I missed like five games and the team went five-and-oh without me. I don't know if they gave Josh Allen Input on it. I feel him being a big-time quarterback he should've had input. If he did have input I thought he would've wanted me to stay."

That TD catch he made on Sunday had to mean more to him than most any other he has ever made and he gave the ball to Denny Kellington.

He almost had a long TD his first gm back. Smoke still got Smoke. I hope he's active going forward. Having thar deep threat opens up alot

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

He almost had a long TD his first gm back. Smoke still got Smoke. I hope he's active going forward. Having thar deep threat opens up alot

Sure did, the wind held that ball up just a bit. I have a feeling they’re planning on a few more deep shots to Brown this postseason run 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Smoke has 4 routes he is great at.

The go route.

The comeback off the go where he is wide open usually about 15-20 yards downfield. 

The deep over running all the way across the field 20-25 yards downfield.

The WR screen, aka, the "Gold Rip" audible from Allen

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Smoke has 4 routes he is great at.

The go route.

The comeback off the go where he is wide open usually about 15-20 yards downfield. 

The deep over running all the way across the field 20-25 yards downfield.

The WR screen, aka, the "Gold Rip" audible from Allen

I think that one might be the one most missing from his skillset these days. But the deep over, which was always his money route, is still there. That is what he was running before Josh re-directed him on Sunday and the drop he had a few games back too. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.