"Unknown" high ranking official from Bills or Bengals trashes NFL and Troy Vincent for response

Big Turk

Wow...some more in depth info regarding what actually happened from an "unknown" high ranking official on either the Bills or Bengals. My bet is the Bills.

Just absolutely trashes the NFL and Troy Vincent and says Dawn Aponte, the NFL representative at the game "held the line hard" even as Vincent tried to force her to make them resume play...

Also claimed they weren't going back out on the field to play even if the "Lord himself came down" and that the Bills and Bengals decided to stop playing that game not the NFL.

I'm not surprised. NFL is the king of doing one thing and then trying to gloss over it and make it appear they were doing the opposite once it happens. All they care about is the "appearance" of doing the right thing, not actually doing it.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-vs-espn-over-whether-025927564.html

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Agree 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 5

• Big Turk changed the title to "Unknown" high ranking official from Bills or Bengals trashes NFL and Troy Vincent for response

Hopefully they won’t be able to determine who the source was, especially if it’s a Bills source, which I think most likely it was. Beane was standing directly behind McDermott when he was doing the phone call with Aponte and Zac Taylor in the tunnel when they kept showing video of that on MNF that night. I don’t want the Bills to have to fear retribution from the league or Vincent because of them doing the right thing that night when the league was clearly pushing otherwise. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

Didn't realize Troy Vincent was so disliked. 

So much for the idea that the NFLPA is looking out for the best interest of the players 🤨

I never understood why people thought he was liked. To go from being a union toeing guy and always at the forefront of player issues to now being on the opposite side playing like he has compassion? Dudes a fraud and it shows now.

• Agree 6

10 minutes ago, boyst said:

I never understood why people thought he was liked. To go from being a union toeing guy and always at the forefront of player issues to now being on the opposite side playing like he has compassion? Dudes a fraud and it shows now.

Honestly had no clue how players viewed him. I figured if he held such high positions on both sides, he must be a well-respected/well-liked person. Obviously I was wrong lol

12 minutes ago, boyst said:

It's kinda hard to justify how you could claim you believe one thing and fight hard for it to the other side and then switch sides to fight hard for something that is diametrically opposed to what his initial fight was for.

Benedict Arnold or Judas comes to mind.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, boyst said:

Hard to think someone who intentionally injured his own team’s rookie QB would now be capable of having the interest of the players in mind. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 8
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

It's kinda hard to justify how you could claim you believe one thing and fight hard for it to the other side and then switch sides to fight hard for something that is diametrically opposed to what his initial fight was for.

Benedict Arnold or Judas comes to mind.

Sounds like he would have a successful career in politics.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, transient said:

Hard to think someone who intentionally injured his own team’s rookie QB would now be capable of having the interest of the players in mind. 

Nuh uh! Mike Mularkey blamed it on Losman. Vincent would never try & injure someone  😉

19 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Hopefully they won’t be able to determine who the source was, especially if it’s a Bills source, which I think most likely it was. 

I disagree.  The Bengals reps were in the hallway also, and it's the Bengals who are most upset at the league's  seeding proposal, thus (in my opinion) are the ones most likely to be sniping at the league at this point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

30 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Hopefully they won’t be able to determine who the source was, especially if it’s a Bills source, which I think most likely it was. Beane was standing directly behind McDermott when he was doing the phone call with Aponte and Zac Taylor in the tunnel when they kept showing video of that on MNF that night. I don’t want the Bills to have to fear retribution from the league or Vincent because of them doing the right thing that night when the league was clearly pushing otherwise. 

Not saying it wasn't some Bills official or other, though I tend to doubt it, given the culture there. But that quote really doesn't have the vibe of Bean or McDermott anyway. I would be completely shocked if it were one of them. Can't see them sounding off to a reporter in that tone. Way out of character.

• Agree 1

Let’s not silly enough to put this all on Vincent. They obviously sent him out there to lie first thing the next morning. They spent the whole night in damage control. That’s why they went silent for hours. They knew they screwed up real real bad. 

Unfortunately, most fans are more than willing to peddle the league’s fibs.

Edited by Governor
  • Agree 3

As clear as it is that the NFL and Troylet Vincent are lying pieces of sh!t, they will walk away from this unscathed and laugh about it around a campfire someday.

The NFL is the scummiest business in the world.  You don't need to go any further than Joe Mixon and Deshaun Watson (and those are just the recent examples) to see that.

I'll raise my hand as a guilty party ... but let's face it ... we'll all keep watching, no matter how scummy they are.

• Agree 5

4 minutes ago, Last Guy on the Bench said:

Not saying it wasn't some Bills official or other, though I tend to doubt it, given the culture there. But that quote really doesn't have the vibe of Bean or McDermott anyway. I would be completely shocked if it were one of them. Can't see them sounding off to a reporter in that tone. Way out of character.

I actually could totally hear Beane saying a lot of those things.  I at least think it’s a Bills official, based on the following quote specifically:

"We felt confusion and nonsense more than pressure," the team official said. "They were still discussing things. In our mind there was nothing to be discussed. ... If they would have said, 'If you leave you're forfeiting the game,' we're still leaving."

Leaving and forfeiting sounds to me like a Bills official, since they were the road team AND already behind.  Plus, they’re the team who just watched one of their teammates get CPR on the field.

• Agree 8

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

As clear as it is that the NFL and Troylet Vincent are lying pieces of sh!t, they will walk away from this unscathed and laugh about it around a campfire someday.

The NFL is the scummiest business in the world.  You don't need to go any further than Joe Mixon and Deshaun Watson (and those are just the recent examples) to see that.

I'll raise my hand as a guilty party ... but let's face it ... we'll all keep watching, no matter how scummy they are.

If it weren't for football I would hate the NFL.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

boston bruins hockey GIF by NHL

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.