Chicago— New Stadium Renderings

Miyagi-Do Karate

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

That’s what I thought. I thought they were gone from the disaster that is the City of Chicago? This is just a desperate attempt from the city to pressure them to stay. That mayor is a gong show, destroyed that city. 

That's just...Chicago is great. It's doing great, a quick google search tells me the city had its highest growth rate since 2000. 

• Haha (+1) 2

17 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

I drove past Foxboro a couple months ago. I saw two hotels and a strip mall. Impressive really.

Granted, it's two more hotels and 1 more strip mall more than OP has built at the stadium in 50 years but whatever. There wasn't a specific reason to stop. What Denver is doing around Mile High was more impressive but it's also way closer to downtown than either OP or Foxboro.

Does the strip mall come with a “ massage” parlor?

55 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It’s embarrassing that you’re complaining

You're gonna tell me compared to what other teams already have and what the Bears and Titans are getting that it's not embarrassing? It's ok to say something like that. You don't need to get your panties in a twist, sweetie 😘

12 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I guess I don't want to get into a political narrative debate, so all I'll say is that much of the crime in Chicago is concentrated in areas of lower SES, while the higher SES/Tourist areas are quite safe. I know some people in Chicago and the numbers back that up as well. 

Larger point, it doesn't matter where in the country you are, the lower the SES, the higher the crime rates. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

You're gonna tell me compared to what other teams already have and what the Bears and Titans are getting that it's not embarrassing? It's ok to say something like that. You don't need to get your panties in a twist, sweetie 😘

No I’m not embarrassed by Ralph Wilson stadium or any new stadium we’re getting

I’m ecstatic my children’s children will get to watch the Buffalo Bills

7 minutes ago, appoo said:

I guess I don't want to get into a political narrative debate, so all I'll say is that much of the crime in Chicago is concentrated in areas of lower SES, while the higher SES/Tourist areas are quite safe. I know some people in Chicago and the numbers back that up as well. 

Larger point, it doesn't matter where in the country you are, the lower the SES, the higher the crime rates. 

People always say the crime in Chicago is limited to certain areas, but Chicago’s police crime map seems to show a different story:

E42-E2-D3-B-8-EE4-4-DBE-94-C6-568627860-

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

No I’m not embarrassed by Ralph Wilson stadium or any new stadium we’re getting

I’m ecstatic my children’s children will get to watch the Buffalo Bills

Golden Girls Rose GIF by TV Land

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

The economic effect is like getting a new target

According to their stadium study… So it would be like the first ward getting a new target

And they are absolutely not the people in control of the economic prosperity of buffalo and Western New York

If what you say is true, and the consultant's conclusion was a 1.5 billion dollar stadium has the same impact on ancillary investments as a new target in Buffalo 1st ward, then once again the people of WNY got shafted. What's even more alarming is that the people are so docile and gullible to believe that nonsense. 

11 minutes ago, gjv said:

If what you say is true, and the consultant's conclusion was a 1.5 billion dollar stadium has the same impact on ancillary investments as a new target in Buffalo 1st ward, then once again the people of WNY got shafted. What's even more alarming is that the people are so docile and gullible to believe that nonsense. 

Every single stadium report done in the last 15 years has shown Little to no economic improvement

That’s on Stadium built across the country

Something that is in use 10 to 20 times a year does not generate as much money as you think

And it didn’t specifically say a target in the first ward.. It said the new Buffalo Bills stadium impact will bring about the same economic return as a new target

I just picked the first ward because it’s close to where maybe a downtown stadium Could have been

But it’s not happening

Maybe the gullible person is the one who believes it’s something it’s not

Edited by Buffalo716

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.