Biden, A Good American President, Pilfers Classified Docs

Democrats Claim Biden's Classified Documents Scandal is 'Different,' but the Receipts Tell a Different Story

In a somewhat comical turn of events, Joe Biden has found himself caught up in his own scandal surrounding the improper possession and handling of classified documents. That comes after the current president chastised Donald Trump last year for much the same thing, asserting that he didn’t understand how anyone could “be that irresponsible.”

As reported, no less than 10 classified documents were found at the Penn Biden Center in an office used by the now-president before he entered the White House. Because the Penn Biden Center wasn’t even founded until 2018, it is clear that the documents were transported there during a period when Biden did not have the legal authority to have them.

Naturally, Democrats and their press allies set out to move the goalposts. In fact, they’ve been uprooted and tossed into the sea at this point. According to them, what Biden did is “different” because, though he possessed the documents, he didn’t try to “obstruct” the National Archives from retrieving them.

Here’s Sen. Dick Durbin playing that game.

Of course, the documents were not “immediately” sent to the Archives. Rather, they were held for six years, moved at least twice, and were only reported after the 2022 election despite them being “found” beforehand.

So is the standard now that it’s fine for someone to illegally possess classified documents as long as they turn them in when they feel like it? In this case, the timeline ensured minimum political fallout.

To be frank, I don’t buy for a second that this was an accident. A person doesn’t accidentally take classified documents, move them multiple times, and lock them into a closet. This whole “oh, we just found these documents” line is highly suspicious. They “found” them just in time to wipe the slate clean after an election and before Biden announces his 2024, run? Yeah, I bet.

Regardless, it is those on the left who have assured us that intent doesn’t matter in this case.

The receipts are all there, and they are proving rather awkward.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/01/10/democrats-claim-bidens-classified-documents-scandal-is-different-but-the-receipts-tell-a-different-story-n686328

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Democrats Claim Biden's Classified Documents Scandal is 'Different,' but the Receipts Tell a Different Story

In a somewhat comical turn of events, Joe Biden has found himself caught up in his own scandal surrounding the improper possession and handling of classified documents. That comes after the current president chastised Donald Trump last year for much the same thing, asserting that he didn’t understand how anyone could “be that irresponsible.”

As reported, no less than 10 classified documents were found at the Penn Biden Center in an office used by the now-president before he entered the White House. Because the Penn Biden Center wasn’t even founded until 2018, it is clear that the documents were transported there during a period when Biden did not have the legal authority to have them.

Naturally, Democrats and their press allies set out to move the goalposts. In fact, they’ve been uprooted and tossed into the sea at this point. According to them, what Biden did is “different” because, though he possessed the documents, he didn’t try to “obstruct” the National Archives from retrieving them.

Here’s Sen. Dick Durbin playing that game.

Of course, the documents were not “immediately” sent to the Archives. Rather, they were held for six years, moved at least twice, and were only reported after the 2022 election despite them being “found” beforehand.

So is the standard now that it’s fine for someone to illegally possess classified documents as long as they turn them in when they feel like it? In this case, the timeline ensured minimum political fallout.

To be frank, I don’t buy for a second that this was an accident. A person doesn’t accidentally take classified documents, move them multiple times, and lock them into a closet. This whole “oh, we just found these documents” line is highly suspicious. They “found” them just in time to wipe the slate clean after an election and before Biden announces his 2024, run? Yeah, I bet.

Regardless, it is those on the left who have assured us that intent doesn’t matter in this case.

The receipts are all there, and they are proving rather awkward.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/01/10/democrats-claim-bidens-classified-documents-scandal-is-different-but-the-receipts-tell-a-different-story-n686328

Looking at the simplest explanation given the known facts: bad

Rampant speculation based on wishcasting: good 

Got it

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, wnyguy said:

Yeah, it's different when it's your guy, ain't it?

No, it’s different when the facts are different. If Biden did the same thing as Trump, then he should be indicted. But he didn’t, so the cases aren’t the same no matter how much Trumpers pretend they are. 

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

No, it’s different when the facts are different. If Biden did the same thing as Trump, then he should be indicted. But he didn’t, so the cases aren’t the same no matter how much Trumpers pretend they are. 

Trump as president has the authority to declassify anything he wanted, Biden never did. Since there is not an official formal process that must be followed to declassify something the simplest argument is Trump declassified them. What is Bidens reason?

Just now, Orlando Tim said:

Trump as president has the authority to declassify anything he wanted, Biden never did. Since there is not an official formal process that must be followed to declassify something the simplest argument is Trump declassified them. What is Bidens reason?

Whether or not they were classified is completely irrelevant. Neither person has the right to posses them, classified or not. 

What is the same: Trump and Biden had documents they had no right to

What is different: When Biden’s team discovered the documents, they notified the government and handed them over. Trump refused to return the documents even when told he had no right to possess them. 

If Trump had handed all of the documents back, he wouldn’t be in trouble. 

If it’s discovered that Biden knew he had the documents he shouldn’t have and refused to return them, he should be in trouble. 

This really isn’t that hard, folks.

4 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Whether or not they were classified is completely irrelevant. Neither person has the right to posses them, classified or not. 

What is the same: Trump and Biden had documents they had no right to

What is different: When Biden’s team discovered the documents, they notified the government and handed them over. Trump refused to return the documents even when told he had no right to possess them. 

If Trump had handed all of the documents back, he wouldn’t be in trouble. 

If it’s discovered that Biden knew he had the documents he shouldn’t have and refused to return them, he should be in trouble. 

This really isn’t that hard, folks.

Trump, and any citizen of the country, has a right to government information that is not classified, most of us have to go through a much larger process but we all have the right to it. It being classified is the crux of the argument, I am confused on how anyone would argue otherwise. 

3 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Trump, and any citizen of the country, has a right to government information that is not classified, most of us have to go through a much larger process but we all have the right to it. It being classified is the crux of the argument, I am confused on how anyone would argue otherwise. 

You do not have a right to physically possess any government documents you want, whether they are classified or not. Are you arguing that you can just go into a government building and take any documents you want so long as they aren’t classified?

None of the statutes that Trump is being investigated for violating require the documents to be classified. I don’t think they even mention classification at all. The fact that some were classified underscores the potential danger of mishandling of government documents but is not very relevant to the legal jeopardy Trump is in.

5 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

It’s ok to possess classified information for a period as long as 6 years in an unsecured manner so long as you eventually give it back. What’s so difficult to understand?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The highly curated leaks from Biden’s people are meant to get in front of the news. That’s their job. The political media, in turn, repeated, nearly verbatim, what they are told. That’s not their job. Their job is to be as skeptical of Biden’s contentions as they were of Trump’s or Clinton’s. The president, after all, has proven to be an inveterate liar.

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

The highly curated leaks from Biden’s people are meant to get in front of the news. That’s their job. The political media, in turn, repeated, nearly verbatim, what they are told. That’s not their job. Their job is to be as skeptical of Biden’s contentions as they were of Trump’s or Clinton’s. The president, after all, has proven to be an inveterate liar.

Hey, let me know when Biden’s team signs an affidavit falsely claiming they returned all the documents when they didn’t. 

14 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

You do not have a right to physically possess any government documents you want, whether they are classified or not. Are you arguing that you can just go into a government building and take any documents you want so long as they aren’t classified?

None of the statutes that Trump is being investigated for violating require the documents to be classified. I don’t think they even mention classification at all. The fact that some were classified underscores the potential danger of mishandling of government documents but is not very relevant to the legal jeopardy Trump is in.

Please reread what I said and compare it to what you wrote. If it is still here in a few hours I will respond but I think you are confusing the idea of a document vs the information contained. 

22 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Please reread what I said and compare it to what you wrote. If it is still here in a few hours I will respond but I think you are confusing the idea of a document vs the information contained. 

Just to reiterate: whether the documents were classified or not is legally irrelevant here. The second someone is no longer president, they lose the right to possess any presidential documents, classified or not. 

Edited by ChiGoose

3 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Are they going to raid his house too? Only seems fair. They might find some of Hunter's heroin while they are at it

Unlikely since Biden is cooperating with law enforcement instead of obstructing them and lying to them. 

• Haha (+1) 1